2004 McD's Monopoly Winners, and Pieces Trading Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puff Is Hurr

CAG Veteran
Feedback
3 (100%)
Let's all post what we win off of the McDonald's Monopoly , and see who the biggest CAG winner is...to be decided once the game ends. This thread can also be used for trading pieces to help other CAG'ers win big!

I just got a Chicken Selects meal...but they didn't give me a Best Buy piece on my fries, the bastards. Anyway, I won medium fries and a McFlurry.

EDIT: Just read the fine print--"Limit of $3 in Best Buy Bucks may be used toward the purchase of any single CD or DVD." :roll:

[quote name='defiance_17']I just got a Chicken Selects meal...but they didn't give me a Best Buy piece on my fries, the bastards. Anyway, I won medium fries and a McFlurry.

EDIT: Just read the fine print--"Limit of $3 in Best Buy Bucks may be used toward the purchase of any single CD or DVD." :roll:[/quote]

it doesnt come with bestbuy bucks because u have to buy the large size. i didnt know too until i read the thing that i have to buy large value meal. i was pissed. oh well. last year was better. it was on the fries on medium size. if bought large, fries and drink will come with bestbuy bucks. but that was last year. this year sucks.

The game itself has not been the same since it was brought back in 1994. It used to be that they would give out game pieces for free (they were in little sealed plastic bags) when they did it in the late 1990's/real early 1990's. Now you have to buy so much food to get any game pieces.

McDonalds here has a chicken selects meal with 6 game pieces and at least $2 in Best Buy money for $5.45 after tax. Not too bad, I haven't been to McDonalds in months.

they moved it from MED fries to large cause Med only cost a buck.

SO far i got 6 junk game pic. Any Breakfast sandwitch and a small pop

ooo and the BIGGEST THING I won was getting sick (never eat 3 orders of large fries at once) I will probally go back Thursday get 2 more large fries .... 15 fries = free ANimal crossing game WOOOO

I would think that there wouldnt be much trading going on. Isnt it normally only one piece out of each pair or triplet that is rare? So if you happen to score a rare one, you'd either already have the complimentary pieces or you'd just have to go back and that would be it.

I've heard the ads about the Best Buy bucks, but what's the low down? The ads say you always get the Best Buy bucks, so what's the least you can get? I'll probably buy some large meal tomorrow. Can they be used on anything?

$1 is the least you can get. I think the odds are very long of getting anything other than $1.

I went tonight with a friend, we both got the chicken select meal to maximize our pieces and BB bucks. 4 BB bucks, lunch / dinner sandwich, and small soft drink, plus a ton of junk monopoly pieces. Pretty crappy haul really.

Oh and the chicken select tenders aren't very good IMO. Don't think I'd get them again.

Anyone know if you can use each piece twice like you could last year? I remember being able to use a BB buck once online and then redeeming the physical piece instore later. Still work?

Lets start listing pieces...If someone combined can win...We could split the prize!

Atlantic Avenue
ST James Place
Connecticut Avenue
Oriental Avenue
Baltic Avenue
Reading Railroad
B.O. Railroad

You get monopoly and BB bucks from:
Chicken Select strips (any size)
large fries

You get just the monopoly pieces on:
large (and medium I think?) soda
hash browns
and something else I think?

So if you get a large sized chicken select value meal (any # of strips) you'll get 6 monopoly pieces and 2 BB bucks.

And as far as trading the monopoly pieces... Out of each set all but one are common (as DMK noted) so it really doesn't make any sense to trade. Whoever gets the rare one can just go and buy stuff at McDonalds until they get the common ones to make the set and come out way ahead. Or I'd imagine someone on here would be willing to give away any of the common ones to anyone that gets a rare one. (I certainly would be.)

One time, playing the monopoly game at McDonald's, I proved I was damn lucky. I actually won a cruise on The Big Red Boat when it still existed. And the funnier thing was I won it from one of the game boards that came in your newspaper. There was nothing but luck going on for me there. But I damn enjoyed that cruise.

I just went and got the Chicken Selects....not too bad actually, even though I'm not a big McD's fan.

Pieces I got:
Park Place
B&O RR
Oriental
NC Avenue
NY Avenue
Penn RR

and two $1 BB bucks

Not bad...although you can only use $3 on DVD or music. I will probably use them on a DVD though

looks like boardwalk is going to be the rare piece this year. anyone know if they will put 2 game pieces in the papers like the did a few years back?

[quote name='trunks982']anyone try the online game? playatmcd.com[/quote]

The prizes suck online for the first few weeks, but after that, it seems decent....I may try my pieces online when the XBOX week rolls around

[quote name='craven_fiend']looks like boardwalk is going to be the rare piece this year. anyone know if they will put 2 game pieces in the papers like the did a few years back?[/quote]

they stopped doing it here cause people was driving around stealing peoples pieces out of the paper.

I think it was because with the newspaper inserts, every insert was guarntedd to have some winning piece (most of course was just for food) so that gave people even more incentive to take the pieces of out newspapers.

they stopped doing it here cause people was driving around stealing peoples pieces out of the paper.

When I had my paper route, I would get the inserts a day or 2 early, so I would take them all.

It was a very small route, and no one on my street would ever go to a McDonalds anyways, so I don't think i'm going to Hell for it :wink:

[quote name='Scahom1']

When I had my paper route, I would get the inserts a day or 2 early, so I would take them all.

It was a very small route, and no one on my street would ever go to a McDonalds anyways, so I don't think i'm going to Hell for it :wink:[/quote]

Haha nice! Did you win anything decent from those pieces?

I just won 2 sony music online downloads from some prices a gril I know had. Too bad I didn't know about the XBOX week. Maybe I'll start going to MCD's a little more now.

Say, if I remember correctly, every year the same single piece of every set is rare. Could anyone list those pieces so I know if I've strike gold, or a link to a site which lists them.

edit: Dumbass, me the link to the prize tracking lists it.
- #-o
:imwithst:

I have extra:
2 Park Place(both in the same meal)
2 Atlantic Ave.
2 Illinois Ave.
2 New York Ave.
2 Oriental Ave.
2 Connecticut Ave.(both came in same meal)
2 B&O Railroad
1 States Ave.
1 Penn. Railroad
1 Marvin Blvd.

The only color I'm not one piece from winning is the green. Don't think I'll win, though.

EDIT: Updated, also I found a McD's that is a dollar cheaper for the large 3pc Chicken Selects meal.

[quote name='dnt_h8me2']I got Park Place.
So if anyone has Boardwalk, I'll split the $1,000,000 with ya.[/quote]

i have boardwalk, i will sell it to you for $700,000 paypal. let me know if you are interested. actually, paypal will not work bc the fees there would be astronomical. so you will have to send the $700,000 via money order.

On a serious note, if some of you win free breakfast sandwiches, or mcflurries, and dont plan on using them, i will pay for the postage to ship them to me. I will gladly make use of the free breakfast pieces, or the free mcflurries.

I dont know how you people can stomach their lunch/dinner menu, they put shit in the food and it is super nasty!

Isn't there a website or something that lists all of the rare pieces? I tried to google it but could not find anything. Anyone know of it? Thanks!

Edit: Whoops....see three posts up where someone else asked for the site. :roll:

[quote name='"Scahom1"']

It was a very small route, and no one on my street would ever go to a McDonalds anyways, so I don't think i'm going to Hell for it :wink:[/quote

hope noone knows who you are cause if its been in the last 7 years and the paper finds out about this they can go back and SUE you for the money... ]

I won a Rio Forge 256MB Sport Mp3 player today on Viginia Avenue... Here is a piece of info for everyone... winning pieces, ie the rare ones, have a phone number to call to claim your prize and an expiration date all printed on the stamp itself.

:bouncy: I have Park Place Ave as well, and I would split the prize with someone as well. Email me for details. SERIOUS PEOPLE ONLY !! I would find it VERY hard to believe someone would actually have Boardwalk, and NOT want to combine the pieces.

But who knows....

Thanks,

Joseph F.

[quote name='coachjoe2012']:bouncy: I have Park Place Ave as well, and I would split the prize with someone as well. Email me for details. SERIOUS PEOPLE ONLY !! I would find it VERY hard to believe someone would actually have Boardwalk, and NOT want to combine the pieces.

But who knows....

Thanks,

Joseph F.[/QUOTE]

i got 21 park places : )

Wow, this was an OLDASS thread....amazing.

I got nothing...no McD's for me. It's still only Chicken Selects and LARGE Fries, correct?

someone gotta delete this thread. its 2years old. i got confused reading my own old post. there is no BBB on large fries. Only on Premium Chickens and Chicken Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back