2005 FYE Trade-in Prices LIST HERE *Mods Please Lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Pookymeister1234']wish my FYE gave cash[/QUOTE]

I do too, why is it some do and some don't?

And I have another issue with my FYE (dunno if it's all FYEs) they charge tax on trade ins. So if I trade in a value of say $40 and then I turn around and buy a game for $40, if I go to Gamestop or Ebgames or anywhere else they hand me the game with no tax. But FYE would charge me the $3 tax on $40 or whatever it would be. I think that's seriously illegal as I've been told that the short time I was an employee at Gamestop that it's against the law. The Government doesn't tax trades, and I pointed it out to them that every other store I've been to does not charge tax on the item you're trading for, they all act clueless and said they're never heard of not charging tax for a trade-in.

I think I need to escalate it up to their corporate office and find out the deal. I have about $200 of store credit now all from trade-ins and don't feel I should be taxed on items I get with it when it was a trade-in.

Do they do this at all FYE's?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I've had games I've opened 10 seconds prior to entering the store be rejected because of the condition. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Mine scratch them in front of me! :bomb:

I hope that FYE gets on the ball and updates their DS prices (for the universal price drop) on Sunday, as I already have my Nintendogs on order but no DS.

Same thing happened with me, I was just like, whatever. And went along with it. Had no idea it was illegal though. That was a while ago, now I just stick with VGFanatics for my trade ins.

[quote name='Miguel B']Same thing happened with me, I was just like, whatever. And went along with it. Had no idea it was illegal though. That was a while ago, now I just stick with VGFanatics for my trade ins.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I mean if it were just like a $20-$30 trade in I'd just pay the $2 or $3 tax. But this is $200 worth of credit and that's about $20 of tax I have to pay that I shouldn't.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I've had games I've opened 10 seconds prior to entering the store be rejected because of the condition. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Why not just leave it sealed then? On high value games I never open them and have yet to have a problem from any manager (regarding the game still being sealed).

A note about the Nintendo DS.

If you notice they've been running a promotion for a while now where you can:

"Buy a DS system + 2 games $19.99 or more & get a $30 mail in Rebate"

I don't know when this promotion ends but if they drop the price of the DS to $129.99 like other stores then this could be a really good deal.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I do too, why is it some do and some don't?

And I have another issue with my FYE (dunno if it's all FYEs) they charge tax on trade ins. So if I trade in a value of say $40 and then I turn around and buy a game for $40, if I go to Gamestop or Ebgames or anywhere else they hand me the game with no tax. But FYE would charge me the $3 tax on $40 or whatever it would be. I think that's seriously illegal as I've been told that the short time I was an employee at Gamestop that it's against the law. The Government doesn't tax trades, and I pointed it out to them that every other store I've been to does not charge tax on the item you're trading for, they all act clueless and said they're never heard of not charging tax for a trade-in.

I think I need to escalate it up to their corporate office and find out the deal. I have about $200 of store credit now all from trade-ins and don't feel I should be taxed on items I get with it when it was a trade-in.

Do they do this at all FYE's?[/QUOTE]

haha, i just went through tradein taxes on the gamerush thread. From what im understanding from reading your post, i think you are saying you got taxed from buying a game, not that they are taking tax away from your total trade in values. The game tradeins and the game purchase are two different transactions. When you trade in your games, you are basically selling them your games, and since they are buying it for resell, and since you dont own a permit to charge state tax, you cant "charge" them tax, ie they dont give u tax credit on your trades. When you turn around and use your credit to buy a game, you most likely will have to pay taxes just like a regular purchase. Some game stores (gamestop, ebgames) don't charge you tax if you trade in some games and use the credit to buy another game becuase it makes them more desirable as a gamestore, but they are still required by law to pay their state the sales tax for anything sold in the store, so they are actually losing a small percentage from not charging you tax. Most stores though will charge you tax, becuase if they dont, they still have to pay the state that money.

Hrmm, interesting. So you really think all stores are generous enough to pay your taxes for you except FYE? I'm not saying that's wrong, but I'm still not sure it's right because my store manager at Gamestop told me otherwise, plus the fact that it makes no sense what so ever that all stores would do that but them, they wouldn't they would charge you tax too.

Again I'm not saying you're for sure wrong but one of you has to be you or my ex-store manager, where did you get your information from?

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Hrmm, interesting. So you really think all stores are generous enough to pay your taxes for you except FYE? I'm not saying that's wrong, but I'm still not sure it's right because my store manager at Gamestop told me otherwise, plus the fact that it makes no sense what so ever that all stores would do that but them, they wouldn't they would charge you tax too.

Again I'm not saying you're for sure wrong but one of you has to be you or my ex-store manager, where did you get your information from?[/QUOTE]

I know when i bought my last car, my trade in value took off directly from the cost of my new car - so I wasn't taxed 14,000, which i was happy about. I don't know if thats law either., but i was a fan of it.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Hrmm, interesting. So you really think all stores are generous enough to pay your taxes for you except FYE? I'm not saying that's wrong, but I'm still not sure it's right because my store manager at Gamestop told me otherwise, plus the fact that it makes no sense what so ever that all stores would do that but them, they wouldn't they would charge you tax too.

Again I'm not saying you're for sure wrong but one of you has to be you or my ex-store manager, where did you get your information from?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop and EBgames are stores that only specialize in gaming...and the majority of their profits come selling used games. The only reason they're being generous is so they get more tradeins, and are willing to take the small paycut by paying your taxes if you trade in games. FYE is an electronic store, and the game tradeins are just an added convience for the consumer. BTW, not all stores pay your taxes for you. The majority, including Gamerush and Gamecrazy and many, many others make you pay taxes when you buy games using tradein credits.

I got my information from my classes on Economics, Accounting, and Finance in college.

My FYE has a sign about the Xbox 360, has anyone reserved their system there? Has anyone talked to them about it? At the one store I went to the lady said she was new and did not know anything about it and the manager was out for lunch. I did my PSP at FYE and I got it on launch day. I wonder if they will have both options at the store.

u shouldnt have to pay taxes on things u buy with tradein credit. since in effect, the company would get to charge tax twice (on what you bought and what you traded in once purchased by someone else)... It is just how the system is set up.

[quote name='Sulmona']u shouldnt have to pay taxes on things u buy with tradein credit. since in effect, the company would get to charge tax twice (on what you bought and what you traded in once purchased by someone else)... It is just how the system is set up.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly right, I think Americanpierg is incorrect. I highly doubt your economic class taught you that you would get taxed on trading in something like in this situation, pretty sure you're lying there. :roll:

You're getting taxed twice like sulmona said, the time you bought the item originally and when you trade it in. You don't pay taxes on the amount you trade your car in in any state, why would it be any different?

That is rediculous that you think Gamestop and Ebgames do this only, I have done it at many other places and none have charged me tax. Even small local places, I doubt they would want to just pay for my taxes on the trade.

[quote name='Americanpierg']Gamestop and EBgames are stores that only specialize in gaming...and the majority of their profits come selling used games. The only reason they're being generous is so they get more tradeins, and are willing to take the small paycut by paying your taxes if you trade in games. FYE is an electronic store, and the game tradeins are just an added convience for the consumer. BTW, not all stores pay your taxes for you. The majority, including Gamerush and Gamecrazy and many, many others make you pay taxes when you buy games using tradein credits.

I got my information from my classes on Economics, Accounting, and Finance in college.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you need some new professors and/or books. EB, Gamestop and Gamecrazy DO NOT charge tax when using trade-in credit. Why? It isn't required by law. Why make a customer pay tax when they aren't required to? Unless you're like FYE: a bunch of ignorant overcharging buffoons. (no offense to individual employees just doing their job)

[quote name='elprincipe']Sounds like you need some new professors and/or books. EB, Gamestop and Gamecrazy DO NOT charge tax when using trade-in credit. Why? It isn't required by law. Why make a customer pay tax when they aren't required to? Unless you're like FYE: a bunch of ignorant overcharging buffoons. (no offense to individual employees just doing their job)[/QUOTE]

LOL...how is it not required by law? When you run a business, you are required to obtain a state license, permit, or whatever to collect state tax (accordingly to your own state tax laws). You are then required to pay the state this tax. Whether you CHARGE the tax or not is up to you, but not charging it does not exempt you from paying this tax. Why would a multi million dollar coporation such as blockbuster and FYE commit illegal tax fraud on such a small part of their operation that is game trades??

[quote name='Sulmona']u shouldnt have to pay taxes on things u buy with tradein credit. since in effect, the company would get to charge tax twice (on what you bought and what you traded in once purchased by someone else)... It is just how the system is set up.[/QUOTE]

How does that make any sense? What you bought is totally different from what someone else bought that was once yours, so each item is NOT taxed twice, each one is taxed once.

To open up your mind a little bit, what if Gamestop gave out cash instead of credit. (They only give you credit because its better for them businesswise, they get games that they can resell for lots, PLUS they get back the money they gave to you and they sell their items when you use ur credit.) So lets say you take this "cash" from your tradein and keep it for 2 weeks, come back in and want to buy soemting, but you expect not to be charged tax because it was cash from a tradein. How would that work out? The credit is essentially CASH that you received from selling them your games, but since tradeins work out the way it does, you do not receive cash and all you receive is measely credit. Buying with credit is the same as buying with cash, therefore subject to sales tax.

To simply put it once again, all people engaged in business are required to pay a certain percentage of their gross earnings to the state (reiqured in most states). When they sell a game, whether it be a used one or a new game, they are making profit, which a certain percentage is going to go to the state according to state laws. The majority of stores charge this tax to cover this cost.

Actually, this subject was being taught in Federal Income Tax Accounting which was a class required for my economics major.

you are looking at it as if they are giving you cash for the trade in. Only if they give you cash would you pay sales tax on a purchase with that cash. And you have a flawed view. If I trade in something for $40 credit and buy something for $50, the sale is for $10, both you and the company are only responsible for 60 cents. Then once someone buys your product you traded in they are charged regular tax assuming they arent trading in as well (this is where the sales tax you werent charged is made up). If this makes no sense to you, you will never understand and there is no point in discussing it further with you.

[quote name='Americanpierg']How does that make any sense? What you bought is totally different from what you traded in that is going to be purchased, so each item is NOT taxed twice, each one is taxed once.

All people engaged in business are required to pay a certain percentage of their gross earnings to the state (reiqured in most states). When they sell a game, whether it be a used one or a new game, they are making profit, which a certain percentage is going to go to the state according to state laws. The majority of stores charge this tax to cover this cost.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sulmona']you are looking at it as if they are giving you cash for the trade in. Only if they give you cash would you pay sales tax on a purchase with that cash. And you have a flawed view. If I trade in something for $40 credit and buy something for $50, the sale is for $10, both you and the company are only responsible for 60 cents. Then once someone buys your product you traded in they are charged regular tax assuming they arent trading in as well (this is where the sales tax you werent charged is made up). If this makes no sense to you, you will never understand and there is no point in discussing it further with you.[/QUOTE]

""this is where the sales tax you werent charged is made up""...you cannot "make up" taxes if you miss a previous taxation. If you bought a 50 dollar game without taxes, they just lost 3 dollars. If someone else buys a game for 50 and does get taxed, they get the 3 dollars for that game, but still does not have ur 3 dollars.

Why is giving you cash any different than giving store credit? Store credit IS cash...its just cheap cash that can only be used in that store. What if i went and bought an EBgames gift card...which IS ebgames credit. Now would i be exempted from taxes?

Car tradeins are quite different from trading in games. Each state has their own set of tax laws, and some see it as beneficial to the consumer to exempt them from the tax of the trade in amount of the car. Cars and Video Games are two totally different commodity and the laws of tradein of cars do not expand out to cover video games.

I think your misconception of applying automobili tradeins come from your misunderstanding of the word "tradein". You NEVER ever trade in your games (unless you do those tradein 4 and get this for free, which hardly any stores have). You SELL them your games. They are buying the games for you, and paying you for it in the form of store credit because its more beneficial to them.

[quote name='Americanpierg']""this is where the sales tax you werent charged is made up""...you cannot "make up" taxes if you miss a previous taxation. If you bought a 50 dollar game without taxes, they just lost 3 dollars. If someone else buys a game for 50 and does get taxed, they get the 3 dollars for that game, but still does not have ur 3 dollars.

Why is giving you cash any different than giving store credit? Store credit IS cash...its just cheap cash that can only be used in that store. What if i went and bought an EBgames gift card...which IS ebgames credit. Now would i be exempted from taxes?

I think your misconception of applying automobili tradeins come from your misunderstanding of the word "tradein". You NEVER ever trade in your games (unless you do those tradein 4 and get this for free, which hardly any stores have). You SELL them your games. They are buying the games for you, and paying you for it in the form of store credit because its more beneficial to them.[/QUOTE]

You're just flat out wrong. I used to work in a game store where we did trade-ins, and due to it being a trade we didn't charge sales tax on that amount. The same still holds. You ARE doing a trade, NOT a sale, thus no sales tax. And no, store credit is DEFINITELY NOT the same as cash. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. I'm done responding to your ill-informed and somewhat incoherent rants.

Americanpierg, can you please just STFU. You thread crapped the Gamerush thread with tax garbage and now this? Just go Kill your self already like you offered.

[quote name='elprincipe']You're just flat out wrong. I used to work in a game store where we did trade-ins, and due to it being a trade we didn't charge sales tax on that amount. The same still holds. You ARE doing a trade, NOT a sale, thus no sales tax. And no, store credit is DEFINITELY NOT the same as cash. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. I'm done responding to your ill-informed and somewhat incoherent rants.[/QUOTE]

LOL...i OWN two gamerushes in michigan (we dont even have the car tradein tax deduction here, cuz guess what, all tax laws are different :hot: ), i have an MBA in economics, and im being told on how stuff ive spent most of my life studying is incorrect by some kid who "worked" at a gamestore.

I go to gamecrazy, i trade in 3 games. I dont use the credit...i come back in a month later, and use the credit to buy a new game. This is in no way a tradein.

When you trade in ur games, you SELL ur games to the store. Have you ever seen those billions of signs that say "SELL US YOUR USED GAMES". Even gamestop's tradein website states this. Video game stores sometimes do NOT charge sales tax to entice the consumer to do business...since their sole existance depends on tradeins.

Only time you "tradein" a game is when you exchange a game for another, or exchange your game towards the purchase of another, which only happens when there is a deal such as trade in 4 for nascar 06 at ebgames. When you tradein, you never receive cash/credit/whatever for your game, just a deduction on your purchase.

Im sure gamestore employees are correct, and muiltimillion dollar coportations are breaking the laws. Take FYE to court for charging you sales tax, and tell me how that turns out will you?

[quote name='Americanpierg']LOL...i OWN two gamerushes in michigan, i have an MBA in economics, and im being told on how stuff ive spent most of my life studying is incorrect by some kid who "worked" at a gamestore.

I go to gamecrazy, i trade in 3 games. I dont use the credit...i come back in a month later, and use the credit to buy a controller. This is in no way a tradein.

When you trade in ur games, you SELL ur games to the store. Have you ever seen those billions of signs that say "SELL US YOUR USED GAMES". Even gamestop's tradein website states this. Video game stores sometimes do NOT charge sales tax to entice the consumer to do business...since their sole existance depends on tradeins.

Im sure gamestore employees are correct, and muiltimillion dollar coportations are breaking the laws. Take FYE to court for charging you sales tax, and tell me how that turns out will you?[/QUOTE]

I've noticed this with FYE as well . . . sucks that they don't avoid sales tax on tradeins.

I'll give the middle ground here. I don't know if FYE is absolutely required by law (State of Wis. in my case) but EB Games does keep track of how you acquired store credit. So, if I return a game they will put the credit on a gift card. Likewise, if someone gives me credit it is on a gift card. If there is credit from a tradein, it is put on an "Edge" card (even if it dosen't have a discount code on it). If you buy an item with a gift card, you pay tax. Buy one with an Edge card and you don't pay tax.

I cannot say without a doubt that FYE is commiting tax fraud, no one said that but you. I'm sure the Government isn't going to make criminals out of someone who's making them more money than they're supposed in taxes. Hell the IRS probably loves FYE.

I think it is rediculous you assume though that Gamestop and ebgames pay our taxes on trade-ins for us. That's just stupid. That would be a lot of money they're spending on that think about all the trade-ins they get. If they're so "generous" why not just pay our taxes on all games regardless and give us tax free games, by your logic. :roll:

Since when in your life have you ever heard of a company paying your sales tax for you on ANYTHING? think about how stupid that is.

p.s. you don't own two Gamerushes, why lie to impress on a message forum?

"
Just traded in PSP + Hotshot Golf at Gamerush for $197
Finally unloaded my worthless PSP and hotshot golf today...sadly i spent 310ish on the PSP and hotshots golf. I guess its better taking a 100 dollar lost than taking a 300 dollar lost when the PSP crumbles like the gamegear."

"
It started yesterday, August 9. Both deals are going on at the same time. I work at the novi gamerush."

look familar? it was your own posts. Did you forget to mention you owned two Gamerushes then? pathetic loser.

"i have an MBA in economics"

first of all. what a wasted degree, sucks that you paid over 40k (assuming you went to a decent school) for a masters degree in economics, you may as well have done liberal arts.

second of all, someone who not only has an MBA, but who has two gamerushes has to resort to returning games without a receipt to walmart? (refer to the Zelda tradein thread).

u must be one fucked up dude to be a mature, educated person and return games to walmart without a receipt

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Naw, he's just a compulsive liar.

If I can think of one thing more pathetic than being a compulsive liar, it's being a compulsive liar on the internet.[/QUOTE]

is it so wrong to be gay!!!??!?!?!

[quote name='Americanpierg']is it so wrong to be gay!!!??!?!?![/QUOTE]
can we ban this guy already? He contributes nothing positive to CAG at all.

I'm going to throw my hat in and add that in most states, as I understand it, trade-in's (or as FYE calls them, "buy-backs") are treated in the revenue books as an exchange of sorts. I "trade" my product for a set amount that the store dictates. Notice how gamestores always treat trades and purchases as two separate transactions. If I choose to receive cash, as many stores offer, then I also agree to pay state sales tax. I'm not bartering with the store to pay off my purchase with my goods... We're mutually surrendering our assets according to terms we both agree on. I don't collect tax from the store when I "sell" them my game - neither should they collect tax from me. I don't know if FYE is commiting fraud, but I'm pretty sure that the sales tax they collect is ill-gotten at best.

[quote name='Sulmona']"i have an MBA in economics"

first of all. what a wasted degree, sucks that you paid over 40k (assuming you went to a decent school) for a masters degree in economics, you may as well have done liberal arts.

second of all, someone who not only has an MBA, but who has two gamerushes has to resort to returning games without a receipt to walmart? (refer to the Zelda tradein thread).

u must be one fucked up dude to be a mature, educated person and return games to walmart without a receipt[/QUOTE]

Decent schools aren't 40 k. There are plenty for under 20, especially if you're in state. UCONN has one of the best medical/science programs in the north east as well as the strongest library of resources available to anyone in the NE.

To me, wasting 40 k on a degree is a waste of money - and no degree is a waste as long as it's an area of focus you enjoy. If you want your doctoral dissertation to be on buffy the vampire slayer - so be it - as long as you make enough money to make yourself happy.

Not saying you're wrong about the other guy being a fool - but you said a bit I couldn't let go.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Decent schools aren't 40 k. There are plenty for under 20, especially if you're in state. UCONN has one of the best medical/science programs in the north east as well as the strongest library of resources available to anyone in the NE.

To me, wasting 40 k on a degree is a waste of money - and no degree is a waste as long as it's an area of focus you enjoy. If you want your doctoral dissertation to be on buffy the vampire slayer - so be it - as long as you make enough money to make yourself happy.

Not saying you're wrong about the other guy being a fool - but you said a bit I couldn't let go.[/QUOTE]

Umm...undergrad instate will run you around at least 40,000 for four years at decent schools with tuition and room&board. A private college will cost around 150,000. You have to go to grad school to obtain an MBA, which will cost upwards to 40,000 a year.

Wasting 40,000 on a degree is not a waste of money. Anyone can tell you that a person with a college degree will on average will make much more money than those with only a highschool degree or even without a degree. Go to college, unless you want to work at FYE or Gamerush or Gamestop or something. If you want to become a doctor or dentist, be ready to add another 200,000 to your school bill.

[quote name='Americanpierg']Umm...undergrad instate will run you around at least 40,000 for four years at decent schools with tuition and room&board. A private college will cost around 150,000. You have to go to grad school to obtain an MBA, which will cost upwards to 40,000 a year.

Wasting 40,000 on a degree is not a waste of money. Anyone can tell you that a person with a college degree will on average will make much more money than those with only a highschool degree or even without a degree. Go to college, unless you want to work at FYE or Gamerush or Gamestop or something. If you want to become a doctor or dentist, be ready to add another 200,000 to your school bill.[/QUOTE]

All of this and you're wasting your days arguing with someone over the internet :applause:

This thread sure went to shit!

Face it, people. We failed to put FYE out of business for good. There are no winners. There's nothing more to say in this thread. We may have ALL the merchandise credit, but they counter-attacked us when they stopped carry good, reasonably priced, and recent merchandise (especially games). They ONLY carry big-hit games (kinda like Blockbuster), not to mention their latest game was probably Spider-Man 2 (PSP). Sad indeed. The fuckers got us good by not carrying accessories too. There was a time when you could spend $35.00 at one store for games, trade those games to FYE stores and walk out with a GunCon2/Time Crisis 3 pack, PS2 (standard) multi-tap, PS2 EyeToy Camera, PS1 memory cards, Mad Catz Blaster for Xbox, and even a 20-dollar Datel keyboard for PS2. Now they aint got shit... only to SMITE us CheapAss gamers. Maybe one of these days, CAGs will RISE AGAIN and crush Trans World Entertainment like a grape! But until then, we haven't won yet!

[quote name='Devin']This thread sure went to shit!

Face it, people. We failed to put FYE out of business for good. There are no winners. There's nothing more to say in this thread. We may have ALL the merchandise credit, but they counter-attacked us when they stopped carry good, reasonably priced, and recent merchandise (especially games). They ONLY carry big-hit games (kinda like Blockbuster), not to mention their latest game was probably Spider-Man 2 (PSP). Sad indeed. The fuckers got us good by not carrying accessories too. There was a time when you could spend $35.00 at one store for games, trade those games to FYE stores and walk out with a GunCon2/Time Crisis 3 pack, PS2 (standard) multi-tap, PS2 EyeToy Camera, PS1 memory cards, Mad Catz Blaster for Xbox, and even a 20-dollar Datel keyboard for PS2. Now they aint got shit... only to SMITE us CheapAss gamers. Maybe one of these days, CAGs will RISE AGAIN and crush Trans World Entertainment like a grape! But until then, we haven't won yet![/QUOTE]

You say that as if they specialize in games lol... It's still good if you want to trade in cheap games for rediculously high amounts to buy a TV or something.

[quote name='Americanpierg']LOL...i OWN two gamerushes in michigan (we dont even have the car tradein tax deduction here, cuz guess what, all tax laws are different :hot: ), i have an MBA in economics[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62267

I just thought this was funny coming from a guy who owned 2 gamerushes and has an MBA in econ.

EDIT: haha he changed all his posts in the topic, funny stuff! Way to go Americanpierg, you never fail to amuse me. You can change your posts, but you can't change people's quotes =P

Here is a funny story of what happened to me at FYE.

So since TRU is selling R-TYpe Final, Second Sight and Trivial Pursuit for $5 and FYE is giving $15 (13.75) for them, I figured that this would be a nice way to build up credit towards a XBOX360. I livein Michigan and travel between Ann Arbor and Birmingham quite a bit and there are about 8 FYE that I can trade in at. So I buy 5 copies of R-Type and TP and 2 copies of Second sight from TRU. Now I am not hoarding because my TRU has at least 30 copies of each. So I go to one FYE and trade in some games on Wednesday. Then on Thursday I stop by two other FYE and trade in some games there. Now I never turn in one than one copy per store of each game. So today I go to an FYE I have never been to and trade in R-Type and TP. Then I proceed to have this conversation.

Me: "Hi, I would like to trade in these games"
Clerk: "Alright, Can I ask you where you got these games?"
Me: "From TRU, why do you ask?"
Clerk: "Well today we got an email about you. And as soon as you walked in with the games I knew what games you would have."
Me: "What do you mean?"
Clerk: "I seems that you have been trading in alot of copies of the same games."
Me: "Is that a problem and is it illegal to do so?"
Clerk: "Its fine, but FYE does not look kindly on people who do this sort of trading. You might want to hold off on this for a little while."
Me: "Alright, I will do that.
Clerk" "Ok thanks, here is your credit."

So now I am a "devil customer" at FYE. It was pretty interesting that they sent an email about me trading in games. Well it looks like I am done with FYE until the 360 comes out. This past week earned me about $200 in credit, so I'm good.

[quote name='billyknoxville']
EDIT: haha he changed all his posts in the topic, funny stuff! Way to go Americanpierg, you never fail to amuse me. [/QUOTE]

Thats what im here for, anways to the poster above me, at least you got a nice clerk. Some of them can be very @$$hole-ish. Which TRU do you go to? Southfield?

[quote name='jkircos']Here is a funny story of what happened to me at FYE.

So since TRU is selling R-TYpe Final, Second Sight and Trivial Pursuit for $5 and FYE is giving $15 (13.75) for them, I figured that this would be a nice way to build up credit towards a XBOX360. I livein Michigan and travel between Ann Arbor and Birmingham quite a bit and there are about 8 FYE that I can trade in at. So I buy 5 copies of R-Type and TP and 2 copies of Second sight from TRU. Now I am not hoarding because my TRU has at least 30 copies of each. So I go to one FYE and trade in some games on Wednesday. Then on Thursday I stop by two other FYE and trade in some games there. Now I never turn in one than one copy per store of each game. So today I go to an FYE I have never been to and trade in R-Type and TP. Then I proceed to have this conversation.

Me: "Hi, I would like to trade in these games"
Clerk: "Alright, Can I ask you where you got these games?"
Me: "From TRU, why do you ask?"
Clerk: "Well today we got an email about you. And as soon as you walked in with the games I knew what games you would have."
Me: "What do you mean?"
Clerk: "I seems that you have been trading in alot of copies of the same games."
Me: "Is that a problem and is it illegal to do so?"
Clerk: "Its fine, but FYE does not look kindly on people who do this sort of trading. You might want to hold off on this for a little while."
Me: "Alright, I will do that.
Clerk" "Ok thanks, here is your credit."

So now I am a "devil customer" at FYE. It was pretty interesting that they sent an email about me trading in games. Well it looks like I am done with FYE until the 360 comes out. This past week earned me about $200 in credit, so I'm good.[/QUOTE]

If FYE spent as much time focused on running their business as they do tracking game trades . . .

Actually, if they got off their asses and updated the values on games every so often . . .

This is outrageous! Don't even get me started about FYE!

see my tale
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53820

[quote name='mtxbass1']We need to retitle this thread, "How Americanpierg got most of his 156 posts."[/QUOTE]

Or how more and more CAGs are turning into FAGs.

Nintendo DS $30 Mail in Rebate News.

I was able to view the rebate slip & it expires 8-31-05
You have to buy the DS system plus any 2(new or used) GBA or DS games $19.99 or higher.

Hopefully they drop the price of the DS to $130 to make this an even better deal.

[quote name='captaincold']Nintendo DS $30 Mail in Rebate News.

I was able to view the rebate slip & it expires 8-31-05
You have to buy the DS system plus any 2(new or used) GBA or DS games $19.99 or higher.

Hopefully they drop the price of the DS to $130 to make this an even better deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try tomorrow. I called today and asked them to scan the price, it says it's still $150 (also $150 still on their website). I hope that the price drops soon but may not until Sept. since FYE is slowing becoming on to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back