2005 FYE Trade-in Prices LIST HERE *Mods Please Lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Bloodrayne 2 just recently dropped down in price. Quite a big drop, as well.

Malice and Army Men RTS can both be found from EBgames.com occasionally, with Malice around $6 AC and Army Men around $10 AC. I've also found them in store at EB and Gamestop for relatively cheap... and if you have any Value City's around you, they seem to always have a load of Army Men RTS for $9 or $10 (new.. so you can "almost" guarantee FYE will take it, hahaha)

Does FYE allow you to trade in Ex-Rentals? Basically I have a few complete games to take in, but the cases have the whole in the bottom since they came from blockbuster...

[quote name='stoned99']No, they are very fussy. You will need to put them in regular cases.[/QUOTE]

It really depends on his local FYEs. My local FYEs can be fussy every once in a while, but usually aren't too bad.. and yeah, I've traded in a bunch of ex-rental games. ~shrugs~

ok, I've established that FYE sucks ass at getting DS games.

Are they pretty good about getting all the new PS2 games?

I've got $130 of store credit and the only games I want are Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, Shadow of the Colossus and Soul Calibur III.

They better get them in or my store credit is useless.... :cry:

They recently lowered the prices on even more games. RE Outbreak was $17.50 even after the other games like Bloodrayne 2 dropped in price but I just looked and it only gets $5. Same with Amped and Dave Mirra 2 both on XBox, went from $7.50 to $5.

FYE lowered prices on more games. RE Outbreak went from $17.50 to $5, Amped and Dave Mirra 2 (both XBox) went from $7.50 to $5. These were all lowered recently as I checked the games about 10 days ago planning to trade them in but not at those prices. I'm sure there are new lower values for even more games now besides the ones that were lowered a few weeks ago like Bloodrayne 2.

They still accept the PS2 version of THUG 1 on Wherehouse, down to $5 as well. One horrible drop I just noticed is NCAA Football 06 for PS2 and Xbox, only $6.25! That has got to be worse than EB or Gamestop's trade in price

I found a copy of V-Rally 3, and traded it in at a local FYE.. garnered $27.50! And this is one of the FYEs that only gives you credit, but pretty much gives the cash prices in credit (AKA 20% less than it should be).. I found that price a bit odd.. it would be over $30 otherwise at another store?

Hey..I know this probably isn't the best forum for this, but I was wondering if anyone wants to buy a copy of V-Rally 3, Get On Da Mic, and Dinotopia for me. The catch is, they don't have manuals. I ordered them from GameStop hoping to trade them to FYE, but they didn't come with the games.

If anyone has a way to get the manuals, i'd be willing to sell the games for 20 bucks shipped. Just give me a PM if you're interested

[quote name='joshthegreat69']Hey..I know this probably isn't the best forum for this, but I was wondering if anyone wants to buy a copy of V-Rally 3, Get On Da Mic, and Dinotopia for me. The catch is, they don't have manuals. I ordered them from GameStop hoping to trade them to FYE, but they didn't come with the games.

If anyone has a way to get the manuals, i'd be willing to sell the games for 20 bucks shipped. Just give me a PM if you're interested[/QUOTE]

Ok - that was confusing

Man I hate FYE, no Shadow of the Colossus.

Word of advice never EVER get store credit for FYE for games that aren't out yet, they probably won't even end up carrying them.

"check back with us NEXT WEDNESDAY, that's our next ship date" not only that but they act all rude when you call to ask like it's a burden for you to call them. There's two girls that work there that don't know s*** they might even have the game sitting there but they wouldn't know it, there's one guy that knows his s*** though but only seems to be there when I'm trading in not looking for games.

I'm just gonna buy Shadow elsewhere but I've got another $60 for Soul Calibur III, the morons have a display of it so I'm HOPING they get that next week and then I'm never going there again.

I saw something I thought was kind of funny today at FYE. I was looking through the used games and saw Sega Soccer Slam for Gamecube. I knew it was the copy I traded in because it was still sealed. I traded it in over a year ago and it's still there. They gave me $24 and it's selling for $12.99 (was $43.99) and no one wants it. Same with Primal, it's now $9.99 and they gave me $10 for it back in the winter (though I don't know if it's the same one I traded in or not). And Maximum Chase for XBox, traded it in for $18 the same time I traded in Soccer Slam and it's $14.99 used now.

Does anyone know if FYE JUST dropped some trade-in value prices? I noticed on wherehouse.com that it lists Malice, Army Men RTS, V-Rally 3, etc. at $20 now. Still insane, considering the games, but definitely lower than the 26 or 27 they used to be on there..

Wow, I just did a search on Wherehouse.com on they don't give more than $20 for any game anymore (at least the ones I checked). Army Men RTS (GC) and Sarge's Heroes (GC) are both down to a flat $20 now (from $27). Same with Dinotopia (XB), VRally 3 (PS2), Transworld Surf (GC), Malice (XB) and Lupin the Third (PS2). Don't get me wrong, these are still great trade-in prices for these games - just not as good as when they were $6 - $8 more.

Oh, and it appears all recent $50 releases only get $15 now.

[quote name='Josef']Wow, I just did a search on Wherehouse.com on they don't give more than $20 for any game anymore (at least the ones I checked). Army Men RTS (GC) and Sarge's Heroes (GC) are both down to a flat $20 now (from $27). Same with Dinotopia (XB), VRally 3 (PS2), Transworld Surf (GC), Malice (XB) and Lupin the Third (PS2). Don't get me wrong, these are still great trade-in prices for these games - just not as good as when they were $6 - $8 more.

Oh, and it appears all recent $50 releases only get $15 now.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I beat you by a minute. Funny because I was gonna post this last night but forgot.. ;)

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Wow, I beat you by a minute. Funny because I was gonna post this last night but forgot.. ;)[/QUOTE]

You should of - it would have saved me the time of typing it all up :)

Any news about the Xbox 360 from FYE stores yet? I am going to stop by this weekend, but I am wondering if anyone else has information about it. Such as if we have to buy a game with it, or an accessory, etc.

Wherehouse.com isn't even buying Get On Da Mic (sans microphone) anymore. You can still trade in your copy with the microphone for $5 though.

Oh well...the upside is that with the 33% off code I've been able to buy back a ton of games at much less than they gave me for them. =)

Welll I really lucked out and was able to unload a bunch of stuff on friday, seems like my wonderful relationship with eb.com and my local fye is coming to an end. All I can say, is that it was good while it lasted.

Given all the changes happening at wherehouse.com (highest prices being $20 trade-in, no longer returning games that aren't accepted, the latest deals- 33%, etc), I have a feeling that they hired a new manager/director for the trade in department who actually knows something about used games. If this is in fact the case, we might definately have seen the end of a great era with FYE/wherehouse. :cry:

I stopped by a mall I normally don't go to today when I was checking what they had at KBToys in this mall. They sell games at this FYE (as they don't sell games at the 2 FYEs in the mall 10 minutes away from my place) so I brought afew games with me to trade in at FYE. All trade-in prices are credit [cash]

New Legends (Xbox) - 3.75 [3.00]
Project Eden (PS2) - 6.25 [5.00]
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (GBA) - 5.00 [4.00]

CONFIRMED!!!!

Xbox 360 "only" $399 at FYE.

Had the clerk look it up in the computer today & it said $399. That's for the premium pack with hard drive, etc....

BTW, Army Men Sarges Hero's is $5 at Kay Bee Toys.
Trade in value is $20 :)

wow, those trade in values suck .... lol :) on another note, my wherehouse has just stopped selling games and is now converted to an fye, whereas the fye across town still sells games. wtf?

on the wherehouse site, i see that a lot of prices are lowering pretty quickly, esp. newer games as someone mentioned. they used to offer 20+ for newer games.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I stopped by a mall I normally don't go to today when I was checking what they had at KBToys in this mall. They sell games at this FYE (as they don't sell games at the 2 FYEs in the mall 10 minutes away from my place) so I brought afew games with me to trade in at FYE. All trade-in prices are credit [cash]

New Legends (Xbox) - 3.75 [3.00]
Project Eden (PS2) - 6.25 [5.00]
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (GBA) - 5.00 [4.00][/QUOTE]

[quote name='captaincold']CONFIRMED!!!!

Xbox 360 "only" $399 at FYE.

Had the clerk look it up in the computer today & it said $399. That's for the premium pack with hard drive, etc....

Trade in value is $20 :)[/QUOTE]

Thats good, at least I don't have to buy a bundle!

[quote name='Warner1281']Given all the changes happening at wherehouse.com (highest prices being $20 trade-in, no longer returning games that aren't accepted, the latest deals- 33%, etc), I have a feeling that they hired a new manager/director for the trade in department who actually knows something about used games. If this is in fact the case, we might definately have seen the end of a great era with FYE/wherehouse. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Only until the next round of consoles...then it'll start up again! :D

[quote name='captaincold']

Trade in value is $20 :)[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about that. I picked it up yesterday but the UPC is different than the one on Wherehouse. Does that mean they will reject it on the website and it won't scan in store?

[quote name='mentos888']wow, those trade in values suck .... lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah nothing like some of the games that get/used to get $20ish+ The Banjo game had a semi-crushed box & the other 2 I don't think I need to say anything about :D

I figured that if I took those games to EBgames I would have had enough credit for something like Madden 2002 but at FYE I got .hack//Mutation Part 2 with the 15 credit only needing to play tax after my "trades" as they want you to say at EBgames ;)

I am actaully heading back by this mall on Sunday I might try and round up afew games to trade in to pick up Toe Jam & Earl III which I saw used for 14.99

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I was wondering about that. I picked it up yesterday but the UPC is different than the one on Wherehouse. Does that mean they will reject it on the website and it won't scan in store?[/QUOTE]

Since the mall i went to had both Kay Bee & Fye in it i traded the Sarges Heroes game in the same day i bought it. It scanned with not problems for me.
Even if it didn't scan it's only a $5 game :).

BTW, Get on the Mic is $7.50 (after green-tag discount) at TRU.
I drove right over to FYE today & got $16 for it but i just checked Wherehouse.com & it says they're "currently not purchasing".

Thank god I finally got rid of my store credit.

They didn't get Soul Calibur III, they didn't get Shadow of the Colossus.

I had to settle for GTA Liberty City Stories on PSP, yes they got that over those other games.

Luckily I've enjoyed it, the graphics are as good as the PS2 versions, it's the full city etc with as many missions as the console versions. It's a full blown new GTA.

I'm so happy that I never have to go to FYE again!

[quote name='captaincold']Since the mall i went to had both Kay Bee & Fye in it i traded the Sarges Heroes game in the same day i bought it. It scanned with not problems for me.
Even if it didn't scan it's only a $5 game :).
[/QUOTE]

Ok, cool, thanks for the info. I guess I'll leave it sealed and try to trade it in. If for some reason they won't take it I'll just EBay it.

One thing of note: The FYEs I've tried haven't brought down the values of the upper twenty group: Malice, Army Men, etc. I just traded in an Army Men for like $21 or $22 in cash ($26 or $27 in credit) yesterday..

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Thank god I finally got rid of my store credit.

They didn't get Soul Calibur III, they didn't get Shadow of the Colossus.

I had to settle for GTA Liberty City Stories on PSP, yes they got that over those other games.

Luckily I've enjoyed it, the graphics are as good as the PS2 versions, it's the full city etc with as many missions as the console versions. It's a full blown new GTA.

I'm so happy that I never have to go to FYE again![/QUOTE]

I find the motion blur of the characters, really disturbing!!

i'm a first time poster and i'm wondering how much a working slim ps2 at various stores is worth, i looked at about 15 pages of this topic and i just dont have the patience to look thru all of them

FYE doesn't take used systems. Try asking the same questions in the deal discussion/bragging rights board where people who might have traded in their PS2 to other stores can give you an answer since I don't know if anyone in this thread will know.

I thought $5.00 for most games on Wherehouse was bad. The values for games they aren't buying are even worse. In store:
R Racing Evolution PS2 - $2
Legacy of Kain Defiance PS2- $3
Army Men Sarge's War GCN - $2.50! (kept that one)

[quote name='xxxafibenderxxx']i'm a first time poster and i'm wondering how much a working slim ps2 at various stores is worth, i looked at about 15 pages of this topic and i just dont have the patience to look thru all of them[/QUOTE]

They don't even take systems from what I know..just games.

[quote name='Xenious']Are there currently any good credit builders that anyone is able to exploit?[/QUOTE]

Malice, Dinotopia, and V-rally (all xbox) should still net around $20 in store. All three are under $10 used before discounts at EB. Good luck finding any though.

In case anyone is in desperate need of a dollar, the jampack 13 from Best Buy (free after coupon) gets 1.25 from FYE/Wherehouse. Not really worth it by itself, but if you're taking in other games, might want to throw this in too.

Just got confirmation from wherehouse on another order i sent in. Traded in FreeStyle Soccer (3rd and last copy of xbox version that stills trades in) Karate Kid, and Tremors. I plan buying the sets of Karate Kid and Tremors, so didnt hurt to get $10 for those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back