2005 FYE Trade-in Prices LIST HERE *Mods Please Lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='joshthegreat69']Does anyone know if wherehouse is gonna start carrying Xbox 360 games? I'm pretty much wasting credit there if they aren't..[/QUOTE]

Well the are supposed to be getting Xbox 360 on launch day, so they will have some games. They should have it that day...or else I am going to be pissed...

When the DS launched last year, some fye stores didn't have any games, just systems. I don't think that should be the case with the 360 but just a heads up in case.

Oh..yeah..I forgot to mention that I meant WHEREHOUSE.COM not the actual wherehouse stores. I've been looking on the wherehouse website and there's no evidence of Xbox 360 anywhere. Honestly, I don't know they can afford to sell video games when they give away these ridiculous prices for used games. They probably have stockpiles of these things.

Never sent anything into the website I walk ino the store and get cash. Took Army Men RTS, Dinotopia, and Malice in today for $16 each. They offer 25% more credit, but the one by me has the worse game selection. If they would have had more then 4 DS games on the shelf I would have gone for credit probably...

Hastings is way better IMO.

I went to this video store and the morons were selling all these Gamecube games for $5 a piece the other day (they sell all PS2 and Xbox games for $10 too) I picked up 4 copies of Mario Party 6, hit up all 3 hastings in my town and then one of the same ones again the next night. Each copy landed me $22. So $88 when I initially spent $20 + tax. Swear to it.

The store is called Video Express, I'm not sure how big of a chain they are nationally or if they even are a chain at all. But they've made me some good change. I usually can't Ebay them because they put a stupid sticker on the games, but they have a disc cleaner and they're almost mint.

I could go into how I find Valkryie Profile, Suikoden II, Lunar 1 & 2 and others for $2 each there and made about $300 a few weeks ago but I'm sure I'll get called a liar. But just feast your eyes on this.

Valkyrie Profile
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8231275158

Suikoden II
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8232198503

Lunar Silver Star
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8231283810

Lunar 2 Eternal Blue
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8232554334

I tried trading in Get on Da Mic at FYE... they only giving me $2.50 credit for it... so I passed...

Does FYE share a central system? Would it be a different price if I goto another FYE?

[quote name='yuy104']I tried trading in Get on Da Mic at FYE... they only giving me $2.50 credit for it... so I passed...

Does FYE share a central system? Would it be a different price if I goto another FYE?[/QUOTE]

Same here, actually.

Most of the prices are usually the same (sometimes they can differ) but I don't think you'll get the $16 or $18 it was trading for since trade in prices dropped on everything.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']When the DS launched last year, some fye stores didn't have any games, just systems. I don't think that should be the case with the 360 but just a heads up in case.[/QUOTE]

My FYE only has two XB360 games to sell. Quake 4 (which I returned) and Perfect Dark Zero: Limited Collector's Edition... what a great selection, lol.

Hopefully they'll get a new supply of games soon... not like it matters though since FYE credit no longer yields a 100%+ return like it used to (at least it's not as easy to find games that provide that much credit)... Blockbuster is my new FYE :)

[quote name='purevim']My FYE only has two XB360 games to sell. Quake 4 (which I returned) and Perfect Dark Zero: Limited Collector's Edition... what a great selection, lol.
[/QUOTE]

The worse part is my local FYE has a Xbox360 kiosk in store.
Makes absolutely no sense!!!

Hi guys can I get some help with how much I would be able to get for these games? I dont wanna go all the way to FYE(which is pretty far) and not be happy with the trade in values

All Xbox games:

Splinter Cell 1
Blood Rayne 2
Rainbox Six 3
Prince Of Persia
Amped
THUG
PSO Episode 1&2
Deus Ex:Invisible War
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow
Ghost Recon Island Thunder
Mechassault
Midtown Madness 3
Goldeneye
Driv3r
Crimson Skies
PGR
Project Snowblind
Morrowind GOTY edition

Thanks!

[quote name='LivingLegend07']Hi guys can I get some help with how much I would be able to get for these games? I dont wanna go all the way to FYE(which is pretty far) and not be happy with the trade in values

All Xbox games:

Splinter Cell 1
Blood Rayne 2
Rainbox Six 3
Prince Of Persia
Amped
THUG
PSO Episode 1&2
Deus Ex:Invisible War
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow
Ghost Recon Island Thunder
Mechassault
Midtown Madness 3
Goldeneye
Driv3r
Crimson Skies
PGR
Project Snowblind
Morrowind GOTY edition

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Let me take out my trusty FYE trade in value calculator :: punches in the games::

Ok - You'll get about $267 bucks for them all, pretty good deal. Better get there fast though, because the trade-in values will expire on Wednesday.

ok - i feel bad now , just go to wherehouse.com and see how much everything is worth. Their trade in prices are the same as FYE's(same company)

[quote name='LivingLegend07']aw man =/ So when it says they are not currently buying the game it means FYE wont either?[/QUOTE]

That's not always the case. I traded in R Racing Evolution (PS2) and Legacy of Kain Definance (PS2) a few weeks ago both of which aren't accepted on Wherehouse.com. Same with Driven for PS2 a few months ago.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']ok - i feel bad now , just go to wherehouse.com and see how much everything is worth. Their trade in prices are the same as FYE's(same company)[/QUOTE]

This was freakin' hilarious!!! I'm not sure that I've ever seen such an exchange on CAG.

[quote name='godzilla123']Dinotopia(xbox) still netting good value at FYE? My Best buy has 2 of them sitting on the shelf forr $9.99.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post this.
Bought 2 of these at my Local BB today.
As of tonight it's worth $20 credit.

I don't think you need the coupon as I bought the game earlier in the week and the $5 came off automatically (when the sale was totalled). A 300% return is great conisdering how cruddy FYE's trade in prices have become

Has anyone traded in Transworld Surf (GC) at FYE lately? How much does it net? And yes, I'm aware that Wherehouse says $20, but I want to know about FYE. Thanks

Don't know if anyone cares or not, but I picked up Silent Line: Armored Core, brand new and sealed for PS2, today at FYE for $9.99, which is a recent price drop. It's super hard to find, especially sealed, so if you're interested you might want to check it out.

[quote name='clariste']If they'd honor that, whoa...[/QUOTE]

the only chance of getting it honored is if u sent it in to the website, no way that price comes up in store (a la Timesplitters).

so basically its $55 at amazon --> 215 at wherehouse. I wonder if they have the right to refuse a transaction - i dont see anything on the website that says they can after the 'order' is placed

I dont think they can refuse it. It states on their website you will get the credit as long as they receive your transaction within 30 days of placing it. Im going to try it out, thats a major money maker

[quote name='captaincold']My FYE & Wherehouse are now giving out Gift Cards instead of the usual "reciept credit slips".[/QUOTE]

That happened to me as well but I didn't trade in anything. I had a $40 credit slip (the old kind before they switched to new registers), and the manager put the rest of my credit on a gift card (bought some CDR's).

Also interesting was I saw they had a sign up about trade in rules now. It said they only take trade ins from 12 - 5 on Mondays - Thursdays (no trade ins on Friday, Saturday or Sunday) and they can refuse to do a trade in if the store is too crowded. I'm not sure if that was just the individual store or a company policy but I am guessing it is just that the store decided to make up those rules.

I don't understand why they are making a big deal about it. To do a trade in with say 5 games takes 3 - 5 minutes at the most.

Saturday Matinee (I think owned by FYE) at my local mall gave me that same line of BS last year. I told them I had to be at work in 30 minutes (I worked in the mall at Sears), and they ended up taking them anyways.

they gave me a good bit of credit for games I paid $5/each for originally, but with their overly-inflated prices, I barely came out ahead when I spent the credit.

Yeah alot of stuff in FYE and their affiliate stores are really overpriced. I tend to only buy stuff that is either on sale or is reasonable to what other stores charge like GTA SA when it was $49.99 everywhere, and FYE had it $54.99 "on sale" for $49.99.

[quote name='captaincold']Confirmed.
There's a coupon for $5 off any DBZ game in the new TRU ad which is availible in-store.

I got $15 at both FYE & Wherehouse music.[/QUOTE]

300% return on investment... best trade-in deal at FYE in a long time. The TRU's around my area must have had about 60+ copies combined of DBZ Sagas. I bought a total of 8 over a 3 day span. There's still a ton of copies available, but the $5 is long gone. Now I wish I had bought more.

[quote name='Ristamar']300% return on investment... best trade-in deal at FYE in a long time. [/QUOTE]

The best return i had within past few months was the Freestyle Soccer games. $1.50 at blockbuster -> 17.50 wherehouse. 1000+% return :lol:

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']The best return i had within past few months was the Freestyle Soccer games. $1.50 at blockbuster -> 17.50 wherehouse. 1000+% return :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those were great. I didn't get mine quite that cheap (I paid $30 for 9 copies over the span of a month or two), but that definitely rocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back