2009 Pawn shop thread

[quote name='Mizzou75']i did get the complete godfather dvd collection from the last place i went to for $7, so i was pretty happy with that. the discs are flawless and the box is in nice shape too.[/QUOTE]

i would certainly call that a WIN

[quote name='chimpster1313']i would certainly call that a WIN[/QUOTE]

the guy said he just put it out about an hour or two ago too, so i guess that was good timing by me

Picked up Legends of Wrestlemania and Riddick Dark Athena both for ps3 for $20 each from a pawn shop earlier in the week. Not the greatest of deals but I was looking for a good price on Dark Athena and I couldn't pass it up for $20.

EPIC WIN TODAY!

God Of War (PSP)-$8
360 Wireless Adapter-$9.99
Goldstar 3DO w/ all hookups & 1 game-$35 (no tax)

win

Passed on 2 things I will go back for next week:
360 Black wireless controller w/ PnC kit-$20
Personal Trainer Cooking-$10

One pawn shop in my town and its terrible.

They have a six foot display case stuffed with PS2s and they want $90 each?!? All come with one controller no game. Needless to say they have been sitting there virtually untouched since November, get a clue and discount those already. Many of them are phats with network adapters on them so i am waiting patiently as they don't seem to understand what those are. Same price for slim or paht. I can also almost guarantee that 50% or more are not working.

Games are priced haphazardly based on what the guy thinks they are worth but most are just trashed. Been meaning to go in with a list and take a good look.

Nothing Retro but a box of N64 sports games $10 each.

Got guitar hero world tour for 360 for 8 and FF 12 CE for 5 their was a killzone 2 for 25 but I already have. Idk who those their pricing but shitty old games marked at like 40. Also picked up DBZ season 1,3,5,7,8 and GT 1&2 for 11 each. Couldn't pass on those

Nice find on the DBZ seasons. GT, though...I kinda feel sorry for you on those :p

I stopped into a new pawn shop on my way to work today. Picked up Super Mario World for a buck, passed on Madden 03 for $35. I guess more recent equals more valuable to this place. I'll be stopping in there more.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Do you mean Skies?[/QUOTE]

yes, idk why I put tales, I must have been thinking of Tales of Vesperia or something lol

haha no worries, it just confused me. i'd say $5 for a great game that you could flip for $25 or so as well is worth it.

picked up saints row 2 today for 12.00, i finally found a decent pawn shop. i just moved to new area and has taken me 8 months to find one

All-N-One Pawn, they are in Kanawha City and a combination gun/electronics shop. They pretest everything they sell(I personally saw them do this)and I got my Nintendo 64 there for $20.00. 2007, still going full tilt.

To get there, go to the KRT bus terminal; it is across the street from the Charleston Town Center Mall. Catch the Kanawha and ride it across the bridge.You'll come to a stop light at an intersection; you can see All-N-One from there. Dismount the bus, and cross at the crosswalk; you then cross another street and you're there.

They are open daily everyday save Sunday.

Another way to get to All-N-One Pawn, drive from Montgomery; you go past the Long John Silver's and the Kanawha Mall, it will take you right into there.

Checked out another new pawn shop today. Pretty small selection of games, and all of them were close to retail. I ended up getting Devil May Cry 3 for 8 dollars. He wouldn't go for 5, and it wasn't even 8 out the door. He charged tax. I really should have left it. I won't be going there again.

All the pawn shops in my area are owned by the same guy, except for a couple. They have pretty bad prices on most of their stuff, especially older games (saw a SMW cart only for 29,99$ today). They seem to base most of their prices off eBay. Anyways, one of their stores had a huge 2$ bin with a lot of PS2/Xbox games (mostly sports games), mixed in with crappy movies and CDs. Still, at 2$ a piece I picked up the following:

Champions of Norrath (PS2)
Dirge of Cerberus: FF7 (PS2, no manual)
Sonic Mega Collection + (PS2)
Capcom Classics Collection (PS2)

Not great value or anything, but good additions to my collection.

well, my year of awsome Pawn hauls is over, the best one locally that called me every time they got games in was shut down by the ATF last week for selling firearms to felons and not keeping any paperwork.

[quote name='AssCheap']One pawn shop in my town and its terrible.

They have a six foot display case stuffed with PS2s and they want $90 each?!? All come with one controller no game. Needless to say they have been sitting there virtually untouched since November, get a clue and discount those already. Many of them are phats with network adapters on them so i am waiting patiently as they don't seem to understand what those are. Same price for slim or paht. I can also almost guarantee that 50% or more are not working.

Games are priced haphazardly based on what the guy thinks they are worth but most are just trashed. Been meaning to go in with a list and take a good look.

Nothing Retro but a box of N64 sports games $10 each.[/QUOTE]

if it is a mom and pop pawn they may let you buy the network adaptors, I talked the owner of the local pawn into selling me the all the adapters on the PS2s he has, I go several of $5 after telling him that he can get the same for the PS2's weather he has the adaptors on them or not.

I got FF8, FF9, Vanguard Bandits, and Vandal Hearts 2. All complete. All disks were pretty much mint except for VH2.

$30 for all of them.

I also got Ogre Battle for $8 there.

I have not had the best of luck with finding old games lately so this was a great find. Garage sales and shops in my area generally suck. The guy in the local pawn shop has had stuff sitting on the shelves for YEARS and refuses to change his insane pricing structure.

I am glad when I can grab something rare that he has in stock.

Went out to a local one didn't see much
Picked up clock tower 3 for ps2
For $3 out the door
Wanna flip on ebay but the sell prices on the game are so random:cry:

Haven't been to a pawn shop in awhile, but I actually found some interesting things today.

Super Mario Land 2 - 6 Golden Coins (GB, with case) - $2.95
Final Fantasy Anthology GH (PS1, factory sealed) - $4.95
Final Fantasy Chronicles GH (PS1, factory sealed) - $4.95
Pokemon Emerald - $4.95

bread's done
Back