2010-2011 NBA Season Thread

So Cuban's $90,000 bottle of champagne was 15 liters (equivalent to 20 regular sized), had to research that as most places just say a bottle without specifying the size.

[quote name='wwe101']No, they had the best big man rotation in the east, only one that was arguably better was LA big man rotation, they had a PG who was putting up 16 a game, shaq who was putting up 12pts a game while clogging the middle on defense, then they had jamison who was putting up 17 ppg. their bench was also great, JJ hickson, Zydrunas Ilguskas, Varejao, West, Gibson. no one can argue that that team was not on par if not better than dirks team in the finals. the only other big time scorrer on the Mavs is terry.

Dirk was playing with:
kidd: spot up shooter at this point in his career
stevenson: spot up shooter
Marion: defense/slasher from time to time
chandler: defense/ garbage points

Terry: offense off the bench for when dirk is resting
jj barea: playmaker/scorer

I don't see how anyone can honestly argue that that team is so much better than the team lebron had in cleveland

Edit: they also had a sign and trade in place with toronto for bosh if james had been willing to re-sign, but lebron and bosh both knew they were going to miami already........[/QUOTE]

I feel like we have this conversation constantly.

The Cavs spares were garbage/past their prime (minus Boozer and Hickson) through Lebron's time there. I will give you Williams as average and Jamison is good. The rest though is piss poor. Again a reminder; West is 3rd on his current teams depth chart, Shaq retired, Z got shoved out the rotation by Joel Anthony, and Williams who shot 39.9% on the season.

As for the Mavs cast, you are now just being laughable. I understand being a fan of a team but please take off your blinders and stop making outrageous claims. Again, look at your team minus Lebron. You take Dirk off the Mavs and they still make the playoffs in the tough Western Conference.

Oh and PS... Orlando had the best Big Man rotation those years in the East with Howard and Gortat.

[quote name='docvinh']Because no one plays defense.:)[/QUOTE]

Wait... what's defense? OK, while that may be true, that's what you need to surround Carmelo and Amare with - defenders and rebounders. It can definitely be done. I don't think you can just dimiss the Knicks entirely. They will be one of the top 4 teams in the east for a number of years barring injuries. The problem is that the Heat are going to be great. Damn, I can't believe the Knicks suck at defense. I used to love the 84-80 games from the 90s when Oakley and Mason used to just maul everyone.

[quote name='integralsmatic']
They really just need to add some size at Center. I almost want to say go and risk to get Kendrick Perkins.
[/QUOTE]

No fucking way they get Perk, for two reasons actually.

1) He's signed long time with OKC, and they want him.
2) He, straight up, doesn't like those guys and the Lakers... with a passion.

I honestly don't think they need anybody, they just need to work better together. They'll have plenty of time to do so as well.

Miami should make a move for Greg Oden. It'd be perfect, he won't need to develop an offensive game outside of offensive rebounds and dunks, and it's a high risk, high reward acquisition. If he never gets healthy, they essentially have the same team they have now + time/chemistry.

[quote name='Javery']Wait... what's defense? OK, while that may be true, that's what you need to surround Carmelo and Amare with - defenders and rebounders. It can definitely be done. I don't think you can just dimiss the Knicks entirely. They will be one of the top 4 teams in the east for a number of years barring injuries. The problem is that the Heat are going to be great. Damn, I can't believe the Knicks suck at defense. I used to love the 84-80 games from the 90s when Oakley and Mason used to just maul everyone.[/QUOTE]

No way it can. This is NY we are talking about. The same team that use to have a roster full of SGs. This is the same coach that never got Phoenix over the hump due to not emphasizing defense... well even mentioning it.

East will look like this for the next 5 years (barring any major injury/trade).
1) Miami - Big 3
2) Chicago - young core
3) Atlanta - tight unit with great "role" players
4) Orlando - Howard will resign. The rest of the contracts are pretty set so team can't get any worse.
5) Boston - Orig Big 3 still look healthy. Rondo is top notch.
..... the rest of the East is mediocre.

[quote name='Javery']Wait... what's defense? OK, while that may be true, that's what you need to surround Carmelo and Amare with - defenders and rebounders. It can definitely be done. I don't think you can just dimiss the Knicks entirely. They will be one of the top 4 teams in the east for a number of years barring injuries. The problem is that the Heat are going to be great. Damn, I can't believe the Knicks suck at defense. I used to love the 84-80 games from the 90s when Oakley and Mason used to just maul everyone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's like they're complete opposites now. I mean, they don't have to be stellar on defense, but they have to at least try.

[quote name='lordopus99']I feel like we have this conversation constantly.

The Cavs spares were garbage/past their prime (minus Boozer and Hickson) through Lebron's time there. I will give you Williams as average and Jamison is good. The rest though is piss poor. Again a reminder; West is 3rd on his current teams depth chart, Shaq retired, Z got shoved out the rotation by Joel Anthony, and Williams who shot 39.9% on the season.

As for the Mavs cast, you are now just being laughable. I understand being a fan of a team but please take off your blinders and stop making outrageous claims. Again, look at your team minus Lebron. You take Dirk off the Mavs and they still make the playoffs in the tough Western Conference.

Oh and PS... Orlando had the best Big Man rotation those years in the East with Howard and Gortat.[/QUOTE]

well that is your personal opinion and I have to disagree with it.

I dont know man. If the Bulls add one more player to compliment Rose, they will be there and If Howard resigns and the Magic start making a serious push for the right free agents than they will be ahead of the knicks. Also who knows what the knicks will do this season. With walsh out of the picture, what direction is the team going in?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6717753

Owners are crying poor and then offering people like Greg Oden close to 9 million dollars. Their logic hurts my brain.[/QUOTE]

SHHHH.

But really, the league needs to contract. Does the league need 30 teams? Probably not. And the fact that the NBA already owns a team should be proof enough that 2-4 teams probably need to get the axe.

I'm not wishing for any city to lose their team, I know that as a Blazer fan, being a small market sucks and sometimes you gotta do more with less, which is not what some other teams are able to do unfortunately. It also doesn't hurt having one of the richest people in the world own your team.

bread's done
Back