2010-2011 NHL Regular Season Thread

Well now it's time to sit back and see how this all plays out. I like Niemi but I'm not sure if he's a top goalie yet or not, I have doubts about that. Turco is old and declining but he will have a top-5 team ahead of him again next year so we will see.

the turco neimi thing is odd. i mean, its not a huge salary that was awarded (strapped as the hawks are) but to sign a goalie who could retire after this season and passing up a young goalie that could back your franchise for years to come over a million bucks... just seems stupid.

[quote name='prometheus_5']Anybody here subscribe to center ice? Just looking for any advice or opinions on the service.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for reminding me to cancel my free subscription from last year. I don't want to have to pay $170 for it this year.:D I don't watch enough of it to pay for it.

Tons of young guys to watch this year:

Filatov
Kadri
Subban
Hall
Seguin
Gustavsson

Just to name a few. Bring on the new Young Guns rookie cards!!!! Check out your favorite team's prospects here:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='prometheus_5']Anybody here subscribe to center ice? Just looking for any advice or opinions on the service.[/QUOTE]

It kicks ass on DirecTV, you almost always get a choice between the home and away broadcasts, and it's almost always in HD unless it's a Canadian feed (CBC/TSN/RDS/team channel/PPV/etc.), for some reason those never get carried unless it's Versus or the NHL Network simulcasting it.

I could have paid only $128 as an early subscriber, but I usually only watch 1-2 games per week, so it's not really worth it for me. If you watch several games per week, then it's definitely worth it.

Any of you guys know any decent NHL blogs? I read Puck Daddy on Yahoo and Broad Street Hockey, but would like 1 or 2 more to check out when I am bored.

the niemi deal doesnt make sense. we need a blue liner, not another goalie. i have to think theres another deal being worked involving one of our prospect goalies, most likely greiss.

and sadly the Wild won't go anywhere again this year. THough all this attention given to the Canucks by Puck Daddy and the like seems kind of strange.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']the niemi deal doesnt make sense. we need a blue liner, not another goalie. i have to think theres another deal being worked involving one of our prospect goalies, most likely greiss.[/QUOTE]

The next move will be trying to get rid of Nitimaki and then get a D man, preferably a decent one...

The Bruins are holding two "rookie games" against the Islanders, tonight and tomorrow. Tickets are only $5, and I'm heading out there now. They're streaming both of them live at http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter if you're interested in seeing prospects like Seguin, Niederreiter, Colborne, Kabanov, etc. Real high end prospects on both teams, the stream is in the "Press Room" channel in a drop down menu above the video.

NHL.com has some of the wackiest goal celebrations on their site now. Some of them are pretty great.

Bring on the new season! I'm so excited to see how well this year's rookies do. And to get some of their cards.

Also, an interesting story about the top 10 backups who could supplant the starters this season:

http://bleacherreport.com/nhl

I have Ott vs Leafs! I HEART NHL NETWORK!!!!!!!!!

lol, man the leafs suck ass still. They've had like 10 straight PPs and haven't got shit from them.

Tomas Holmstrom had a phantom in the crease call get a goal called off and that can only mean one thing. The zebras are ready for the regular season to start! :D

[quote name='shieryda']Boo! Svatos signs 1-year deal with KHL.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Crap I was hoping the Pens would find a way to sign him on the cheap. I guess they thought Comrie would be enough of a upgrade for the offense from last year.

Bummed that Peter Mueller will be out "indefinitely" with his 3rd concussion of his young career. He was exciting to watch during his scoring streak with Colorado after Phoenix traded him.

This is what I'm doing this weekend:

FF13-web.jpg

Sis can't go to the game so I'm going with my dad. They both have season tickets again. I'm the stand in person. xD

Sadly... I'm looking forward to the damn cold ice than the actual game.

Would anybody be interested in joining my fantasy hockey league? We need 3 more before the draft on Saturday night.

It's a redraft league (not a keeper or dynasty league). $15 per person and the champion gets an NHL Jersey of their choice.

If you're interested, I can provide more details of the league.

If yesterday's game for the Hawks is any indication, it's gonna be a fun season making fun of Jerko as he takes down the Hawks with him. lol

first sharks game in 90 minutes. im rockin my jersey at work today. im pretty excited, dont have anything to worry about until May.

bread's done
Back