2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

[quote name='Javery']Bradshaw, Ridley or Forte? Can start 2.[/QUOTE]

I think it's risky to start Ridley given all his fumble troubles last week. I'd go with Bradshaw (if healthy) and Forte.

I need to start 2 WRs from:
R. White vs. DET
P. Garcon vs. PHL
B. Lloyd vs. JAX
D. Alexander vs. NYJ

I just don't know if White's going to be healthy enough on a short week...

[quote name='Stevesbored']I think it's risky to start Ridley given all his fumble troubles last week. I'd go with Bradshaw (if healthy) and Forte.

I need to start 2 WRs from:
R. White vs. DET
P. Garcon vs. PHL
B. Lloyd vs. JAX
D. Alexander vs. NYJ

I just don't know if White's going to be healthy enough on a short week...[/QUOTE]

With those options, Garcon and Lloyd. White, Garcon, and Lloyd are all automatic starts this week, so it's easy to just rule White out and start the two healthier WRs. Garcon gets RGIII back, and Brady has been loving Lloyd over the past couple of weeks.

That said, there's always a chance for Lloyd to randomly regress, so if you aren't sold on starting Lloyd, start White. He can't do worse than 2/16 (I hope not, I'm starting him).

[quote name='Miami_13']LeSean McCoy or DeAngelo Williams?

Looking for most touches and yardage.[/QUOTE]

I feel like there's no right answer here, but I'll go with Williams, assuming Stewart is inactive. If Stewart is active, go with McCoy. McCoy has had a pretty disappointing season, but I have 0 confidence in Williams. If Williams isn't guaranteed all of the touches, I have 0 expectations from him, and if he outscores McCoy with a similar amount of touches, I'd chalk it up to luck.

Ugggghhhhhh looks like this is Roddy White's turn and not Julio Jones. I'm also up against Calvin Johnson and the Lions just want him to get that record. Ugggghhhhhh...

[quote name='Stevesbored']I think it's risky to start Ridley given all his fumble troubles last week. I'd go with Bradshaw (if healthy) and Forte...[/QUOTE]

This is my thinking exactly... the only snag is that Ridley goes at 1 and Bradshaw is at 4:25 so if I sit Ridley and then Bradshaw is a late scratch I'm screwed.

I hope you started White.

[quote name='Javery']This is my thinking exactly... the only snag is that Ridley goes at 1 and Bradshaw is at 4:25 so if I sit Ridley and then Bradshaw is a late scratch I'm screwed.

I hope you started White.[/QUOTE]

Based on current news, Bradshaw should be good to go. The only problem I'd have is if Wilson gets off to a good start and Bradshaw feels that he isn't 100%, Wilson could dominate him in touches. However, it isn't like Ridley is guaranteed to have a great game (I wouldn't count the fumble last week against his playing time this week though), so in the case of Bradshaw vs Ridley, they are about even to me.

I see a bounceback game by the Giants and another solid game by the Patriots, so start whichever RB you like more (I like Bradshaw better at this point in time).

I hope White was started as well. I feel that you couldn't really sit any of the three WR mentioned though, so even if you didn't start White, you should be able to count on some quality production from the other two.

---

To make me second guess (or feel confident in) my decision, Start 2: Doug Martin (vs StL), Trent Richardson (@ Den), Knowshon Moreno (vs Cle), Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis (@Pit)?

Right now I'm starting Martin and Moreno. Richardson has been great for me, but Moreno has picked up right where McGahee left off and is still going strong. Matchup-wise, I like Denver @ home more than Cleveland @ Denver. I feel that Martin (who is also at home) will have a bounceback game after getting shut out last week. BJGE isn't really being considered, but is included for completeness. I'm fairly confident in Martin and Moreno being better picks, but it feels wrong to bench Richardson when he hasn't had a bad game recently (although the majority of his value comes from TDs).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pitfallharry219']So glad I'm not playing against Roddy White in either of my championship games.[/QUOTE]

I have him in another league, wish I coulda had him against you tonight! Here's hoping our championship matchup is a good one.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I have him in another league, wish I coulda had him against you tonight! Here's hoping our championship matchup is a good one.[/QUOTE]

Hanson got me 10 points tonight, so not too bad of a start. Hopefully Newton will tear up Oakland and Doug Martin will put a bunch on the Rams.

It's kinda funny how 8-5 and 7-6 teams are playing for the title.

Looks like I'm rolling the dice with Hilton over Wayne this week. Was leaning that way already, but I need the guy with the higher ceiling. Already down 16 (Julio Jones vs Calvin Johnson), but that was half expected. Need my WR to put up decent points, my RBs to match Peterson (not worried at all about Law Firm), and Brees / Hernandez to out perform P Manning / Bennett and then some to make up for his WR. Might not need the performance like the first time we played when we had the two highest scores in the league, but I need a good weak from all my players to stand a chance. Too bad I didn't play him last week. Would ease my worries since I'd have beaten him by 30.

[quote name='G33']
To make me second guess (or feel confident in) my decision, Start 2: Doug Martin (vs StL), Trent Richardson (@ Den), Knowshon Moreno (vs Cle), Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis (@Pit)?

Right now I'm starting Martin and Moreno. Richardson has been great for me, but Moreno has picked up right where McGahee left off and is still going strong. Matchup-wise, I like Denver @ home more than Cleveland @ Denver. I feel that Martin (who is also at home) will have a bounceback game after getting shut out last week. BJGE isn't really being considered, but is included for completeness. I'm fairly confident in Martin and Moreno being better picks, but it feels wrong to bench Richardson when he hasn't had a bad game recently (although the majority of his value comes from TDs).[/QUOTE]

I'd say I agree with your choice of Martin / Moreno. Law Firm I expect very little from and actually stashed a couple free agent RBs this week so my opponent couldn't start somebody in Law Firm's place. As for Richardson, I agree it feels wrong to bench him, but I'm benching him as well (in favor of Spiller / Morris). Richardson could score 15 points, but Denver's Rush D is nothing to sneeze at. Other thing that scares me is that his rushing yardage has gone down in each of the past four games and the only thing to salvage his last two starts was managing to get two touchdowns in each game.

I'll be hoping Law Firm goes out and puts up some good numbers. My other option to go with Sproles is David Wilson but Bradshaw's iffyness and the 4:00 start are enough factors for me to leave Wilson on the bench.

[quote name='G33']I feel like there's no right answer here, but I'll go with Williams, assuming Stewart is inactive.[/QUOTE]

Stewart is inactive, so I guess Williams is a good start. I wouldn't be surprised if Tolbert vultures carries/TDs again this week though. I hate this backfield.

edit: I just realized that special teams TDs count against defenses in one of my leagues. Made me doubly sad that I started NYJ D over my sleeper play of Indy D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Up by 40 in the title game with Moreno to go this afternoon. My opponent has everyone going in the early games but got absolutely nothing from Tony Gonzalez or Arian Foster (so far).

That fantasy cash is mine!

Hilton and Hernandez was a bust, but thank you fantasy gods. I had Dez Bryant, who not only off set Calvin Johnson, but Adrian Peterson as well. I figured I needed my running backs to score 40 to offset Peterson and Law firm (figured 30 and 10 for them). Amazing how Spiller can get 20+ points with no touchdown whatsoever.

Up 80, but he has Peyton, Marshall, Bennett, and Chicago's D to go while I only have Tynes and Denver. I'd say the game is all but wrapped up, but Chicago have their days and Peyton and Marshall have put up 30 in the past (PPR & 6 points for passing TDs).

I lose by 3 points last week with 87 points, and this week I score 153 points (and counting) in the 3rd place game which is more than the already final 1st place game.

Figures. Oh well, at least I get 150 out of it.

[quote name='GamerDude316']me and Pitfall's finals matchup comes down to tonight's game, he has Frank Gore, I have Golden Tate. I'm up by 5.[/QUOTE]

I thought I was looking pretty dead until the Cardinals blocked that kick and returned it for a TD to take some points away from your Bears D.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I thought I was looking pretty dead until the Cardinals blocked that kick and returned it for a TD to take some points away from your Bears D.[/QUOTE]

yeah that play was definitely a turning point. I still like your chances more than mine, but last week I thought I was dead in the water up 5 with my opponent having Ridley and he came up with nothing.

Game got too close for my liking with the Bears D and Peyton Manning. Thankfully Brandon Marshall didn't go off.

Facing Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, and Adrian Peterson, I'd call you crazy thinking I could win. Pulled it out and now $150 richer. :cool:

My main league team put up the most points all year in my 3rd place game and I will end up winning $100. And my 2nd league team put up 148 points in my other 3rd place game which pays nothing lol.

For the first time since 2009, I made the championship in not one, but both of my main leagues, and for the first time since I started playing fantasy football back in 2006, my team put up enough points to take first in both. I also secured a victory to be the consolation playoff champion in the CAG league, which was nice. It feels good to finish strong to end the season.

Overall, it was a good fantasy year for me, and I'm kind of glad that it's over. Too much stress, wondering whether I'll be lucky enough to win my matchup and move on to the next round every week.

I went 1-1 in title games today. Final CAG league tally: a 1st, a 2nd, a 5th, a 6th, and an 8th (dead last). With the one championship, I'll call this year a success. Greg Jennings really screwed me this year. I drafted him high in most of my leagues. Oops.

That totally sucks! I basically lost out on any money because of one friggin' point! Had I been able to score one more point last week to advance I would have beat the the guy that won the championship (130-121). Naturally the guy that lucked out and beat me last week gets throttled this week.

Last week I got nothing out of my WR's. This week of course all three come to play (Welker, D.Alexander, D.Thomas).

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I went 1-1 in title games today. Final CAG league tally: a 1st, a 2nd, a 5th, a 6th, and an 8th (dead last). With the one championship, I'll call this year a success. Greg Jennings really screwed me this year. I drafted him high in most of my leagues. Oops.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Frank Gore didnt do you any favors either this week. Still, was a pretty close matchup between us.

Ended up getting 1st in one CAG league, 8th in the other (though I didnt really set my rosters very well after not making the playoffs), and 4th in my league with buddies. Not a terrible year overall!

When backing up a throw from the outfield, avoid making the very common mistake of being too close to the base. Try to get about ten steps or so behind the base and line up yourself so that there is an imaginary line going from the player throwing the ball, the base you are backing up and to you. Way too often pitchers back up the base and the throw gets by the Roger Craig Super Bowl Jersey infielder and gets by them also. By being about ten steps behind the base, you will have much better range to your left and to your right. Jerry Rice Super Bowl Jersey Michael Crabtree Super Bowl 47 Jersey The chance of the ball getting by both the infielder and you will be minimal.

"To me it smells Albert McClellan Super Bowl Jersey like three-day old fish. I think he's Terrence Cody Super Bowl Jersey as phony as a three-dollar bill," Hoge said on ESPN's SportsCenter. "All of a sudden now it's unacceptable? All of a sudden now I want to play quarterback and I don't want to play the Wildcat? There shouldn't even be this story. ... I think this shows really what he's about."It's an interesting perspective by Hoge. The AFC East blog presented this question earlier Monday: Did Tebow quit on the Jets or did the Jets quit on Super Bowl Terrell Suggs Jersey Tebow?

bread's done
Back