2012: Out Now!!!

I think out of all the destruction sequences, the Yellowstone super volcano was the best VFX in the film. I was like holy shit...then BOOM...nuke like explosion.

I remember that Y2K crap. The best part was time zones ahead of us reported 0 problems and people STILL were watching and waiting...

Absolutely ridiculous, and easily an hour too long.

I'm not entirely sure, but it seemed like the effects totally fell apart during the whole flooding crap on the ship. It seemed like it went from film to DV to film and back again a couple of times.

I'm glad I wasn't the only person who thought that....it looked so damn low budget like a made for TV movie

This movie sucked big time. Typical cliche disaster movie. Generic white guy has to save everyone. Generic white guy has to save his ex wife whom he happens to fall in love with at the end of the movie. He also has to repair his relationship with his son and/or daughter who hate him for some stupid reason....blah blah blah. And it was way to damn long. I watched it online so I was able to skip about 30 minutes in the middle and it was still too damn long.

This movie was way to convenient for itself. The guy that's married to generic white heros ex wife happens to be a pilot. White hero happens to go to Yellow Stone and meet a crazy hippie.

Oh and lets not forget the super science they had in this movie: A two engine plane outrunning a pyroclastic flow from a super volcano? Not only does it outrun it, but it gets taken over by the pyroclastic flow and its still able to just fly out. If a plane were to fly through a pf it would crash because the ash would clog the engines.

If you want a good disaster movie watch Super Volacano. It was made by the Discovery Channel. It has really good effects, decent acting, and the science was not retarded.

the worst part is the damn limo part where he avoids EVERYTHING

I whispered to one of my roommates "damn, even the transporter can't do this shit!"

how are you going to drive around a damn crowded city and avoid everything in sight??? jumping off ramps and shit! IN A LIMO!!!!!!!!!

I promise, I could have done without this movie easily...

Yea... anyone that says the LA going to hell scene was not an amazingly well crafted CG scene then you have no purpose in judging these things!

The movie was pretty lame, but I was expecting that. I was just there to tear up during the special effects amazement. Insane.

I recommend sneaking into the movie during the LA scene - it is worth seeing in theaters.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JolietJake']Didn't we get enough of this shit with The Day After Tomorrow? Did we really need another one?[/QUOTE]

The day after tomorrow was just a big freeze.

This movie was just one big earthquake. :p

I find it funny that the president would stay behind and let people stay in his white house. The Secret Service, and any cabinet members would not allow him to do this. I find it hard to believe that the chief of staff was the only surviving member during the whole situation. As soon as LA started sinking, they should have evacuated the white house...not sit around for hours/days.

The super volcano eruption sequence was amazing. I was like "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNNNN!!!!"

Yea it was a little crazy that they survived miles of destruction on the way to the airport.

Kodos.gif

Stupid humans don't understand a simple galactic alignment.

I still think they should come out with versions of: Chronicles of Narnia, Transformers, Day After Tomorrow and 2012. That remove all dialogue scenes and instead show only action/special effects.

bread's done
Back