2013 Thrift Store Thread

Hey I finally bought something again!

System only Sega Saturn (the one with the round buttons)- $8. As Is so I cant return it if its broke. Used one of my $1.00 power cables I got from Gamestop one day, it powers up and spins the copy of Virtua Fighter I found with some Dreamcast stuff one time and just kept on my shelf for such an occasion. I did not have a video cable or controller in my extras stack though so I couldnt actually see/play it. 

and a cat.....not from Goodwill but it was close by actually!

Last edited by a moderator:
My goodwill offers full refunds for electronics items. Anything else gets credit.

Salvation Army on the other hand has a no refund/as-is policy.
My SA will return stuff if you bought it that day, apparently. Some guy returned a TV after he got it home and it didn't work. I don't buy much electronics there, just games and stuff because their prices aren't good enough for the hassle of trying to return it. Well, aside from CD players which are like $1 or $2 and everyone of them has been fixed by isopropyl alcohol to the lens. Oh, and one my sister got where she replaced the rubber band from another one she had that was broken.

Stopped by Savers a few days ago. They just put some SNES and Genesis games in the case up by the front of the store. Mostly junk sports titles and a few really common titles all marked at different random prices. Grabbed:

- Aladdin (Genesis, compete) $2.99

- Tazmania (SNES, cart only) $1.99

Almost grabbed Sonic 3 but once I saw $4.99 I decided not to. There was also a model 2 Genesis with two controllers for $19.99 but after the haul I got on one with a ton of games for $8.99 at Salvation Army a year or two ago I decided to pass. Then as I wandered around the store I found a brand new in the box Dwight Schrute bobble head for $3.99.

Not a bad small-ish haul.

Stopped at a GW today and got these:

Donkey Kong Junglebeat GC $3
Call if Duty 3 Wii $3
Xbox 360 wired controller by Joytech for $5, I've never seen this brand but decided to grab it to try out

Picked up 3 PS3 SixAxis controllers from Goodwill for 3.99 each. I guess they didnt realize they were PS3 cuz they were priced the same as all the other ps2 controllers. Kept one and flipped the other 2 @ gamestop for $21 each lol. Also found a sealed copy of the Sims 3 Deluxe w/ Ambitions for $5.99.

Other items of note (i didnt buy):

broken phat xbox360 w/ 120gb HD for $40. two nintendo DS lite's for $25 each no chargers. an old iMac w/ the awesome swiveling flatscreen monitor for $30. It worked cuz it was plugged in and booted to the desktop. I wanted it soooo bad until i realized i didnt really have room for it :whistle2:(

The GW here is extremely hit/miss. Some days they'll have all kinds of crazy good thing for good prices (cheap ps2 phats, games, ect.) and then other days they have complete junk thats overpriced.

It's an adventure shopping at the Silverdale, WA Goodwill.

I had some luck today.Lunar 2 is sealed. games are 3.99 and 4.99 for lunar's

wGTEBZnh.jpg

mx0cIjfh.jpg

5BUFp0xh.jpg

Other items of note (i didnt buy):
broken phat xbox360 w/ 120gb HD for $40. two nintendo DS lite's for $25 each no chargers. an old iMac w/ the awesome swiveling flatscreen monitor for $30. It worked cuz it was plugged in and booted to the desktop. I wanted it soooo bad until i realized i didnt really have room for it :whistle2:(

It's an adventure shopping at the Silverdale, WA Goodwill.

That's actually an eMac

Wow great pickups. Its cool how the dude who originally had those games was born just so that you could pick up his sealed lunar 2 for $3.99

Good luck peeling the stickers off the cardboard though!

If I ever had a GW haul like that, it would probably ruin every other time I step in there looking for deals.  I'd probably settle for only a quarter of those games and it would be my high mark for some time.

Nothing like the day before i got

Sealed halo Goty, and Metroid prime 2 for 5 bucks

and silent hill 1,2,3 for .99 each

two 360 guitar hero controllers.

I came across a fat PS2 complete with all cables and network adapter today, it was wrapped up in plastc and it felt heavy, I decided to buy it figuring there must be a hard drive in it. Sure enough it had the 40 gb Sony branded hard drive, everything works and is in good shape $20

Picked up Wario Land for $3 yesterday, not incredibly great, but I rarely see Gameboy games anymore.  Also saw a Platinum Wavebird without the receiver for $6, might try to go back there again to hunt for it, but more than likely it isn't there.

Nothing much. Just a Sasuke Plush, Cranium Boardgame (Complete), and LEGO Seattle Tower for $3 at Salvation Army. 50% Off Sale Day but it was pretty dry out there.

I went by a garage sale this mourning that never materialized so I stop by goodwill for shits and giggles since I hardly ever find anything. Well I found a les paul wireless guitar for xbox for $6 + tax and.....it works

I got a Family Guy 21 disc dvd set (so not a season) and its in asian writing other than the words Family Guy, any idea what it is and what its worth?? I can upload a photo later, Ive looked around a bit and I cannot find it (Its an orange box if that helps)

I got a Family Guy 21 disc dvd set (so not a season) and its in asian writing other than the words Family Guy, any idea what it is and what its worth?? I can upload a photo later, Ive looked around a bit and I cannot find it (Its an orange box if that helps)
probably a bootleg, that is illegal to resell, but we can hope that it is a Japanese import.

Stopped at 2 Goodwills today and got:

Doom for the Sega Genesis(complete in box)-$2

Doom 2 for the pc(disc and case only)-$2

Official USA Zelda Ocarina of Time soundtrack(complete)-$2

red Gameboy advance SP without the charger-$10

The only leftover I could find from yesterdays pickup. Id have to imagine there was more. 2 NESs, 1 power cable, 1 controller, SMB 3, and Donkey Kong Classics seems like an odd little bundle for someone to donate. 

Got a complete copy of Star Fox Assault for Gamecube. A bit high...I paid $13 total, but considering its hard to find the rare cube games, I figured it was worth it. 

Well, this site is selling it new for $25. That doesn't scream bootleg at all.
Did you zoom in on the box art? Meg's face looks like a poorly drawn puppet or one you'd find on a blow-up doll. Stewie and Brian don't look quite right either, not to mention the others in the background. Legit DVD sets wouldn't have poorly drawn box art like that.

Did you zoom in on the box art? Meg's face looks like a poorly drawn puppet or one you'd find on a blow-up doll. Stewie and Brian don't look quite right either, not to mention the others in the background. Legit DVD sets wouldn't have poorly drawn box art like that.
I was being sarcastic ;)

I go out to my closest goodwill every Sunday and today I got some decent results;

Kid Chameleon/Genesis- $1.99
Sega Genesis 6-PAK/Genesis-$1.99
Sonic! Spinball/Genesis-$1.99
Dragon's Fury/Genesis-$1.99
Game Genie/Genesis-$1.99
Road Rash II/Genesis-$1.99
Sonic&Knuckles/Genesis-$1.99
ComixZone(Not For Resale)/Genesis-$1.99
Streets of Rage II/Genesis-$1.99
Power Joy PJ-008/??? Probably pirate cheap clone console-$1.99
Super Off Road/SNES-$1.99
Super Off Road The Baja/SNES-$1.99
PSone Dualshock-$1.99

26$+ for all of this. I was hoping to find a console but no luck.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:22995]

I stopped by 3 Goodwills yesterday and bought:

Nintendo 64 with cords and controller-$20

Brand New Everybody Loves Raymond Season 5-$5

Super Mario 64 for the ds(it was hidden inside a bag with a pedometer)-$1

Racing wheel with pedals(for the ps2, original xbox, and gamecube)-$6

Today's finds:

Halo for Xbox $3
Rockband PS3 dongle $2
Rockband USB hub $3
Boba Fett helmet $7 it's the one hasbro made in 2010 that had electronic sounds and its in good shape

So I just had the greatest find in my history of thrifting. I spent more than I've ever spent as well but I'd say it was worth it...

Started the day at a bunch of thrifts, finding nothing. Hit a Play n Trade and found this though:

Hogs of War (disc only, printed cover): $19.99
Dokapon 2 Cross Version: $2.99
Bionic Commando (GBC): $4.99
Sonic Triple Troulbe and Sonic Chaos: FREE (all handheld loose games were b2g2)

Thought that would be it for my day, was happy enough with getting Hogs of War. Then I stopped into one last Goodwill. Initially I only found 3 things I wanted:

Sonic Heroes: (PS2) $2.99
Deathrow (Xbox): $2.99
Sid Meier's Pirates (Xbox): $2.99

Was happy enough with that, just when I was about to head out a guy walks out of the back carrying a cardboard box filled with some game boy boxed games I could see. I immediately followed and when he got to the case up front I was there and got first dibs. PERFECT timing. All of the Gamecube/PS2 games were $2.99. All of the boxed Game Boy//Game Boy Color/Game Boy Advance were $4.99. The boxed GBA SP was $19.99. All are complete except for Mario and Luigi which is missing the manual but has the rest of the paperwork.

The initial 3 and the other 4 I'm keeping as I didn't have them.

Monster Rancher 4
Mario Party 4
Mario Party 7 (w/ mic)
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

These 6 below are for sale, I already had them. All complete. Feel free to offer if interested.

Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Star Fox Assault
Super Smash Bros Melee
Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Kart Double Dash

These 7 I'm keeping the games, but the boxes/manuals/inserts are all up for grabs. I don't collect CIB:

Lunar Legend
Harvest Moon GB
Dragon Warrior 1 & II
Legend of Zelda LTTP
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
Fire Emblem
Tactics Ogre the Knights of Lodis

These 5 I already had and are completely for sale.

Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Zelda Oracle of Seasons
Golden Sun the Dark Age (even has the map!)
Gameboy Advance SP 001 Cobalt Blue

I'm ball parking the total value at about 785.00... not bad, lol, spent 115.00. A lot for a goodwill trip but I'll make it back. Can't really trade on this one sadly, getting married in a month and need the money so sales only. Offers can be made until tomorrow, after that these go on eBay except for what I'm keeping.

Its been pretty dry in my neck of the woods for a month or so, but I did manage to stop by a few thrift stores on the way home and ran into some good finds. The master system games were $2.00 each and were missing manuals, the Kill-A-Watt was $3.00, The Playstation 1 games were less than $2.00 for the set, and the Play-2-o was $2.00. Not a bad haul considering how dry finds have been for me lately lol. 

9558592177_1ab90ed6a7_z.jpg

Saw 2 dirty PS2 multitaps (one sony, one gamestop or madcatz) for $4 apiece, PS2 network adapter for $4, 4 controllers (all with chipped or removed nubs on the analog sticks for $3 apiece, and oddly a dirty PS1 system with controller and cables for $15. I say oddly because the employees usually slap an $8 sticker on PS1s and they always just sit there! 

I almost grabbed a PS1 console today for 9.99 as Crash Bandicoot was in it and that would have made me back the cost. But disc only it wouldn't have made me anything really and I really don't care about the system itself so...

Did grab these though:

Psychonauts (PS2): $2.99

Scarface (Xbox): $2.99

Tetris and Dr Mario (SNES): $4.99

official Xbox Green Controller: $2.99 (in great shape and I needed another)

See Super Mario 64 sitting on top of a stack of NES and SNES games and get excited cus thats the one right on top so the rest have to be decent right?.........NOPE the rest was sports, wheel of fortune, and top gear. 

Of course SM64 for $3.24 isnt bad though!

Had a similar experience to juangrande, saw a nice stack of cartridge only Genesis games yesterday, and the one on top was Sonic and Knuckles.  I got excited to see what else was in there, but unfortunately that was the best of the bunch.  Only picked up the following Genesis stuff for $4 each:

Sonic and Knuckles

Vectorman 2

3 Button OEM Genesis Controller

Also got a disc only copy of :wii: Wii Sports for $0.99.

bread's done
Back