2013 Yard Sale Thread

So now that yard sale season is pretty much over for most people, what finds are your hoping for next year?

I'm hoping to find a cheap PS3, N64 games and systems, and a 7.1 home theatre receiver.

So now that yard sale season is pretty much over for most people, what finds are your hoping for next year?

I'm hoping to find a cheap PS3, N64 games and systems, and a 7.1 home theatre receiver.
I second the PS3 ($30 or less would be nice). But what I really want to find is a Sega Master System. I bought a stack of SMS games at Goodwill a few years ago, but I don't have the system.

I'm a bit late, but here's the PS1 haul I picked up for $30:

201311pickups.jpg

Action Bass
Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M.
Battle Hunter (no manual)
Pro Pinball: Big Race USA
Billiards
Bloody Roar II
Caesar's Palace 2000 (no discs)
Contra: Legacy of War
Cyber Tiger
Dare Devil Derby 3D (with manual, but in a rental case without back cover)

DarkStone (no manual)

Die Hard Trilogy

Driver (disc only)

Duke Nukem: Time To Kill

Final Doom

Ford Racing

Forsaken

Galaga - Destination: Earth

Grand Theft Auto

Grudge Warriors

Gunfighter: The Legend of Jesse James

IHRA Motorsports Drag Racing

KISS Pinball

Missile Command

Namco Museum: Volume 1

NCAA Gamebreaker 2000

Need For Speed: High Stakes (disc only; in a Quake II case)

Nightmare Creatures (disc only; already have a complete copy)

Pong: The Next Level

Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey

Rainbow Six

Reel Fishing

Road Rash: Jailbreak

Shadow Man

Snowboarding

Speedball 2100 (already own)

Spyro The Dragon (already own)

Spyro: Year of the Dragon

Syphon Filter (disc only)

Test Drive: Off Road 3 (disc only)

Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (disc only)

Vandal Hearts (disc only)

Warpath: Jurassic Park (no manual)

Warriors of Might & Magic

Wild 9

Half of the cases are broken, but unless otherwise noted, the games are complete and in good condition.  There was also a copy of Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt for NES that I didn't include in the picture.  They may not all be winners, but $30 isn't bad for 49 games.

8-3-13 ish

Paid $1 old monopoly game. This is the anniversary one with the extra pieces.

Paid $10 total for this stuff

That is a tonka pull back motorized car. Manix is good for resale. The smurfs watch is actually a wall clock.

Pokedex was $3

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all. Vandal Hearts, Wild 9, and Bloody Roar 2 are great finds.
Yeah, I was really excited about getting Wild 9. I've wanted to try it ever since getting a promotional VHS in the mail years ago, but I've never actually played it. Bloody Roar was also exciting because those were some of my favorite fighting games as a kid and I just bought a copy of the first one a few months ago.

A bit late? I still have some posts from mid summer to make! I'm sure slowdive has stuff to show us also.
Ha ha, good point!

Finds 6-8-13

Got out early since there was a sale advertising a Nintendo.  I show up just before the start of the sale and no Nintendo.  It turns out she had the sale Friday also and it was sold right away.  :evil:  Instead I grab:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hoop Dreams Critereon Collection $2

Underdog cartoon (sealed) $2

Bagger Vance $2

Grabbed the first 3 seasons of Weeds for $5 each at the next sale.

Next sale advertised PlayStation.

PS2 with no hookups $2.50, controllers $1 each, CDs $2 each.  Didn't realize the plugin was broke on the GC controller, but it still works.

Next sale advertised Xbox.

The Xbox was dirty and had an asking price of $25.  No thanks.

I did grab a duke controller to go with the cheap Xbox I got the previous week and the Xwing for $4 total.

Next went to a neighborhood sale, ran across these:

Star Trek Encounters PS2 $2

Star Wars Rogue Squadron III GC $3

Reign of Fire GC $1

Dragonball Z 3 Wii $3

Blurays $1 each

PS2 Gameshark & Starwars interactive disc $1

This sale advertised DS but I got there late.  Figured everything would be gone but the sale was hidden away in a rich neighborhood near the university.  There was a DS with about 18 games for $80.  I asked if they would sell them separately and after some haggling agreed to $3.50 each.  The other games were crappy puzzle games and I had grabbed a cheap $70 3DS at Sears clearance or else I may have bitten on the package.  The Wilson's Leather flask was $3 and CDs were $0.50 each.

Finally about noon ran across these.

Minty fresh Band of Brothers DVD $3

Minty fresh Skyrim for 360 $5

Skyrim went to GS for $16.50 credit towards Tales of Graces F for PS3.

Was a busy weekend for the first time this year.

Finds 6-15-13

No huge post here, not much going on for this weekend.  I was actually on my way home at about 10:00 after striking out when I spotted this sale a few blocks from my house.  Guy was apparently clearing out an old relative's house.

Two Polaroid SX-70's $5

For those unfamiliar, these are some of the most sought after Polaroid cameras around.  These are the ones with the polished steel finish and they tend to vary in price from $50 - $150 each depending on condition and availability at the time.  One is a regular SX-70 (circa 1973) the other a SX-70 Alpha 1 (circa 1977).  The Alpha 1 has lugs for a neck strap and a screw thread for tripod mounting.  There were also some unused flash bulbs, manuals and an open but unused pack of 600 film.  Everything was stuffed into a faux pleather bag that is clearly from the 70's. 

Next I spot this Universal Minute 16 camera for which he asks $2.  I haven't paid for the SX-70's yet and I only had a $10 bill and he doesn't have change. "Is there anything else you want?"  I end up also getting a 50's Sunbeam coffee pot with glass knob on top (for my stepmother's collection) and a late 70's, early 80's Pepsi faux wood diner wall clock.  Everything for $10.

The Universal Minute 16 were manufactured between 1949 and 1952, when the company went under (supposedly because of the money spent developing this camera). 

Finds 6-22-13

Two sales in the same neighborhood advertised "video games".  The area is the oldest neighborhood in the city and the houses are built very closely together.  I go by the area where the first sale is located and don't see anything so I move on to the next sale.  The only "video game" stuff they have is a new, unused Nintendo Wii console.  No power cable, A/V cables, controllers, motion sensor or anything.  They said it was a replacement for one that went bad and they had already gotten rid of the other stuff when it arrived. $20 was too steep considering the price of all the stuff I would have to buy to get it working.

I pass by the first sale again and apparently it had been open the whole time.  The sale sign was facing at the street so you could only see it as you were directly in front of the house instead of facing down the road.

Weeds Seasons 4-7 $3 each (she had seasons 1-3 also but I had already purchased them a few weeks before).

Entourage seasons 1 and 5 $3 each.

Killer Elite bluray $2

Appleseed Limited Collector's Edition steelbook $2

Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy Xbox $1

Parasite Eve PS1 $0.50

Xena Warrior Princess PS1 $0.25

A Bug's Life PS1 $0.25

Unfortunately Star Wars had some computer demo disc inside instead of the game.  That's what I get for being in a hurry and not checking my stuff.

I almost didn't go out this morning because it was cold and raining, but I saw a few sales advertised on Craigslist. I only spent $10 today...

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23352]
PS2 Slim with all connections, 2 third-party controllers, and some crappy games - $8

Dreamcast Controller - $0.25

Dreamcast Light Gun - $0.25

Soul Fighter (Dreamcast) - $0.25

Chessmaster w/plastic case (Game Boy) - $0.25

Bow Wow Wow CD - $1

I probably could have picked up the PS2 for a cheaper price, but a kid was selling it. I have an unwritten rule to not negotiate with children that are trying to earn extra cash.

Finds 7-6-13

After weeks with little to no gaming stuff found, saw a sale advertising games in a neighborhood across town. 

SNES Super Mario All-Stars $5 (at a small roadside flea market on the way)

The advertised sale had a large table with many games in boxes.  Most of it was shovelware.

All complete games were $2 each, sleeved games $1 each.

Xbox Star Wars Jedi Outcast Jedi Knight II

Xbox Star Wars Knights of the old Republic II

Xbox Metal Gear Solid 2

PS1 Marvel vs Capcom :D

PS1 Atari Anniversary

PlayStation Underground V3 I3

PS2 Kingdom Hearts

PS2 GTA San Andreas

PS2 Quake III

Medal of Honor Rising Sun

Thanks! I'm really into vintage cameras.  One of my favorite finds was about 5 years ago.  A 1930's Brownie Jr. six-twenty.  Very nice condition and I got it for a buck!  I've been told I can use 110 film in it if I can spool it.  I might actually attempt it one day.

Despite the freezing temperatures, I managed to find games at a yard sale I saw advertised on Craigslist. I paid $45 for everything...

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23425]
-SNES with 1 ASCII Pad, AV cables, and AC adapter

-PSone with 1 controller, AV cables, AC adapter, and a random demo disc

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23426]
-Battleship (SNES)

-Super Mario World (SNES)

-Beethoven's 2nd (SNES)

-Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (3DS)

-Epic Mickey 2 (Wii)

-Gears of War Judgment (Xbox 360)

-Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part II (Xbox 360)

-Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)

-Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (Xbox 360)

-Aliens Colonial Marines (Xbox 360)

-Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition (Xbox 360)

-Dark Void (Xbox 360)

-Mafia II (Xbox 360)

-Shred the Third (Xbox 360)

-Dead Island (Xbox 360)

-Skyrim (Xbox 360)

-Quake Wars (Xbox 360)

-Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360)

-Mass Effect (Xbox 360)

-Epic Mickey 2 (Xbox 360)

I picked up a PS2 with cords and some off-brand guitar controllers for $3 at a garage sale on Saturday. When I asked about other games, they said they threw them out a while ago. ::sigh::

I'm late posting this. This pick up actually happened two weeks ago right after thanksgiving. I was driving along and happened to spot a random sign for a yard sale. So I went there and to my surprise the actually had some decent stuff. I ended up getting:

Movies

Finding Nemo - .50 (DVD)

Friday- Director's Cut - $1 (Blu Ray)

Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children - .50 (UMD)

PSP Games - $1 each

Yugioh GX Tag Force 2

Naruto Ultimate Nina Heroes 2

Hellboy Science of Evil

Not a bad haul considering I wasn't even looking for any sales. 

7-6-13

Carol Burnett collector's edition VHS tapes (new) 25 cents each. One of them is a 'hit' at $25 resale.

Picked up all of this at one sale $5 total

WWII VHS set from BB, sealed DVD/VHS

This was a weird sale run by a scatterbrained old lady. I paid $10 total. That A/V cord is for a 360 still sealed. Most of the DVDs are sealed (except the blockbuster ones). The David one goes for about $30 used on amazon (mine is sealed, so I might throw it up there for a ridiculous price).

Paid $10 total for these. I knew the first 2 were good...took a guess on the third.

I paid $3 for this lot. They just wanted to get rid of their stuff. Fine by me! That is a TRU GBA.

7-6-13 part 2

Not pictured: Sealed monopoly game $1, Deluxe uno 50 cents

DVDS/VHS were 25 cents each. I bought the Clash one to watch...

DVDs were .50 each. The Michael Jackson one goes for about $10 used. The rest are good for trade up @ BB

I paid $2 total for these

Sleeping beauty special goes for about $10 used

Top Gun (sealed) goes for about $25

CDs are new, but not really worth anything

Paid $3 for this stuff. Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc DVD (sealed) goes for about $20 last time I checked.

Wii game and PS2 game. Paid $2 total

GB SP Pearl Blue with games. Marked $15, paid $8. Lot comes with Sonic The Hedgehog and Mega Man 5 Protoman with the instructions for all the games.

Didn't get any games today, but I did get:

-Monty Python and the Holy Grail for $1

-Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events for $1

-Star Wars Yoda giga pet, sealed, for $3

-1998 Tamagotchi in box for $5

-Power Play Electronic Action Games for $2 (can't find anything about this on ebay)

-Elefun for $1 (preschool toy I'm planning to flip)

So I actually started using the Wii system I bought this summer at a yard sale for only $30 (including Mario Kart) for Xenoblade...and of course NOW it has begun to break. (Disk reading sounds are horrendous) Saw a yard sale ad posted on Craigslist with someone selling a Wii. Got there 30min early and ask how much for the system. She said "I have no idea make me an offer." I offered her $45 with her response being, "What?? These are sold out everywhere! They go online for over a $100."

:cry:

...at least I picked up another copy of Mario Kart for $5 from her :???:

Nothing worst than being at a yard sale and they expect some weird elevated price. A stack of used wii games crappy ones at that talking shovelware and the lady gets offended when you offer like 2-3 a piece. No zeldas, no metroids, i'm takling preschool games games for little girls. She's like but these are wii games! they run much much more. I'm like yeah i don't think gamestop is going to offer you much more than what i just offered. Don't believe me go and check. Its like this is a yard sale and your expecting the price you bought it at minus 10-20 off? try much much lower.

Much prefer the yard sales where the people are more realistic.

bread's done
Back