2014 Yardsale thread

10-30-14

2wmffoj.jpg

When I asked about video games at a sale back around mid September something about a broken N64 that was thrown out but still having some N64 games was mentioned. This lady offered to give me her number. Finally got around to calling her late October and she mentioned these four games by name over the phone and I offered $10. Super Smash Bros actually ended being the first N64 game I've ran into with a dead save battery

Like the Flea Market thread I apologize for any grammar or any other errors over the last this time 38 posts as proof reading all of this again just now before posting would be boring and as slow as I am doing so I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight with the time it would take me.

A few comments about this year, I was surprised I didn't find a single copy of Super Mario Kart or Mario Kart 64 besides any copies that were priced based on looking it up on ebayz at the flea market. I did find more GB/GBC Pokemon games then I normally do and this was the first year for me to really start seeing a decent amount of worthwhile Wii games. I've also gotten the vibe that some of the other yardsalers who buy video games in my area have stopped or slowed down while on Sundays it has gotten worse with more vendors who sell video games with prices based on ebay/amazon online or whatever and some of these types who will try and scoop up anything they deem worthy of reselling. One guy is far and away the worse with this and will even ask some of the other vendors that sell games cheap if they have any new games for sale that day as soon as he sees them show up and will camp out while they are bringing stuff out so he can bogart anything good.

Without counting it up I think I got to 800 then some yard sales total this year and gave out my number about 40 times not including something minor or stupid like if I got a system and left my number in case they found a cord that goes with the system that was missing. I ended up getting something out of leaving my number, getting a number or trading e-mails etc 3 times this year so that gives you an idea of how often it pans out for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fonewearl , first off, nice post. Man some of those prices are crazy. Wonder what state u live in? Most yard sales I go to they want ebay prices. That's probably due to living in the dc, md, va area

I can't believe you find that much good stuff! I hate being in such a crowded area, it's nearly impossible for me to beat the competition to the punch.

Damn dude, that's an amazing haul for the summer! There's been too much competition in Baltimore lately, and I consider myself lucky to get the few big lots I *have* found.

Damn, posting all those picture must've been tedious, I barely have patience to set one picture up lol.
I had them all ready to go but have been lazy about posting them. It's more then enough work doing all that but I was keeping up with it week to week.

Damn dude, that's an amazing haul for the summer! There's been too much competition in Baltimore lately, and I consider myself lucky to get the few big lots I *have* found.
It seemed like you did good this year IMO, it must be a grass is greener on the other side thing going on :D

I also forgot to mention some of the picture ain't the best so if anyone actually cared I can point out any games they can't make out in the pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are probably my last yardsale finds of this year :cry:. Paid $60 for all the things (yardsale+flea market finds). Pretty excited for the Ikaruga, the DS game is Yugioh Troubadour BTW.

[attachment=10952:IMG_0879.JPG]

Yo, what's with the crazy pricing of Smash Bros. N64 online? It's not even that obscure, why is it so high? I was browsing on eBay and Amazon and saw it hitting around $50 and up, why does it cost more than the Wii U one seriously lol?

Yo, what's with the crazy pricing of Smash Bros. N64 online? It's not even that obscure, why is it so high? I was browsing on eBay and Amazon and saw it hitting around $50 and up, why does it cost more than the Wii U one seriously lol?
It is a popular game. Those always stay high price because they are in demand. Not everyone has a wii u :) Everyone thinks mario is expensive but not always the case. It stays what people are willing to pay. Once are generations goes prices will drop, no one will want it. MY guess.

Here's one final find for me from this year. A couple of weeks ago I noticed an indoor yard sale that was happening near me, so I decided to check it out. The seller is moving out west so he's trying to clean out his house. I asked about video games and he brought out the five games pictured; it's not the best find but it's been rather dry here and they were only $2 apiece so I grabbed them all. He says he has a bunch of other stuff around, he just needs to dig out, so I left my info and I'm going to check back when he has his next sale. With everything else pictured the total came to $30, with $10 spent on that Nomi DVD. Turns out that's about asking price on eBay, but it's cool because I have a friend who's a huge Nomi fan and it made the perfect present for her. The Christmas book is this cute little pop-up book, and it made a great stocking stuff for the baby's first Christmas.

Unfortunately, I got there a little late to claim the big box of Ghostbusters toys. It's a shame as I have a friend who loves the franchise so much that she can explain the meaning and history of the name Venkman to people...

bread's done
Back