*** 2016 CANADA E3 DEALS THREAD ***UPDATED***

dtrader69

CAGiversary!
e3-header-overlay-latest.png

With E3 upon us, I will use this thread to track deals.
I will try my best to update this thread if new deals pops up.

Last year's deals examples can be found here: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/346306-2015-e3-gaming-deals-thread/

Here are some games that have been confirmed for E3:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/all-the-e3-2016-games-confirmed-so-far/1100-6440260/

LIST OF PRE-ORDER TITLES:

LIVE NOW

Walmart
Titanfall 2 - $49.96
Battlefield 1 (PS4/XBONE) - $49.96
Final Fantasy XV (PS4/XBONE) - $49.96
Gears of War 4 - $49.96
Watchdogs 2 (PS4/XBONE) - $49.96

Pokemon Moon (3DS) - $49.96
Pokemon Sun (3DS) - $49.96

EXPIRED DEALS

Amazon.ca
Save 20% on select Pre-order Video Games

Amazon 
Save up to $30 on select Pre-order Video Games

Examples:

Titanfall 2 - Xbox One Standard Edition $49.96
Final Fantasy XV - PlayStation 4 - Standard Edition $49.96
Final Fantasy XV - Xbox One - Standard Edition $49.96
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands - Trilingual - PlayStation 4 - Standard Edition $49.96
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands - Trilingual - Xbox One - Standard Edition $49.96
MXGP 2 Day 1 Edition Xbox One $49.96
MXGP 2 Day 1 Edition Playstation 4 $49.96
Gears of War 4 - Xbox One Standard Edition $49.96
Battlefield 1 - PlayStation 4 - Standard Edition $49.96
Battlefield 1 - Xbox One - Standard Edition $49.96
Pokemon Moon - Nintendo 3DS Moon Edition $49.96
Pokemon Sun - Nintendo 3DS Sun Edition $49.96
Watch Dogs 2 - PlayStation 4 - Standard Edition $49.96
Watch Dogs 2 - PlayStation 4 - Standard Edition $49.96

Bestbuy
Get 25X Reward Zone Points (~$25 for a $80 game, i.e: $80*25=2000 RZ Pts, 400 RZ Pts=$5 BB Credit, 2000/400*5 = $25 BB Credit)

25x REWARD ZONE POINTS
WHEN YOU PRE-ORDER GAMES DURING JUNE 10-16 2016

That’s $25 value based on the purchase of a $79.99 game
Plus, score 10x points on video game purchases until Dec. 31, 2016

EBGames 

Get 40% extra when you trade towards E3 titles

45% for Red and Gold Members
50% for Platinum members
55% for Onyx members
Offer between June 14-19, 2016. In store only. Offer valid on PS4, XB1, XB360, PS3, PSV, WiiU and 3DS games. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Games must include boxes and instructions. Cannot be combined with other trade offers. No duplicate titles accepted. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Subject to manager approval. No minimum trade value required. Offer subject to change at anytime

PSN

Save up to 75% on E3 titles from shows past http://play.st/1UtcTQr (Expires June 21 8:00AM PST), plus get $15 when you spend $100 at PS Store (Expires June 21 11:59PM PST).  

Nintendo eStore
My Nintendo members get the benefit of knocking off an extra 10% on the sale price of all titles in the sale, so make sure to link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account now if you haven’t already. - See more at: http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2016/06/14/e3-eshop-sale-live-north-america/#sthash.KteNSC4t.dpuf

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Will Amazon.ca price-match that? I already placed my entire order this morning with Amazon :(
Your frowny face there is wrong. This is the point of the 20% off deal, you get your order in and then wait for Amazon to drop things so you actually get it for $40 or possibly even cheaper. If you want to expedite the process, look at the Product Details on the Amazon listing. Down at the bottom there's a "tell us about a lower price" link, click it and fill it out.

This is the point of the 20% off deal, you get your order in and then wait for Amazon to drop things so you actually get it for $40 or possibly even cheaper.
You don't actually think this'll happen/work after today, do you?

Your frowny face there is wrong. This is the point of the 20% off deal, you get your order in and then wait for Amazon to drop things so you actually get it for $40 or possibly even cheaper. If you want to expedite the process, look at the Product Details on the Amazon listing. Down at the bottom there's a "tell us about a lower price" link, click it and fill it out.
That is correct.

I would order from both places. Cancel the Amazon order if it doens't lower the price by release date and keep the Walmart copy.

If Amazon lowers the price, then cancel the Walmart copy or return it in store.

That is the best approach.

Excellent advice.  Thanks so much!!

Long gone are the days of $39.99 Future Shop E3 pre-orders...man, those were the days!!

Yay!! Happy to report i got my 20% off for World of final fantasy which brought it down to  $47.99 plus tax, since it never applied at checkout

Amazon updated the price on Titanfall 2 for those interested. I didn't pre-order that one myself... I'll wait till it's $10-$20 on the PS Store eventually.

Amazon updated the price on Titanfall 2 for those interested. I didn't pre-order that one myself... I'll wait till it's $10-$20 on the PS Store eventually.
Was just about to post this myself, if you had it when they were offering 20%, then you should get additional savings due to price drop.

Titanfall 2 - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition

Titanfall 2 - Xbox One Standard Edition

But now I noticed that they are no longer part of the 20% deal.

There are some additional savings deal that can be added with the 20% deal:

World of Final Fantasy - PlayStation 4 is now $59.99

Sea of Thieves - Xbox One as mentioned earlier is now $39.99

Terraria - Wii U is now $34.99

MXGP 2 Day 1 Edition is now $49.96

I've stopped caring about digital, there will always be ways to pirate. If I'm not going to own a game, why would I even care enough to shell out $12?
Because physical is going to cost twice as much? Whether it's digital or not, if it's cheaper I'm going to get that version.

I've stopped caring about digital, there will always be ways to pirate. If I'm not going to own a game, why would I even care enough to shell out $12?
Because physical is going to cost twice as much? Whether it's digital or not, if it's cheaper I'm going to get that version.
I'm still a fan of the physical copy over the digital, especially since clearance is a physical event. I got many games at ridiculous prices that have never even been matched on the Playstation or Xbox digital stores.

With that being said, if the companies could finally get their shit together and reduce the pricing of digital titles versus physical copies, making sure our digital libraries carry on forever even with new hardware showing up and offering decent reward programs, I'd be all over digital. I've already gone 100% digital on Vita, all because both me and me kid can play the games on our own Vita (with only one licence).

bread's done
Back