2019 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

$40. Only missing the hdmi cable... who doesnt have like 10 of those around?! Put Hakchi and the complete US romset on it.

MAF6RaA.jpg

Great find PimpBot2000! I wish I the GW stores where I live had those kinds of sweet deals. Most of the gaming consoles that end up at the stores are overpriced.

My recent finds:

Roto Grip Riot and Brunswick ball bag combo (bowling equipment finds have been great for me this year)

Madden NFL 09 :360:

Madden NFL 12 :360:

NBA 2K13 :360:

Guitar Hero III :360:

Rocksmith 2014 Edition :360:

Resistance 3 (case only) :ps3:

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (case only) :360:

Lots of books

Dog bedding

Owl figurine

Nic-nacs

Clothing

Left early from work and scored me another copy of Radiant Dawn this year. I also bought Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, and Benjamin Button Blu-ray film (I heard it's good) all for $4 each and game discs look almost perfect.

IMG-6986.jpg
IMG-6987.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not too much this week. $2 apiece- copy of High Score: The Illustrated History Of Electronic Games book and a brand new 25ft Cat5e ethernet cable which Ill use for my Switch and probably my tv when Im watching Disney+ or Hulu.

Edit 11/29/19- $3 console only Wii. After using the air compressor on it I grabbed the cables from one of the other Wiis and turned it on. Appears to work just fine. Hit that eject button and Just Dance 2017 popped out. Always love when theres a game inside the drive of a console that has the eject style drives! Its like a little game itself! "Will there be something in there???"

Opened Box Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Neon Pink / Green $25

PS1 Diablo $5

2 Blu-ray films $3 each

IMG-9403.jpg

$30 total. Neither ac adapter taped to the PS2 actually goes to it! Turns out the HP adapter is worth around $30 though. Kingdom Hearts had been sitting in the case marked $15 for a week. Ill take it for 75% green stickers though!

7UvmTOA.jpg

Last post update- someone did pay $30 for the HP ac adapter and someone paid $80 for that router!

Yesterdays pickups- $9. Games arent that special but are complete and were $1.50 apiece! Pucks were $1 apiece. Rounded up to $9 for some donation. Blue puck is signed by Bob Plager. Not sure who thought blue marker on blue puck was a smart idea!

JZ4k08E.jpg

Thrift Store Thread falling down the list, ill bump it back up! $7 for the car and N64 game, $15 for the Dyno Air bmx bike. Guy had just rolled it out and said "I knew that wouldnt last long!". Cleaned up alright, tires hold air, need to works on the brakes.

QNNZdS0.jpg
VdD7vtN.jpg
H5qMPP1.jpg
ZD3zsU8.jpg

Thrift Store Thread falling down the list, ill bump it back up! $7 for the car and N64 game, $15 for the Dyno Air bmx bike. Guy had just rolled it out and said "I knew that wouldnt last long!". Cleaned up alright, tires hold air, need to works on the brakes.

QNNZdS0.jpg
VdD7vtN.jpg
H5qMPP1.jpg
ZD3zsU8.jpg
That looks to be late 80's early 90's. I still have my '89 GT Vertigo.

I found the same one on bmxmuseum.com. 1993 Dyno Air "purple splash". Everything is "Dyno" or "GT" except for the Vans handlebar grips, Freaky Redline tires, and Mongoose pegs. Im probably going to take it all apart and really clean everything sometime soon. Keeping an eye out on Ebay for replacement decals, havent seen the exact same ones....I do kinda dig the used look though. Its like "yeah we rode this thing and its got scrapes on the brakes and handlebars!"

I remember a couple buddies back in the day had silver Airs, one with red lettering one with blue lettering. Guy had this really nice spice orange GT Performer that we were all jel of! I finally got that Dyno that my parents wouldnt buy!

This one store I frequent has become the home of uncommon Ps3 games. Nothing incredible, just games that no one would expect to be worth anything ($10-15 range).

2 separate trips landed me:

Ps2: Half Life 2 

Ps3:

-Air Conflicts Pacific Carriers 

-Alone in the Dark Inferno

-Amazing Spider-Man

-Book of Spells

-Civilization Revolution 

-Dark Sector

-Final Fantasy XIII-2

-JASF

-Little Big Planet 2