20GB PS3s on Woot.com NOW!

[quote name='Collectordragon']I'll wait for the 60GB version.[/QUOTE]

And hopefully most everyone else will wait 'till it actually has more than one good game!

Sorry, i just have NO idea why people buy consoles at launch nowadays. I just now bought a 360. I must be weird in wanting quality new releases along with cheap old hits before shelling out major cash.

Woot is crazy with the shipping. 5$ for Overnight. Damn wish every site did this.

OMG click on the Picture. HAhah "Wii RoX" I think this maybe hinting that they are going to get Wiis ??? This is just a guess but funny ad for Wiis with PS3.

[quote name='Animeguy']Woot is crazy with the shipping. 5$ for Overnight. Damn wish every site did this.

OMG click on the Picture. HAhah "Wii RoX" I think this maybe hinting that they are going to get Wiis ??? This is just a guess but funny ad for Wiis with PS3.[/quote]

:lol: Great picture FTW! Your Wii "guess" might not be too far off!!!

WTF.

Cool and all, but still WTF. Look at the title description, features and all. It was on the market for less than an hour and BAM. Gone.

[quote name='pthagonal']And hopefully most everyone else will wait 'till it actually has more than one good game!

Sorry, i just have NO idea why people buy consoles at launch nowadays. I just now bought a 360. I must be weird in wanting quality new releases along with cheap old hits before shelling out major cash.[/QUOTE]

The only next-gen console I got at launch was the Wii but it actually has good games already available. I recently got a Japanese 360. I still don't have an American one. I'll probably get an American 360 sometime next year and probably a PS3 too but I'm in no rush for either. I don't even have a DS Lite yet. I still only have the original. I'm extremely patient these days with video games. If all video game hardware and software was available indefinitely and never discontinued I probably wouldn't have any games newer than the first year of the PS2 launch. I buy a ton of games for future use only because I hate it when a game or piece of hardware becomes permanently unavailable. It sucks that you have to buy things in a certain time frame or you'll never get them.

The PS3 popularity is down a lot. Lack of release games are killing the demand. If you guys search hard enough on ebay lots of sellers have them for $600-$800. Its basically selling for 10-20% more then retail right now on ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...=playstation+3&category0=&submitSearch=Search

As of me posting this two auctions are ending (60 gig models) within a minute. One is at $685 with $40 shipping, 24 bids. The other is $700 + $55 for shipping with no bids.

If any of you really want a PS3 it can be had for a little more then retail on ebay. I have no idea why you would want one, but hey its your money.

Like I've said before I don't hate the PS3, just the fake "we have original ideas" people behind it. They Playstation has been made a whore of new untested technology by Kuturagi.

"Look its shiny, has lots of new tech, we also have the same features of the other consoles. $600"

"Man those assholes will buy anything. Hey I've got to pay for my wife, and a mistress. Plus my 24 homes, and exotic car collection." That last quote is what I think Kuturagi says to his buddies at the bar.

It's funny how the site is trying to sell as much as possible to provide Wii's to its employees. It's quite a way to advertise.

I was in line buying gifts for our company at Circuit City and a person was actually returning his PS3. A girl and her boyfriend were shocked he was returning it so were asking him why he didn't like it and were pretty surprised when he said preferred his 360 and Wii because there just weren't any good games to play.

madcoxvn1.jpg

haha

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']
madcoxvn1.jpg

haha[/quote]

and the line "In fact, we love the Wii so much, we want to give a Wii to everybody on our payroll. To fund this Wii-for-the-People program, we're selling this Sony PlayStation 3." had me lawling

[quote name='Collectordragon']I'll wait for the 60GB version.[/QUOTE]Do you really feel the need for WiFi, using remote play on PSP, and being able to use MS/CF/SD? I just ask because there are some who feel the 20GB is a "tard pacK", because that was the situation with the 360, when it's actually a very good pack (if you are never going to use remote play especially, and don't need WiFi, it's the version to get IMO).
[quote name='CitizenB']The PS3 popularity is down a lot. Lack of release games are killing the demand. If you guys search hard enough on ebay lots of sellers have them for $600-$800. Its basically selling for 10-20% more then retail right now on ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...=playstation+3&category0=&submitSearch=Search

As of me posting this two auctions are ending (60 gig models) within a minute. One is at $685 with $40 shipping, 24 bids. The other is $700 + $55 for shipping with no bids.

If any of you really want a PS3 it can be had for a little more then retail on ebay. I have no idea why you would want one, but hey its your money.

Like I've said before I don't hate the PS3, just the fake "we have original ideas" people behind it. They Playstation has been made a whore of new untested technology by Kuturagi.

"Look its shiny, has lots of new tech, we also have the same features of the other consoles. $600"

"Man those assholes will buy anything. Hey I've got to pay for my wife, and a mistress. Plus my 24 homes, and exotic car collection." That last quote is what I think Kuturagi says to his buddies at the bar.[/QUOTE]Actually, the ebay prices have really gone down because they've been shipping more of them and you can just walk into many retailers around lunch time (if you time it right) and see it there. As long as people can just walk into retailers, many won't care to look at ebay anymore.

Also, the PS3 is not just $600. The 20GB model (at $500) has HDMI and has everything you need. Ever since TGS, $600 has become a myth, unless you feel the need for extra features (now PS3 is $500).
[quote name='pthagonal']And hopefully most everyone else will wait 'till it actually has more than one good game![/QUOTE]Most probably would, but I really can't wait. I pretty much have the money for a PS3 (I already have more than enough games for my current platforms, and pretty much bought all games I must own), there are 3-4 games I want (out now), and there are games I want early next year (I want to be sure I have). But, that's just me. ;)

I'm about to get a PS3 myself (20GB FTW), but I'm waiting until the perfect opportunity at a retail store. That $5 shipping on woot.com is definitely awesome (less than me paying tax for a PS3). So basically, an extra $100 is spent to get HDMI and blu-ray, compared to the competition (IMO, that's definitely worth it).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Do you really feel the need for WiFi, using remote play on PSP, and being able to use MS/CF/SD? I just ask because there are some who feel the 20GB is a "tard pacK", because that was the situation with the 360, when it's actually a very good pack (if you are never going to use remote play especially, and don't need WiFi, it's the version to get IMO).[/quote]

I fail to see how the Core 360 was more of a tard pack than the 20GB PS3 is. At least if you got a core, you could buy the accessories to make it the same as a premium pack. Presumably, if you buy a 20GB PS3, you're never gonna be able to take advantage of the wireless or the remote play, even if you decide you want it six months down the road.

That's pretty retarded, if you ask me.

[quote name='TahoeMax']ahhh, woot. how i love thee.

Note that they're also offering a full year warranty for free...NOT for $50...[/quote]

Yeah its called Manufacturers Warranty, gotta love Sony :D

[quote name='michaema']Yeah its called Manufacturers Warranty, gotta love Sony :D[/quote]

Sony warrantied them for a year? Heh, all this time i thought it was just 3 months. Even bought one of the extended warranties for the one i sold at launch. Heh...forgive my ignorance.

Presumably, if you buy a 20GB PS3, you're never gonna be able to take advantage of the wireless or the remote play, even if you decide you want it six months down the road.
Right dude, because it's impossible to buy a USB wireless adapter. Or an external card reader for media. It's the same situation as the 360, but at least they didn't leave out a much more crucial piece (the hard drive). Which you can also upgrade to be larger on the PS3 and not so on the 360. Just setting the facts straight...I love the 360, but the Core system was a bad idea.

[quote name='DustBoogie']I fail to see how the Core 360 was more of a tard pack than the 20GB PS3 is. At least if you got a core, you could buy the accessories to make it the same as a premium pack. [/quote]

The reason the Core is a bad deal is that it's only $100 less than the premium, but doesn't come with some of the accessories that are required to actually use the system. In particular, there's no way to save your games without at least buying the $30+ memory unit.

Presumably, if you buy a 20GB PS3, you're never gonna be able to take advantage of the wireless or the remote play, even if you decide you want it six months down the road.

That's pretty retarded, if you ask me.
USB adapters don't work AFAIK, but you can already use a game adapter to get "wireless." The real question is about remote play. It's not clear yet if Sony will come out with something to allow you to use the remote play feature on a 20GB model, but from what I hear they are moving away from the current system (where you access content on your PS3 using a local wireless network) and moving to one where you will be able to access your PS3's content over the Internet from any Internet connection. If that is the case, there's no reason why wireless would be required on the PS3.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Sony warrantied them for a year? Heh, all this time i thought it was just 3 months. Even bought one of the extended warranties for the one i sold at launch. Heh...forgive my ignorance.[/quote]

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/PS3/Warranties

check it out:

LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY AND LIABILITY FOR THE PLAYSTATION®3 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
Sony Computer Entertainment America ("SCEA") warrants to the original purchaser that the PS3TM hardware shall be free from material defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase (the "Warranty Period").

lol the info is funny

"In fact, we love the Wii so much, we want to give a Wii to everybody on our payroll. To fund this Wii-for-the-People program, we're selling this Sony PlayStation 3."

har har

yea i saw this last night, wasnt appealing to me at all. I saw PS3s at my target today too, wasnt too exciting, other than that there were actually PS3s in stock, that was a crazy sight

[quote name='Woot']The controller – so easy! No more intricate push-this-twice, pull-that-three-times trickery, just easy waves of the hand.[/quote]

The pic was funny but this quote is bullshit. I own a Wii and once you get past Wii Sports there's still plenty of button pushing.

bread's done
Back