$22 - BB Game Pass for 1 month or Gamefly for 2

grifta67

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey everyone,

There's about 9 games coming out in the next month that I want to at least give a night's worth of play to. Buying them is not an option, thats crazy expensive. I've determined a few ways to go about this:

1. Get a Blockbuster Game Pass for a month ($21.95). There's a BB less than 2 blocks from my house, so it's ultra convenient. The only problem is that I might be competing with other gamepassers for these brand new games I want to try out. If someone else takes it on a game pass, and decides to keep it for a couple weeks, I'm SOL.

2. Get a 2-month sub to Gamefly from Best Buy ($21.95). I've used Gamefly in the past and agree that shipping is stupid slow, but I'll have it twice as long as the BB one. Maybe its better now? Who knows. This method would be slower in game turnaround, but highly increase my chances of getting the newer games.

3. A combo of both. Get a BB Game Pass and knock out as many on my list as I can. When my pass expires, use a free trial of Gamefly to get the last couple games I couldn't get from BB.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say Gamefly. Mostly cause you have a better chance of receiving the games before the membership ends.

Blockbuster(at least the ones near me) are terrible with games. Ever since their "no late fees" went into effect, it takes forever for a game to ever get returned. That's the one reason why I never rent from them anymore. I'd rather pay $6.99 at Hollywood Video or $5.59 at Family Video for a 5 day rental, since I know I have a better chance of getting a game that I actually want to play.

bread's done
Back