22" HDTV - Cheapest / most reliable?

PenDynasty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
114 (100%)
Since SuperBowl weekend is coming up (Let's go Steelers!), they say that the prices drop just immediately before - your best chance to score a solid TV.

If there are any under 400 that provide solid quality and are of a known stature (Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, LG, etc.) and are offered elsewhere from Best Buy, if you could be so kind to post here, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Most of them are above 400. I'm wondering if there are any other sites besides BestBuy that offers discounts, etc. I only look in typical places.

How about what to look for in a TV? Specifically? What's better 720 or 1080? Contrast levels to hit around? Aspect ratios? Any advice would be appreciated.

When you go that small I don't think you can find 1080(p) unless it's a monitor, and that's not what you're looking for.

Higher contrast ratios are always good but like I've read many times, take those with a grain of salt, as every manufactorer has different ways of measuring them and what not. Aspect ratios depend on the movies and the shows you're watching afaik, so long as you're not getting a 4:3 T.V.

The set I showed you should definitely get the job done, and it's beautiful picture-wise and aesthetically.

When it comes to T.V.'s, stick to name brands (Sony, Samsung, etc.) and ultimately, decide with YOUR eyes. Go to Best Buy and look at a few; mess around with their settings and see what YOU like.

And with such a small TV, 720 and 1080 won't be too much of a difference unless you are a foot away from the TV. Like lolwut said, go find a few models that you like at Best Buy and then shop around for them and see what kind of reviews and prices you can find.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']And with such a small TV, 720 and 1080 won't be too much of a difference unless you are a foot away from the TV. Like lolwut said, go find a few models that you like at Best Buy and then shop around for them and see what kind of reviews and prices you can find.[/quote]

Well, how about sitting away from three feet? Difference from one?

There is a Samsung 2333HD 23" HDTV/Monitor that could have been found for under $300 from Office Depot and Office Max. It *might* be available right now at Sam's Club as well.

It's a 1080p HDTV and I think it looks really nice.

[quote name='manthing']There is a Samsung 2333HD 23" HDTV/Monitor that could have been found for under $300 from Office Depot and Office Max. It *might* be available right now at Sam's Club as well.

It's a 1080p HDTV and I think it looks really nice.[/quote]

Called up stores in Delaware and they said they didn't have it in stock anymore but they COULD offer me a 19" NON-HD monitor for 159..:lol::lol:

bread's done
Back