$229.99 Sony PS3 500GB Assassins Creed III Bundle w/ Free Shipping via Buy eBay

Come on, Amazon! I need to replace my 2009 Slim, laser is giving issues >_< They don't PM eBay (Buy.com), eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on, Amazon! I need to replace my 2009 Slim, laser is giving issues &gt;_&lt; They don't PM eBay (Buy.com), eh?
I am having the same issue with my PS3. When I start up my console, it keeps making an eject sound for the disc.

So my PS3 thinks there is no disk inside the console. It just makes the sound, but does not actually eject the disk.

I am tempted by this deal, but I hate having consoles shipped to me. Most retailers don't pack their items well (ie. Amazon will just have fragile items bouncing around inside the box).

So here is an instance of a 500GB going on sale so everyone over in that PS3 12GB for 200 can jump on it.

Dang. Bought a 250gb Sports Champions Move bundle from Buy for the exact same price, like a week ago.

Oh well. Not sure if I should regret the extra 250gb lol

It's a no brainer for an extra $30 getting 500gb vs. 12gb and AC3 (granted I already have it for 360, but there's a Christmas present to someone).

Two things:
Looking to replace my original 60gb phat. Is this as cheaply made as the webs make it sound? Am I better off finding a slim as opposed to this one's super slim?

Secondly, will Best Buy price match this?

Oh.... And I'm planning on a PS4, but that's about a year off. Not relevant, but saves the "save your money for PS4" comments.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dang. Bought a 250gb Sports Champions Move bundle from Buy for the exact same price, like a week ago.

Oh well. Not sure if I should regret the extra 250gb lol
I did the same thing and just received it today. I doubt I'll use the extra 250 gb and I don't care for AC so I'm not too mad. It still would be nice to have an extra 250 gb for the same price.

Two things:
Looking to replace my original 60gb phat. Is this as cheaply made as the webs make it sound? Am I better off finding a slim as opposed to this one's super slim?

Oh.... And I'm planning on a PS4, but that's about a year off. Not relevant, but saves the "save your money for PS4" comments.

Web makes everything sound worse than it is. The little rivet plastic cover is very well made I think. I enjoy this slide open tray as opposed to the older ones cause I dont want to worry about the DVD drive motor shitting itself.

I dont think you should worry about the quality between the slim and super slim. I think the Super Slims are fine. But maybe I dont know what Im talking about.

Web makes everything sound worse than it is. The little rivet plastic cover is very well made I think. I enjoy this slide open tray as opposed to the older ones cause I dont want to worry about the DVD drive motor shitting itself.

I dont think you should worry about the quality between the slim and super slim. I think the Super Slims are fine. But maybe I dont know what Im talking about.
Agreed. The super slim is not as cheaply made as people say. So far I prefer it over my phat and it's so much quieter.

For the people that have bought the Super Slim: How do you guys like it, versus the Slim? Could care less about it looking "cheaply made," but if the quality of the manual open/close isn't great, that's concerning.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not super rough on my stuff, so as long as it holds I'm good.

The idea if it being quieter sounds super appealing though. That OG phatty is crazy loud when I get going

For the people that have bought the Super Slim: How do you guys like it, versus the Slim? Could care less about it looking "cheaply made," but if the quality of the manual open/close isn't great, that's concerning.
Like I said in my previous post and when the Super Slims were announced, I had a PS3 that had a bad disk drive. It still read the disk but the motor wouldnt click on when you insert the disk. I would have to push the Eject button to get the motor started then push the disk in.

I think the quality of manual open is great in that it makes for less moving parts or places where your PS3 could become useless. That alone would convince me to get the Super Slim over anything.

The actual material is very good. You cant do anything to this PS3 that you couldnt to the others. And from stress tests videos on the internet, the Super Slims can take a beating on the manual door and still keep working. I dont know how well a PS3 with a motor disk drive would do with a sledgehammer dropped on it. From the tests, I was lead to believe that the Super Slims would be more durable than other PS3s.

I dont know how well a PS3 with a motor disk drive would do with a sledgehammer dropped on it. From the tests, I was lead to believe that the Super Slims would be more durable than other PS3s.
I get that people stress test things. But man, it hurts to watch videos of that nature online, especially being a CAG. :headache:

I get that people stress test things. But man, it hurts to watch videos of that nature online, especially being a CAG. :headache:
O yeah and I cant imagine they get enough money to pay for the things. I know they are trying to create a fanbase, but I couldnt sit there and buy a Galaxy S4/PS4/Xbox 1 just so I could stress test it and make a video for youtube.

Two things:

So reading Best Buy's site gets cryptic. I'll just head down tomorrow and take a shot at a match and go from there. I have almost $150 in credit to use, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Bought one for myself. Once I transfer all my data to it, I'll sell my old PS3, AC3, and maybe the extra controller. I might get most of my money back and end up with newer supposedly faster PS3 and bigger HDD.

So reading Best Buy's site gets cryptic. I'll just head down tomorrow and take a shot at a match and go from there. I have almost $150 in credit to use, so I've got my fingers crossed.
I tried it when NewEgg posted the $229 AC3 bundle on eBay a while ago. They said no. It has to be on the competitor's site directly and not on eBay. But it might work if you get a really lax manager. After all, a sale is a sale. But from what I've seen, many BB stores only have the UC3 GOTY/ Year of PS+ or GT5 bundles in store nowadays and PM's usually have to be on the exact same item.

I tried it when NewEgg posted the $229 AC3 bundle on eBay a while ago. They said no. It has to be on the competitor's site directly and not on eBay. But it might work if you get a really lax manager. After all, a sale is a sale. But from what I've seen, many BB stores only have the UC3 GOTY/ Year of PS+ or GT5 bundles in store nowadays and PM's usually have to be on the exact same item.
Thanks for the info.

Funny... after I typed this, I went back to see if any stores have it and of course, they don't. I've got a couple close by I can drive by, but I'll likely just hold out for the GTAV bundle at this point. Only a month out from that one.

I got notification mine shipped and will be here Thursday - will reply back with how they packed it for mailing for those curious.

thanks - I am interested in how well they pack these myself
Not a great packing job, but it came unscathed.

buycom_ps3_outside.jpg

buycom_ps3_inside.jpg

buycom_ps3_out.jpg

buycom_ps3_packing.jpg

thanks for posting those photos Adrenaline!

they packed it just as I figured they would - the console rattles around in the box

glad yours was unscathed

Mine was packed the exact same way. As a matter of fact it was halfway open at my doorstep. Not only was it a crappy packing job, but they also used craptastic packing tape as well.

Luckily, the PS3 box was undamaged and in pristine condition.

bread's done
Back