22inch HDTV?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014139

Probably what I'll be picking up when I head off to college next year. It has DVI and HDMI inputs which will make it great to hook up the comp and ps3 too. Pretty flawless reviews across the board too. I've seen it down to $270 with no rebate and free ship so you might want to wait and see if it drops before you jump. Also if your searching around and you see the 22" Sceptre with HDMI I've heard terrible things about it. Many people have reported that the DVI port craps out after a little while so stay clear of the Sceptre and go with the BenQ. Also there is a 24" BenQ with hdmi for around $650 but it's been reported to have a massive problem where the screen flickers black for a couple seconds. So avoid the 24" and go with this 22" which looks pretty solid :) -RR
btw where are you headed to school?

Keep your eyes open for the OfficeDepot, CircuitCity and CompUSA (if you still have one around you) ads. They usually have the best deals on smaller HDTVs. I got an Olevia 427 (27 inches with built in tuner) for about 450 several months ago. At CC, these or similar ones can drop to about 400 with coupon. I recommend 27 inches at least... 22 is just too small, esp with SDTV broadcasts.

[quote name='timiddy']Keep your eyes open for the OfficeDepot, CircuitCity and CompUSA (if you still have one around you) ads. They usually have the best deals on smaller HDTVs. I got an Olevia 427 (27 inches with built in tuner) for about 450 several months ago. At CC, these or similar ones can drop to about 400 with coupon. I recommend 27 inches at least... 22 is just too small, esp with SDTV broadcasts.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

As for the size, I already have a nice 30 inch HDTV, this one will just be used for my dorm though.

[quote name='Chacrana']If it's just an alternate and it's gotta be dirt cheap, than as much as I hate to do it, yeah, go with the Olevia.[/QUOTE]

Yea it's just an alternate...and something to watch House, 24 and The Office on at school.

How far away is your school? If we're talking a short drive I'd say just bring your TV with you. Also, I don't know if you'll be a continuing student or a freshmen, but I don't know of a lot of schools that have HD programming on their cable service. At rutgers we're lucky enough to have both an Antenna hookup (that's linked to a GIANT antenna at the top of our tallest building) and a cable hookup. On Mondays and Thursdays we hooked up our TV to the antenna line to get free over the air broadcasts. You might be able to do the same with an off the shelf antenna, but whether or not you get reception (for digital broadcasts it doesn't matter how good it is, only that you get it ) is what I'd be worried about.

IMHO there's no point to buying a 22" HDTV for just watching 3 shows. Chances are your college has some sort of DirectConnect hub or other internal p2p service where you can download your TV shows that you like to watch. That or you can just download them yourself off your favorite tracker (there are true 720p videos out there for 24, the office, and house).
At 22" you're not going to be that far from it, you might as well just buy a large LCD monitor and watch them at your computer. An HD tuner on anything less than 27" is a waste.

bread's done
Back