23.99....Borderlands 2 PC GAME Steam Digital Download

Be wary of buying from that site, as they are most likely Russian CD keys that must be activated through VPN (i.e. Steam will swing the banhammer hard).

[quote name='mac101010']Be wary of buying from that site, as they are most likely Russian CD keys that must be activated through VPN (i.e. Steam will swing the banhammer hard).[/QUOTE]

Maybe. However it says:

Languages Available: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish

I thought the Russian keys only had Russian language available.

[quote name='mac101010']Be wary of buying from that site, as they are most likely Russian CD keys that must be activated through VPN (i.e. Steam will swing the banhammer hard).[/QUOTE]

When redeeming on Steam, there were two games you can install.

Borderlands 2
Borderlands 2 RU

And now we wait...

These are Russian keys but don't require a VPN for activation.

Regardless, Valve can and does revoke game licenses if they feel you are skirting around regional pricing.

TL: DR; These keys will work, but there is SOME risk involved. Buyer beware.

[quote name='espy605']These are Russian keys but don't require a VPN for activation.

Regardless, Valve can and does revoke game licenses if they feel you are skirting around regional pricing.

TL: DR; These keys will work, but there is SOME risk involved. Buyer beware.[/QUOTE]

Ah okay. I must be thinking of another site, then.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I wish people would stop posting these illegal russian key resellers[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree. Since there is a potential for loss you might incur from this negates any real savings, people have had games revoked from their account, not sure that anyone has been banned from Steam. But this thread makes it perfectly clear Valve's stance on this.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2737033

(click the staff post button, or bottom of the 2nd page, ignore the moderator, but look to BurtonJ's post from Valve, a simple NO). Although obviously he is asking if he can buy them, presumably from Steam on the Russian side of the site, I would imagine it to be not too far of a leap to draw the conclusion if they don't want you to do it on the Steam side, they wouldn't want you to circumvent it outside of Steam as well.

I'm hoping without needlessly adding rules to the site we as a community can just stop posting these, again I understand the temptation, and I don't even blame the OP, but these threads at least need a "caveat emptor" thrown in, because quite frankly it is buyer beware, and at your own risk. Also I think someone mentioned this before, but if they have a picture of the cd-key and send that to you, they could potentially use this to compromise your account, I won't really get into the semantics of how this works, but needless to say that this constitutes a "proof of purchase" albiet one from out of your region, so YMMV, and I'm not trying to spread FUD. Especially because if they have the intent of staying is business, it isn't in good practice to thieve from those who give you money already lol, so again a lesser concern but still a potential nonetheless.

I would just like people to be informed if they do so decide to take the risk. They ought to know what they are signing themselves up for. Again, no offense to the OP or anyone who uses them regularly, I just think that people need to be aware.

I have over 300 russian games registered to my US steam account. No one gets banned period. And the only revoked game I have heard of is Modern Warfare 2 when it first released.

I have my own VPN connection, russian credit card, etc, and the games registered to my account are a mix of US/Ukraine/RU steam gifts and a dozen or so RU keys.

That said I'd stay away from this just because they overprice by about $8 over buying from russia. That and enough attention has been brought to this 'deal' that maybe it could turn into the next MW2. Though personally I think MW2 was a one-time deal, it was 1, Activison, 2, Their biggest and most hyped up release ever

Yes it is against the ToS but I've saved at least a thousand doing it too :)

Here's a crazy question...
Could a person in Russian legally buy the game-key and then just flat-out GIFT it to you?

I'd guess they'd have to have to buy it through Steam to be able to GIFT it directly to you, right...?

EDIT:
I don't recall being given the option to GIFT to someone, when you decide to ACTIVATE a Steam game-key you've gotten from a 3rd party place - i.e. Amazon DVG, GMG, Gamersgate, GameStop PC App (Impulse), etc.

[quote name='xRidley']I have over 300 russian games registered to my US steam account. No one gets banned period. And the only revoked game I have heard of is Modern Warfare 2 when it first released.

I have my own VPN connection, russian credit card, etc, and the games registered to my account are a mix of US/Ukraine/RU steam gifts and a dozen or so RU keys.

That said I'd stay away from this just because they overprice by about $8 over buying from russia. That and enough attention has been brought to this 'deal' that maybe it could turn into the next MW2. Though personally I think MW2 was a one-time deal, it was 1, Activison, 2, Their biggest and most hyped up release ever

Yes it is against the ToS but I've saved at least a thousand doing it too :)[/QUOTE]

...you have a russian credit card...?

that sounds like a bad idea.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']...you have a russian credit card...?

that sounds like a bad idea.[/QUOTE]

In Mother Russia, Credit Card Charge You!

This is like the 4th or 5th thread on this very retailer's Borderlands offer. The others, last I recall were mostly deleted. Perhaps its' time for the admins to clarify where they stand on CD-key places like this, if they haven't stated it somewhere already.

I'm pretty cd-key sites posts aren't allowed on cag. At least I always thought so.

There have been cases of people getting banned for VPN or steam key's bought from russian sites. I think Origin banned some people because a russian site was selling stolen keys (bought with stolen CC's). So use at your own risk.

Hope you like risking your Steam account for a few bucks off.
mw2-no-russian.png

[quote name='xRidley']I have over 300 russian games registered to my US steam account. No one gets banned period. And the only revoked game I have heard of is Modern Warfare 2 when it first released.

Yes it is against the ToS but I've saved at least a thousand doing it too :)[/QUOTE]

Y u say dat n u has Stem Accnt lnk in prof? =P

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mundosold

bread's done
Back