24.99 Legendary xbox 360 @ J and R 24.99

well yes and no... it needed work from what everyone said but not BROKEN like blacksite which is impossible to finish. but my friend has this and swears its still playable and good. he gets his but handed to him in it. But I like a challenge and he does to too.

This might be one of the worst shooters I have ever played. Wait a few more weeks for the inevitable drop to $20 or below on Amazon and elsewhere.

I'd wait for this to hit the bargain bins, just like Turning Point, Spark Unlimited's other recent failure. It's unfortunate, too, because they had two great ideas for first-person shooters and ruined them both. It seems Legendary got slightly better reviews than Turning Point, but that isn't saying much.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'd wait for this to hit the bargain bins, just like Turning Point, Spark Unlimited's other recent failure. It's unfortunate, too, because they had two great ideas for first-person shooters and ruined them both. It seems Legendary got slightly better reviews than Turning Point, but that isn't saying much.[/quote]
ya i'm with you on this one, 25 dollars for a broken game is too much

[quote name='knightbeauchamp']well yes and no... it needed work from what everyone said but not BROKEN like blacksite which is impossible to finish. but my friend has this and swears its still playable and good. he gets his but handed to him in it. But I like a challenge and he does to too.[/QUOTE]

I finished Blacksite, no problems ... and Turning Point and they weren't that bad for $10 games. :lol:

Legendary is not nearly as bad as the reviews would have you believe. I finished it and enjoyed it, but I would agree that most people should wait until it is less than $20.

[quote name='shipwreck']Legendary is not nearly as bad as the reviews would have you believe. I finished it and enjoyed it, but I would agree that most people should wait until it is less than $20.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it is that bad. When you have two systems (PS3 and 360) with such a wealth of great shooters, there is no reason to waste time or money on a game that was obviously rushed out the door. I got this when it first dropped to $30 and after playing it for an hour, concluded that I had been ripped off. It really is sad because it was a neat concept which was just really, really poorly executed.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, it is that bad. When you have two systems (PS3 and 360) with such a wealth of great shooters, there is no reason to waste time or money on a game that was obviously rushed out the door. I got this when it first dropped to $30 and after playing it for an hour, concluded that I had been ripped off. It really is sad because it was a neat concept which was just really, really poorly executed.[/QUOTE]

The first hour of the game is by far the worst part of the game. At least half of that hour, you don't even have a gun and you are just running through scripted events. That being said, of course there are a ton of better options as far as first-person shooters go. There are many worse options than this as well though.

[quote name='shipwreck']The first hour of the game is by far the worst part of the game. At least half of that hour, you don't even have a gun and you are just running through scripted events. That being said, of course there are a ton of better options as far as first-person shooters go. There are many worse options than this as well though.[/QUOTE]

I always think it's funny when people concede that the first hour or in some cases four hours (I think both of the Square 360 games last year had this problem) of a game is terrible, but somehow still conclude that the game is alright based on the rest. If you can't even get the first hour of a game right, why would anyone bother to play your game? It's like the most important function of a game to get that first hour right so the player is hooked. If you can't get it right, you have no business being a professional developer or charging anyone more than $5-$10 for your work. Unless you have unlimited time and money, there are always plenty of better options than this game and any of the others which are even worse on the 360 and PS3.

I played the demo and I actually liked it, but this game is obviously going to drop a lot more because of all the hate so it's a good idea to wait for it to drop more.

bread's done
Back