24 Day 6 Thread

Msia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Let the hype begin~

James Cromwell (LA Confidential / Star Trek: First Contact) and Eddie Izzard (Shadow of the Vampire) would be joining the cast. Cromwell, an Oscar nominee for his performance as Farmer Hoggett in Babe, will play a very notable role; Philip Bauer, the father of Kiefer Sutherland's Jack Bauer.

Acclaimed British comedian Izzard meanwhile will play a "villainous accomplice" named Darren McCarthy.

Other recently announced cast additions include Peter MacNicol (Numb3rs), Regina King (Jerry Maguire), Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle), Marisol Nichols (In Justice), Alexander Siddig (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) and Harry Lennix (Commander in Chief).

It is also known that Eric Balfour (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre) will return in his season one role of Milo Pressman, while Carlo Rota (introduced at the end of season five) will have an expanded role as Chloe's ex-husband Morris.

The press release announcing Cromwell and Izzard's addition to the cast also provides the biggest description yet of what returning characters will be involved this season, and where they are when we catch up with them, while still remaining vague enough to account for many 24 surprises to come.

[Basic season starter plot outline below including timeline]

"Season five concluded with a battered and bloodied Bauer captured by Chinese government agents and headed for points unknown. Season six picks up 20 months later. Wayne Palmer (DB Woodside), the strong-minded brother of the late President David Palmer, is now himself the President of the United States, while his sister, Sandra Palmer (Regina King), is a determined and powerful advocacy lawyer. After a series of horrific terrorist attacks, Palmer and his team of advisors, Karen Hayes (Jayne Atkinson) and Thomas Lennox (Peter MacNicol) - as well as CTU colleagues Chloe O'Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub), Curtis Manning (Roger Cross) and Bill Buchanan (James Morrison) - begin an unthinkable, nail-biting day."

No spoilers for me, but Chloe's ex was easily one of the worst characters of Season 5, right up there with that one Hobbit's character.. what was it, Lynn? Pfft.

And Milo? Talk about a big WTF, but awesome that they're going to fill a plot hole.. ish

So are they going to show Jack escape from them or what? If so, that is going to be badass, to watch him have to escape himself, since he knows no ones coming after him. Bwa ha ha ha ha.

i don't rember the name, so it might have been listed in the op, but chloe is going to have a new female boss. The two of them are supposed to have a lot of friction.

Some definite interesting news there for this next season. But for the life of me I can't remeber Milo's role in season 1 was...ould someone enlighten me again on how he fit in to the show?

thanks,
bill123

[quote name='Scorch']No spoilers for me, but Chloe's ex was easily one of the worst characters of Season 5...[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The guy was a complete douche.

I think Milo was the tall computer dude. The first Edgar. He just up and disappeared. I think he had a lead role in some lame cop show based in Hawaii around that time.

I'm not too sure how Eddie Izzard is going to fit in here.

Overall, I can't wait for Bauer to return. This is gonna be hot, Hot, HOT!

[quote name='jPoD']Yeah. The guy was a complete douche.[/QUOTE]

agreed. He was very wimpy as well and it still dosn't make sense why she would fall for a guy like that while she had an ex-husband with a great accent.

Ok, I've never seen 24 (although I do have the first season laying around from when it was $12 at Best Buy), but I do have some questions:

1. Are these days (seasons) all in a row, and if so:
A) When does he go to the bathroom or eat
B) Why doesn't he sleep?
C) Come on, could he really have all that action in one day, let alone SIX STRAIGHT DAYS?!?!?!
2. Since it's not REALLY in real-time (the show is 44 minutes, allowing for commercials), what happens in the 16 minutes gone from each episode?
3. Why is Kiefer Sutherland always getting into these crazy schemes? Isn't there any one else to do the saving the day job?
4. How can there be a romantic angle started and wrapped up in one season if it's really only one a day? A little far-fetched don't you think?

That is all.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Ok, I've never seen 24 (although I do have the first season laying around from when it was $12 at Best Buy), but I do have some questions:

B) Why doesn't he sleep?
C) Come on, could he really have all that action in one day, let alone SIX STRAIGHT DAYS?!?!?!
2. Since it's not REALLY in real-time (the show is 44 minutes, allowing for commercials), what happens in the 16 minutes gone from each episode?
3. Why is Kiefer Sutherland always getting into these crazy schemes? Isn't there any one else to do the saving the day job?
4. How can there be a romantic angle started and wrapped up in one season if it's really only one a day? A little far-fetched don't you think?

That is all.[/QUOTE]

What, do you expect to be handed the answers on a silver platter?

Answers 1-6: Go watch the show!

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Ok, I've never seen 24 (although I do have the first season laying around from when it was $12 at Best Buy), but I do have some questions:

B) Why doesn't he sleep?

That is all.[/quote]

the seasons usually take place a year or two apart.

Jack Bauer doesnt go to the bathroom

I knew the answers so I figured I'd answer.

First thing, someone asked about where Milo went, why it was a loophole -- there's no loophole. CTU was understaffed, and Milo was hired as a freelance agent to come in and work. He never worked for CTU, he was just a known computer expert, so they called him to contract him for that day. Once the Palmer assassination event ended, he went back to being a freelance expert, outside of being CTU.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']

B) Why doesn't he sleep?

That is all.[/QUOTE]

1. They aren't in a row. Each season has about 1 - 3 years between them. It's usually specified in the first episode.

A) The bathroom has been shown every so often. In season 2, episode one, the episode ends showing him leave the bathroom. At another point in this season, we see him in the bathroom with his boss (Mason), talking. Granted, we don't see him on screen at all times, so it's speculated that he does some of that during the time off-screen. Same thing for eating; but they have had scenes where they show characters eating (there was one with Palmer in S3 that was cut because it looked awkward with him eating lunch during the crisis -- I think they actually just moved the camera up and took the plate out of frame).

B) He does sleep, but not during those days. They're really long. The only time I've ever seen him nod off during one of the seasons is in season one, I think it's around 8AM, he nods off while holding a woman hostage after escaping custody. Other than that ... well, there's too much shit going on.

C) Probably not, but it's TV so whatever.

2. The 16- 17 minutes is cut out during the commercial breaks, at which point they actually speed up the clock. For example, a commercial starts at 2:11AM, when we get back from the commercial it may be 2:16AM. The five minutes are cut from what we see, though it's still happening in the character's lives. Typically it's during slow, unimportant points in the plot.

3. Because Jack pwnz. It'd be nice if someone else took over for once though.

4. Typically the romantic angles aren't that detailed. Season one, he's married. Season two, he meets her. They don't kiss, date, anything. Season 3 picks up 3 years later and the girl from season two has broken up with him. Also this season we find out he already has a new interest, but she bites the dust. Season 4 starts with him dating a women very steadily already. Season five includes the same woman. It's not like they're meeting then suddenly together over the course of one day -- typically we start a season with Jack already in a relationship, or he's meeting a new interest.

Fwahh ... yeah, so, don't get me wrong, there are tons of plotholes etc. and no way is it realistic, but it's good TV.

B) Why doesn't he sleep?

That is all.[/quote]

sigh...i hate when people ask questions that can be easily answered by looking it up or even watching a few episodes...

JUST WATCH THE DAMN SHOW...sit down in front of the tv and pop in the dvd and prepare to be hooked...unless you really dont care for this type of show which from the look of it, you don't:cry: you are about 4 years late to the party

Well, considering we don't see him eat or drink very much, Bauer doesn't have to go to the bathroom as often. It's very likely he goes during the commericals or something.

As for the new season, I just wonder whether we will see Bauer in the first couple episodes.

bread's done
Back