24" monitor info request

bmsdaddy

CAGiversary!
I know about the 24" Dell, Gateway, and Acer monitors. I am looking for info regarding the 24" LG and Westinghouse monitors. The LG website has a little info and the Westinghouse website has none about theirs. Just curious if anybody has come across anything regarding the LG or Westinghouse. Just picked up the Gateway but if the LG or Westinghouse have some features/performance advantages I might return the Gateway. I do know the LG is $20 more and the Westinghouse is $30 less than the Gateway at Best Buy anyway. Best Buy is the place I am going to make the purchase as I received $475 in giftcards as a reward from my employer.

I like the Dell, but as mentioned in my post I have $475 in Best Buy gift cards that I want to use on the monitor.

I bought the Westy 24". I own a 37" 1080p Westy and a 22" Westy and I've been happy with both so I figured... why not?

It looks fine. It's super bright. Only thing that's kinda weird is that it doesn't have a DVI port. Instead you get an HDMI port. So you have to use a DVI to HDMI cable... which is weird for a PC. AND it doesn't come with that DVI->HDMI cable. Which sucks. Also the monitor doesn't seem to turn itself off when the computer goes to sleep. The monitor just glows bright blue until you turn it off.

I'd stick with the Gateway.

Thanks for the info. Thanks to some stacking of coupons I was able to get the Dell for $567.70 plus tax (and less a 3% cashback). Comes with a three year warranty (the others I was considering came with one year unless you pay $100 to extend). Despite the $475 Best Buy gift card I couldn't pass on the price. I had already purchased the 24" Gateway but hadn't opened it. When I initially purchased it I use the $475 gift card and $300 cash (purchased other items too). The customer service lady said I could get me refund entirely on a gift card, in the form of a check mailed from corporate offices, of she could put it all on my visa check card. Of course I took it all on my check card! That was like cashing in my gift card! So as it turns out I still was able to use it for my monitor.

[quote name='bmsdaddy']Thanks for the info. Thanks to some stacking of coupons I was able to get the Dell for $567.70 plus tax (and less a 3% cashback). Comes with a three year warranty (the others I was considering came with one year unless you pay $100 to extend). Despite the $475 Best Buy gift card I couldn't pass on the price. I had already purchased the 24" Gateway but hadn't opened it. When I initially purchased it I use the $475 gift card and $300 cash (purchased other items too). The customer service lady said I could get me refund entirely on a gift card, in the form of a check mailed from corporate offices, of she could put it all on my visa check card. Of course I took it all on my check card! That was like cashing in my gift card! So as it turns out I still was able to use it for my monitor.[/QUOTE]

congrats dude, my friend has the 24 and loves it.

The Dell is AWESOME! Ordered on Tues the 20th and received on Thurs the 22nd and that was with free delivery. I sold my PC and old Dell 20.1" widescreen to my Brother-in-law so I have it connected to my wife's PC. Hers isn't as powerful as my old PC but I may have to try some older games on it. Going to get a new PC for myself soon. Was planning on waiting until next months expected Intel price drops but the temptation is high with this new monitor.

Congrats, its a great monitor. I take advantage of the multiple inputs (component, vga, dvi, composite etc..) very good monitor. I'm glad you seem happy about it :)!

bread's done
Back