"24" Seasons 1-7: $9.99 each @ Best Buy

Feral Lynx

CAGiversary!
Hey fellow CAGs! Sorry if this was posted already, but I just thought that some of you would like to know that Best Buy has seasons 1 through 7 of "24" on DVD on sale for $9.99 each. The last I checked, seasons 1, 6, and 7 are already sold out online, but are available for store pick-up. The sale ends tomorrow.

Season 1 - $9.99:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/24%3A+Season+1+%5B6+Discs%5D+-+Widescreen+Subtitle+-+DVD/8383894.p?id=1628139&skuId=8383894&st=24 season 1&lp=1&cp=1

Season 2 - $9.99:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/24:+Sea...628140&skuId=8383929&st=24 season 2&lp=2&cp=1

Season 3 - $9.99:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/24:+Sea...628142&skuId=8383938&st=24 season 3&lp=1&cp=1

Season 4 - $9.99:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/24:+Sea...628148&skuId=8384045&st=24 season 4&lp=2&cp=1

Season 5 - $9.99:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/24:+Sea...571240&skuId=8043388&st=24 season 5&lp=1&cp=1

Season 6 - $9.99:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/24:+Sea...645476&skuId=8383876&st=24 season 6&lp=3&cp=1

Season 7 - $9.99:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/24:+Sea...951072&skuId=9210043&st=24 season 7&lp=1&cp=1

These are the DVDs only?

This is a worthless deal as this series was filmed and distributed in high definition from the beginning.

[quote name='Xizer']These are the DVDs only?

This is a worthless deal as this series was filmed and distributed in high definition from the beginning.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... don't see why it's worthless. Even though these are DVDs, you won't find new copies anywhere for as low as $9.99.

Well for starters Xizer, seeing as how Fox didn't start broadcasting in HD until 2004 - three years after 24 premiered, I doubt 24 has been in HD since day 1.

For seconds, only seasons 7 and 8 are out on Blu-Ray, so $10 for a season is a good deal.

Thirdly, fuck off.

Fourthly, the only travesty is that the season 1 extended release is only available in that ugly tin box and not the new plastic cases.

[quote name='Feral Lynx']Hmm... don't see why it's worthless. Even though these are DVDs, you won't find new copies anywhere for as low as $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Why would you pay money for an inferior version when better quality copies are available for free? It makes no sense and certainly doesn't fit the motto of this site - "Cheap" Ass Gamer.

[quote name='Porksta']Well for starters Xizer, seeing as how Fox didn't start broadcasting in HD until 2004 - three years after 24 premiered, I doubt 24 has been in HD since day 1.

For seconds, only seasons 7 and 8 are out on Blu-Ray, so $10 for a season is a good deal.

Thirdly, fuck off.

Fourthly, the only travesty is that the season 1 extended release is only available in that ugly tin box and not the new plastic cases.[/QUOTE]

The only travesty here is that not all seasons are available on Blu-ray. $10 is not a good deal when the content is available in higher quality for free elsewhere.

Your post reeks of dumbassery - hardly surprising since you're clearly a DVD buyer.

[quote name='Xizer']These are the DVDs only?

This is a worthless deal as this series was filmed and distributed in high definition from the beginning.[/QUOTE]
Actually you are quite wrong and only 2 seasons are on blu-ray with no current plans on releasing the entire series on blu, isn't the first time FOX has stopped distrubing series on blu-ray.

doubt we will ever see the rest of the series on blu, along with house and other shows, i don't think they even released lie to me S2 on blu-ray.

[quote name='Xizer']Why would you pay money for an inferior version when better quality copies are available for free? It makes no sense and certainly doesn't fit the motto of this site - "Cheap" Ass Gamer.

The only travesty here is that not all seasons are available on Blu-ray. $10 is not a good deal when the content is available in higher quality for free elsewhere.

Your post reeks of dumbassery - hardly surprising since you're clearly a DVD buyer.[/QUOTE]
You cannot get the series anywhere else legally for FREE unless it's on FOX's website or hulu, even then both are awful in compression with massive artifacts, along with netflix.

if you are referring to 720p rips you can't find all those online, 9.99 for 24 episode seasons is an AMAZING deal, to think otherwise is ignorant, pirating isn't FREE it's illegal.

show me where i can get superior versions ON disc without the internet, you can't.

[quote name='Xizer']Why would you pay money for an inferior version when better quality copies are available for free? It makes no sense and certainly doesn't fit the motto of this site - "Cheap" Ass Gamer.

Your post reeks of dumbassery - hardly surprising since you're clearly a DVD buyer.[/QUOTE]

The motto is "Cheap" Ass Gamer, not "Thieving" Ass Gamer.

[quote name='styl3s']
if you are referring to 720p rips you can't find all those online, 9.99 for 24 episode seasons is an AMAZING deal, to think otherwise is ignorant, pirating isn't FREE it's illegal.

show me where i can get superior versions ON disc without the internet, you can't.[/QUOTE]

Legality is irrelevant. Only in your silly United States is piracy of 24 illegal. Typical of you 300 million Americans to think your laws apply to the 7 billion people present on this planet.

[quote name='Porksta']The motto is "Cheap" Ass Gamer, not "Thieving" Ass Gamer.[/QUOTE]

Might as well be Thieving Ass Gamer with some of the tricks I've seen posted on here. Getting Toy Story 1, 2 and The Princess and the Frog on Blu-ray for a dollar because of unintentional pre-order tricks? You know that store is actually losing money on that sale. Pirating those movies would have cost the company less money.

I bet one day we'll get a complete box set of the TV series/TV movie in Blu. FOX is too busy changing the DVD packaging for each season multiple times to worry about Blu at the moment. I think Season 1 alone has had 4 different DVD boxes.

[quote name='kodave']I bet one day we'll get a complete box set of the TV series/TV movie in Blu. FOX is too busy changing the DVD packaging for each season multiple times to worry about Blu at the moment. I think Season 1 alone has had 4 different DVD boxes.[/QUOTE]

That day is December 14, 2010. It's DVD-only, though.

I honestly don't see them releasing back seasons on Blu-ray. Season 1 looks weird even in widescreen. I remember seeing a cameraman once or twice off to the side. Ooooops.

[quote name='takotchi']I honestly don't see them releasing back seasons on Blu-ray. Season 1 looks weird even in widescreen. I remember seeing a cameraman once or twice off to the side. Ooooops.[/QUOTE]

The first three seasons were done more for 4x3 standard since the split screen stuff never went outside the 4x3 standard framing. From season 4 onwards they started to use the 16x9 Widescreen framing far more.

[quote name='Demolition Man']The first three seasons were done more for 4x3 standard since the split screen stuff never went outside the 4x3 standard framing. From season 4 onwards they started to use the 16x9 Widescreen framing far more.[/QUOTE]

Well, that makes sense. I got all the seasons a few years ago for like $2 each (anybody remember that deal?) but I stopped rewatching at S4.

Great show, but stopped following 2 years ago.

I can confirm that seasons 1-5 are awesome for anyone who hasn't watched it though.

[quote name='joker______']this is a great deal i highly recommend season 5 the best one in my honest opinion[/QUOTE]

Season 5 was my favorite as well! As if it weren't already tough for Bauer, this season was when things really took a turn for the worst. Overall though, this show is a masterpiece, and it was my only reason for watching television. Such a shame that Fox decided to can it earlier this year :cry:.

Anyway, I also jumped on the deal when I saw it on Sunday. I have a scheduled store pick up for Seasons 6 and 7. Now all we need is a price reduction for season 8! :drool:

bread's done
Back