240 More Portal P-Body Guns Up at Midnight Tonight 6/6

I have the Orignal, and a P-Body preorder. And honestly for selfish reasons, I hope they do re-make both. My friends and I want to go as a mass of test subjects for halloween and to cons.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']hell yah hope they reprint the chell gun so us fans can get the trifecta collection once atlas comes out. wheres that gbastar dude he ain't gonna be happy about this lol[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? I already made my money and I have one to call my own.

If you're too dumb to preorder something, or you don't pay enough attention to know when an item is being produced or being put up for preorder then you're not a true fan and you have no right to own one.

I honestly could care less if they mass produce this or anything else they originally put a limited production run on. In the long run it'll hurt their reputation more then it is going to hurt my wallet.

NECA is a few bad decisions away from becoming the hasbro of toy collectibles

lol how else are you going to make a living if they mass produce these? some of us have a real job and don't have time to sit on the computer counting down the seconds until the deal goes live so you can scoop up 10 and put it up on ebay for the suckers. so how many of these have u sold? 10, 20?

[quote name='GBAstar']What are you talking about? I already made my money and I have one to call my own.

If you're too dumb to preorder something, or you don't pay enough attention to know when an item is being produced or being put up for preorder then you're not a true fan and you have no right to own one.

I honestly could care less if they mass produce this or anything else they originally put a limited production run on. In the long run it'll hurt their reputation more then it is going to hurt my wallet.

NECA is a few bad decisions away from becoming the hasbro of toy collectibles[/QUOTE]

Ordered myself one. Will look great in my game room. Could care less how many they are making. Don't understand the hubbub with them producing more then 5000, but I'm not a collector so that doesn't bother me.

Wow, what a bunch of preachy bullshit in this whole thread. Buy one if you like it and don't buy it if you don't like it. Stop cussing out everyone whose opinion differs from your own, and stop cussing out a business for trying to please fans and make money.

I think the problem people are having here is that this was limited to 5000. This was limited, thus rising it's value. Yeah sure you'll have eBay scalpers, but when don't you?

The point is NECA is now bullshitting this and making additionals. If NECA didn't plan this to be a limited run of 5,000 they shouldn't have advertised it as such.

I for one partially agree that it's good they are making more for those that didn't get a chance to get in on the action, but on the other hand you have to understand people actually buy this because its limited and not something you'll see daily. That's what NECA's selling point is, if this ends up being something I'll see every day, I don't see the point in paying $160 for it. Especially since I already own the Chell gun. I'm pretty sure limited was what was selling guns for NECA, take that out of the equation and you'll start seeing them for $100 in a few months.

[quote name='Youngnoble']If emailing them doesn't work (it will don't worry), just order another one. they'll be forced to cancel both.[/QUOTE]
:applause:
That's got to be the funniest cancellation loophole since the creation of the internet, and 100% true unless they're lying about that as well.

ya instead of emailing i went ahead and ordered 2, both have been processed and are "uneditable" so we'll see if they were serious or not. At this point i think they are just counting the profit enough to care who they are shipping to, Worst thing that will happen is I will have two p-body guns... Damn I hope I dont get stuck with two, although i think demand might rise around halloween, maybe, hopefully?

well yeah i see what you guys are saying about the 5000 quantities dat kinda mess up. I think they should have mass produced these in the first place and maybe partnered with valve and create some sort of collector's edition with like a stealbook game and artbook. that would have been bad ass. I hope some of the resellers cancel on amazon so i can nab one so i can save some money on shipping expensive:cry:!! My sons gonna get a kick out of this, he loves portal :D

Those stripes really kill it for me... soooo ugly :(

If it was the original, I would have ordered instantly. This one, I have it all ready to submit, but I am just so hesitant.

Wow, still not sold out? Surprising, but at the same time, not.

Was anyone else who bought the original disappointed with the quality? It feels very flimsy and breakable.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Wow, still not sold out? Surprising, but at the same time, not.

Was anyone else who bought the original disappointed with the quality? It feels very flimsy and breakable.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly how I felt, it looks good on display, but the moment you hold it. It just feels too light, and the arms are wobbly. The reason I bought the original was because I had that nostalgia vibe from the gun, figured I'd pay premium for it because it was a limited run.

I definitely wouldn't have paid $160 if it was a mass produced gun, since it feels like just a light step up from your typical nerf gun.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Wow, still not sold out? Surprising, but at the same time, not.

Was anyone else who bought the original disappointed with the quality? It feels very flimsy and breakable.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree. It's what I expected. I mean, it'd be heavy as hell if it was made of anything other than plastic.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Off topic, but I wonder how much a custom glass case for the Chell gun would cost. Anybody got one made?[/QUOTE]

hey dats not a bad idea i think it would be fairly expensive to have someone make custom one. i work in construction and signage so i can probably peace together a case with clear acrylic plastic and a alum base from leftovers at the workshop. safer and cheaper then glass.

145 left per the page... I almost want one, but would have rather had the first version (limited or not). Think I'll pass.

Hmmm.. don't think I like the extras being made. I preordered from amazon the day they opened preorders, but I liked my limited goodies to be limited. I honestly don't think I would like my Oni Link or Skull Kid statues as much if you could just walk in and get one from any comic store. The fact they are numbered and limited and numbered are important.

This will probably still be real hard to find. I didn't know about yesterdays until after it was sold out and didn't know about it today until right now. Most people aren't probably looking for it at the moment.

I already have a Chell one so I will have to think as it gets closer to see if I want to cancel.

I grabbed one and cancelled mine over at bigbadtoystore.com...

It is kind of shady to create an additional 240, I'll admit, but 5240 isn't that significantly different than 5000. Now if they stated they'd produce an additional 2500 or so, I'd be angry if I was one of the initial 5000.

Now gimme my gun.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']I grabbed one and cancelled mine over at bigbadtoystore.com...

It is kind of shady to create an additional 240, I'll admit, but 5240 isn't that significantly different than 5000. Now if they stated they'd produce an additional 2500 or so, I'd be angry if I was one of the initial 5000.

Now gimme my gun.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, percentage wise, it's not that big of a deal. But what's to stop them from making 2400 more? or 5000 more?

Anyone else who cancelled, please let us know if your request was granted.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, percentage wise, it's not that big of a deal. But what's to stop them from making 2400 more? or 5000 more?[/QUOTE]

Simple - lack of demand will stop them. The fact that there are still 110 available for pre-order (as of a minute ago) implies to me that demand is pretty close to sated for them. Resellers have as many as they think they can sell, and most collectors have their orders in.

Personally, I'd be happy if they were willing to make enough to exactly meet demand. That way, everyone who actually wants one can get one, while hoarding resellers get screwed with stock that'll sit in their inventory for a long time (since the market is sated). The items are still limited - they only make enough to fill demand - so there's still some rarity. Seems fair to me.

well, sure. But if demand is there, they will keep making them, which means they're not anywhere limited to the original 5000.

As for making exactly how much there is to meet demand: that's an impossible task. No company has ever been able to make exactly how much there was to meet demand. Because demand fluctuates.

[quote name='confoosious']well, sure. But if demand is there, they will keep making them, which means they're not anywhere limited to the original 5000.

As for making exactly how much there is to meet demand: that's an impossible task. No company has ever been able to make exactly how much there was to meet demand. Because demand fluctuates.[/QUOTE]

Just think, some people paid 150.00 for Skyrim Collector's Edition :)

I know what you're saying, and I'm sure the (appropriate) backlash from some customers will cause them to think twice about a. upping the production run again and b. advertising something as a limited run and then increasing it.

Technically, they are probably in shady legal territory by doing so as exclusivity was part of the appeal.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Just think, some people paid 150.00 for Skyrim Collector's Edition :)

I know what you're saying, and I'm sure the (appropriate) backlash from some customers will cause them to think twice about a. upping the production run again and b. advertising something as a limited run and then increasing it.

Technically, they are probably in shady legal territory by doing so as exclusivity was part of the appeal.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it probably doesn't matter except maybe to win my credit card dispute if it comes to that.

I wonder if they'll say "ooops, we didn't mean the 240 was in addition to, it's still only 5000 total!" It's not like someone is going to count.

[quote name='confoosious']well, sure. But if demand is there, they will keep making them, which means they're not anywhere limited to the original 5000.

As for making exactly how much there is to meet demand: that's an impossible task. No company has ever been able to make exactly how much there was to meet demand. Because demand fluctuates.[/QUOTE]

Yes, demand fluctuates, but I'm happy that they're willing to make more if demand increases. And you're right - there is no upper-limit on how many they produce; this is true of any creator. However, they're pandering to such a small market that I think the rarity question is moot - they'll never make enough of these to make them "common" because it's rare to find people that'd spend $140 for one of these.

I guess we approach this from two different perspectives - you value scarcity, whereas I value getting neat stuff into the hands of as many people that want it.

It doesn't matter to me how many they produce. But they should keep their word or not say anything in the first place. They specifically said 5000. To make more is shady.

[quote name='confoosious']It doesn't matter to me how many they produce. But they should keep their word or not say anything in the first place. They specifically said 5000. To make more is shady.[/QUOTE]

You're certainly right, there's an integrity issue there.

And I like the yellow stripe, but I like fun/sporty cars, so that's probably why. When I go through portals, I go through FAST!

I was pumped to order this at 6am this morning before work. hell, there is still 98 of them left now. guess there was no need to rush. haha. im just glad i got one

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']You're certainly right, there's an integrity issue there.

And I like the yellow stripe, but I like fun/sporty cars, so that's probably why. When I go through portals, I go through FAST![/QUOTE]

Wait.. doesn't a yellow stripe mean you like to get pee'd on? j/k

Anyways I think it's awesome that NECA couldn't sell this 240 allotment. If you read through their facebook posts (the ones that haven't been magically erased) there is a lot of upset customers between how they shipped the original portal guns, how they are making more of this version and what they've done with the gremlins production.

Now I'm surprised... this is kind of disappointing that they aren't in as big of demand. They sold out so quickly the other day and the first day I wonder how come they suddenly aren't as in demand at the moment. Did they hit that saturation point where the people who will pay 160 for a toy are all tapped out?

got my refund as well.

and no i'm not a flipper, I just think that NECA's handling of the situation could have been better.

I'm sure if you wanted to flip these, you could still make a good chunk of change on them. (God knows people on here would flip for a $3 profit..)

I just didn't want to support this move and let them know it. (Even though it won't make a whit of difference.)

[quote name='GBAstar']...there is a lot of upset customers between how they shipped the original portal guns, how they are making more of this version and what they've done with the gremlins production.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what did they do to the Gremlins production?

[quote name='basis']got my refund as well.

and no i'm not a flipper, I just think that NECA's handling of the situation could have been better.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I emailed them for order cancellation and refund as well. Seems shady that you can't cancel a preorder that doesn't ship for almost a month on their site.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, percentage wise, it's not that big of a deal. But what's to stop them from making 2400 more? or 5000 more?

Anyone else who cancelled, please let us know if your request was granted.[/QUOTE]

I just sent them an email requesting cancellation along with my reason and they refunded me near instantaneously. I'm not even joking it must have been 1 minute later I got the refund email.

[quote name='starscream615']I just sent them an email requesting cancellation along with my reason and they refunded me near instantaneously. I'm not even joking it must have been 1 minute later I got the refund email.[/QUOTE]

I think it's just one dude named Leo who does the refunds and customer service.

I see they haven't sold out of the extra allotment yet.

ONE TWO PER CUSTOMER/HOUSEHOLD!

[quote name='Dokstarr']So crazy that it is just sitting at like 80 something left.....[/QUOTE]

It was funny, when they refunded me the number went up from 81 to 82.

For anyone interested, Neca specified on their facebook that this batch of 240 is in fact part of the original 5,000. They claim that no extras will be made of either Chell's or P- Body's.

bread's done
Back