$25 Credit w/ Halo 4 Pre-order @ MSFT Online Store

johnnyhala

CAG Veteran
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Halo4

I saw this at the Microsoft online store, pre-order Halo 4 through them and you get a $25 credit toward a future purchase. I saw this while looking at the Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

Unfortunately, it's a code that's emailed to you about in about 10 days, but the shipping is free on Halo 4 (Idk if shipping is free on the later purchase).

I checked the fine print again.

The $25 credit is not sent to you 10 days after pre-order but rather 10 days prior to Halo 4's Release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for a deal from someplace else - nothing against MS but I'm never going to buy anything else from their store so the credit does me no good.

I canceled my amazon preorder and jumped on this deal. Waited long enough for them to pricematch, and Best Buy's gift card offer is only for GC members ($15 to join). Can use it on MS points or the War Games Map Pack Access, though I'm hoping AC3 will go on sale till Black Friday.

In store they have it as well, and it's also on the Limited Edition.edit: after doing a quick look online, looks like maybe I should've taken a photo of the promo

[quote name='Mugatu']Still waiting for a deal from someplace else - nothing against MS but I'm never going to buy anything else from their store so the credit does me no good.[/QUOTE]

You could get Kindle gift cards with it so you can have Amazon credit but whatever floats your boat.

You guys need to check the fine print. If I recall from the last time I checked when the previous thread was made, you have a very short window to use that $25 credit before it expires. It's not like Amazon credit where you have a whole year to use it up. It was something ridiculously short and hence I passed on the deal.

[quote name='Mugatu']Still waiting for a deal from someplace else - nothing against MS but I'm never going to buy anything else from their store so the credit does me no good.[/QUOTE]

You aren't thinking of this in CAG fashion. You are reducing your price by $25! And if you end up buying something else you save $25 off that. Which means Halo is only costing you $10!!!

;) :)

[quote name='crunchewy']You aren't thinking of this in CAG fashion. You are reducing your price by $25! And if you end up buying something else you save $25 off that. Which means Halo is only costing you $10!!!

;) :)[/QUOTE]

LOL , that's why companies offer a credit instead of directly discounting the price.

That and sometimes people forget to use it.

[quote name='CaseX']You guys need to check the fine print. If I recall from the last time I checked when the previous thread was made, you have a very short window to use that $25 credit before it expires. It's not like Amazon credit where you have a whole year to use it up. It was something ridiculously short and hence I passed on the deal.[/QUOTE]

I read the fine print, it's the last day of December. At the very least I can use it for MS points. Plus Black Friday and Cyber Monday are coming, they had some good deals last year

[quote name='black_hand313']I read the fine print, it's the last day of December. At the very least I can use it for MS points. Plus Black Friday and Cyber Monday are coming, they had some good deals last year[/QUOTE]

If you have something to buy, then it's a good deal.

I've pre-ordered a couple of games. Plan to get AC3 from Amazon's Black Friday/Cyber Monday like every year. And other games I want are releasing in 2013. Already have over 10k in pts from previous sales. 4+ years of Live Gold. Nothing I need, really. Lol.

I preordered this a while ago thanks to another post, will use on a 4000 MS Points card. Also preordered at BB to get the litho, gonna have to remember to cancel that one lol

I want to go for this deal, but I'm afraid about how long it might take to ship to me. I don't think I could go more than a day or two after its release.

bread's done
Back