25% off all items @ shop.gamesboro.net - MY GIFT TO CAG!

anji2128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Dear fellow cheapasses:

My name is Mike. Today I'm here to present to you, the greatest video game shopping experience of your life. I'm the assistant manager of a small video game store called Gamesboro located in Statesboro, GA and we are launching our ENTIRE STORES INVENTORY online! Each of our staff members have chosen an online community to share our new online store with, and I have chosen Cheapassgamer. I've been a member of this community for almost 2 years and you all have helped to keep me informed on the latest deals happening in the video game industry and I'd like to help contribute back. So to you my fellow CAG members, I'm presenting a code that allows you to SAVE 25% ON ALL ITEMS in our online store.

Our online store is completely dynamic and it changes on a second to second basis depending on transactions made in store. This is completely new, and something that we hope you on CAG will appreciate. We're here to share with you the thrill of shopping in a small town video game store online. We carry games for almost every system in existance. We have games for the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, Sega Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, NEC Turbografx-16, Sony Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Microsoft Xbox, and Xbox 360. We accept paypal, and offer $5 flat rate shipping on however many items you want to purchase inside of the United States.

We have several rare titles that we're looking forward to you purchasing, here's a few of the highlights: Earthbound, Mega Man 5, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Mega Man Legends 2 and Lunar 2.

Aside from our online store, we have a full fledged community-based website, where you can keep up with latest store news and new products. We also have a forum if you dare to chit the chat with our store's denizens. If you live in the Southeast area and are a competitive gamer, you can checkout our scheduled tournaments and events. Some of the previous tournaments we've held are: Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Super Street Fighter IV, Tekken 5 DR, The Sega Genesis Cup (part of the MegaDrive World Championships [Also, my team has won this event every year]), Shaq Fu, Super Smash Bros Brawl and several other games!

This store is a dream of mine and I hope you appreciate it and enjoy it as much as I do.

Gamesboro's online store is located at: http://shop.gamesboro.net

Thanks for reading all of this and here's what you've been waiting for...the discount code!

CAG 25% Off Code: CAG250614

This code will be active for 5/29/10 - 6/14/10.
Please keep in mind, that this site is still a work in progress, if we have an item listed with no image, we assure you we still have the item for sale, we just haven't uploaded the image yet. Also, just because a game's picture is a black label version of a game doesn't necessarily mean the one we have in stock is, so be sure to ask!
If you have any questions pertaining to the condition of any item for sale, or any question in general, feel free to contact us via the "Contact Us" button on the site.

Thanks for reading and enjoy! Let the games begin!

- Michael Platt (anji2128)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']What's shipping like?[/QUOTE]

Shipping is $5 flat rate. You could order 100 games and it won't increase what you're paying for shipping, so I suggest buying a lot. =D

You should PM Cheapy before shilling the site.. but yeah, the site looks good! Prices aren't bad either.

I would definitely order a lot of older games if you could say whether or not the case and manual are included. Especially something like Earthbound.

Games don't necessarily include their cases and manuals. Most of the non-Genesis/Master System games don't.
@ Scorch: Earthbound is cart only.

[quote name='Velo214']I still have those scratch n sniff cards from Earthbound, lol.[/QUOTE]

WANT. I have the strategy guide but not the scratch n sniff cards. Even better if they're still on one sheet!!!

[quote name='chrollo']5 dollars shipping kills it add a free shipping code and then i might get something[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind the $5 shipping is a total, not per item. I personally feel the 25% discount is more beneficial IMO. Spending $20 online basically will give you "free shipping". So just keep that in mind. I can understand though if you're only wanting like one or two items that are only $5 bucks a pop. Perhaps "free shipping" will happen in the future.

For me personally, it would help me decide to purchase something if I knew which specific games have the original case and instruction manuals (for the newer systems).

[quote name='heratio']For me personally, it would help me decide to purchase something if I knew which specific games have the original case and instruction manuals (for the newer systems).[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='anji2128']
If you have any questions pertaining to the condition of any item for sale, or any question in general, feel free to contact us via the "Contact Us" button on the site. [/QUOTE]

If you'd rather get in contact with me personally, feel free to PM on here about whatever item you're looking at. I'll be more than happy to help.

[quote name='heratio']For me personally, it would help me decide to purchase something if I knew which specific games have the original case and instruction manuals (for the newer systems).[/QUOTE]
This! estarland has games listed and tells you what they come with. I would recommend a listing on each item telling wether they have box, manual ect. This is important to us gamers/collectors. You said this site is a work in progress so this is something that will make you alot more popular and make our (the customers) shopping experience much better. And we wouldn't have to cross our fingers that we get anything but disc/cart only.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']This! estarland has games listed and tells you what they come with. I would recommend a listing on each item telling wether they have box, manual ect. This is important to us gamers/collectors. You said this site is a work in progress so this is something that will make you alot more popular and make our (the customers) shopping experience much better. And we wouldn't have to cross our fingers that we get anything but disc/cart only.[/QUOTE]

I understand. I feel the same way. Here's part of the reason why we can't list all that info online all the time.
Gamesboro is a physical store location. Our online store is directly connected to our physical stores inventory. As soon as a game is processed through a trade-in, it's automated to appear on our online store. Unfortunately the way our POS is set up, we aren't given the options to fill in the data per item that would list whether or not we had the manual or box with each item we get in. The best we can do really at the moment is to answer messages you send to our "Contact Us" link. I'm also keeping a close eye on my mailbox here on CAG if you have any questions about items. I'm pretty much the inventory honcho at the store (thus my label on our forum of "Inventory Masta Blasta"), so I have a lot of knowledge about the condition of most of the items at the store, especially the high dollar and super popular items.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but at the time it's the best we can do. I'm trying to help offer you the best deals on these items that I can.
Thanks!

I think the shipping is fine, although can see why people would bitch if they're just after one of the cheap games.

I may stack up on some of the lower priced N64 games in a few days. Site looks great by the way, prices are all reasonable, especially if ordering a lot of items for the shipping to be more acceptable and then the 25 off code on top of that, not bad at all.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I think the shipping is fine, although can see why people would bitch if they're just after one of the cheap games.

I may stack up on some of the lower priced N64 games in a few days. Site looks great by the way, prices are all reasonable, especially if ordering a lot of items for the shipping to be more acceptable and then the 25 off code on top of that, not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! We've worked really hard on getting this up and running. I appreciate the compliments.

hey anji, I don't know if I'm blind or stupid, but I can't find anything on your site that would confirm if you ship to APO addresses?

[quote name='DesertLeo']hey anji, I don't know if I'm blind or stupid, but I can't find anything on your site that would confirm if you ship to APO addresses?[/QUOTE]

We ship USPS, so I'd assume that we can ship to APO addresses. I'm not 100% sure though. I'll message you if I find out specifically though. If you purchase an item and it can't get through and it gets marked "return to sender", you'll definitely receive a refund.

Site looks great and a lot of the prices are pretty good and fair. Also I don't see why a lot of people are complaining about the shipping, a $5 flat rate fee for your whole order is pretty good.

The only problem I really see about the site is the lack of manual/artwork knowledge for titles, but I'm sure you guys will get that taken care of. But anyway yea, nice site and I'll definitely be putting in an order for some games soon!

Thanks OP. I don't get the "shipping kills it" comments but to each his own. Anyway, I just had a suggestion for the site - is there any way to add an option to sort by genre? I know it would be more work, given that you would have to identify each game upon adding it to inventory, but I think it would make searching for games a lot easier. For example, especially on all the older gen games, I definitely won't buy any of the sports games, so it would be nice not to have to sift through all of them. Since there are a lot of games available, for me it would increase my chances of buying. I understand if this isn't feasible, but I thought I'd suggest it anyway. Thanks!

Well, I found a game I would bite on but it's only $5. With the code, it's like $3.75 and to have it shipped costs me more than the game itself. We all know it only costs like $2 to media mail the game and it's shipping USPS anyways, hence the complaining.
I guess if you're going to get more than one game shipping would be ok but I'd probably go somewhere else if I'm only interested in just the one.

[quote name='havok019']Well, I found a game I would bite on but it's only $5. With the code, it's like $3.75 and to have it shipped costs me more than the game itself. We all know it only costs like $2 to media mail the game and it's shipping USPS anyways, hence the complaining.
I guess if you're going to get more than one game shipping would be ok but I'd probably go somewhere else if I'm only interested in just the one.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that video games are not allowable to send via USPS Media Mail, and it's slow as crap anyway. $5 shipping is fair; it's not like other retailers make a habit of shipping you $3 items for free.

Thanks for posting, Mike, and for choosing CAG. Good luck with the site and ignore all the immature haters. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, Im so close to pulling the trigger on $100 worth of games (after discount)... But the whole manual/case thing bothers me, I know it shouldnt since its a really good deal for some games, but its just something that i do >.

[quote name='DeathBringer']Shipping sucks I can get 25% off and free shipping at gamestop.com[/QUOTE]
You act like $5 is so much. And yes you can, because they are a large corporation and can afford to do that. These guys however probably cannot. And I'd like to see you find something from gamestop that isn't this gen or last gen.

[quote name='catabarez']You act like $5 is so much. And yes you can, because they are a large corporation and can afford to do that. These guys however probably cannot. And I'd like to see you find something from gamestop that isn't this gen or last gen.[/QUOTE]

...or in absolutely terrible condition.

[quote name='DeathBringer']Shipping sucks I can get 25% off and free shipping at gamestop.com[/QUOTE]

You also need to spend at least $25 to get free shipping. I admit free shipping would be nice. Maybe if they made a way to choose one or the other "free shipping or 25% off your entire order". That way if you want a few small games it makes more sense to get free shipping. Plus it helps build the sites reputation, granted they may loose some money on the shipping of cheaper games. Just an idea.

[quote name='Divined_Zero']Damn, Im so close to pulling the trigger on $100 worth of games (after discount)... But the whole manual/case thing bothers me, I know it shouldnt since its a really good deal for some games, but its just something that i do >.

Nice, i see turbografx 16. I still have a working PC Engine. Great games on that system. Too bad the US version didn't take off :whistle2:(

[quote name='sadikyo']Thanks OP. I don't get the "shipping kills it" comments but to each his own. Anyway, I just had a suggestion for the site - is there any way to add an option to sort by genre? I know it would be more work, given that you would have to identify each game upon adding it to inventory, but I think it would make searching for games a lot easier. For example, especially on all the older gen games, I definitely won't buy any of the sports games, so it would be nice not to have to sift through all of them. Since there are a lot of games available, for me it would increase my chances of buying. I understand if this isn't feasible, but I thought I'd suggest it anyway. Thanks![/QUOTE]

This might take a short period of time to make, but it's definitely feasible. Thanks for the suggesting!

As a seller, The "Shipping kills it" comments (Not just here- but everywhere) irritates me sometimes. The largest big box retailers charge shipping unless you order a certain amount or pay for a membership (like super saver shipping) the idea that small sellers and online retailers should eat the shipping cost and at the same time offer a lower price than the competition is ridiculous. (Dont get me started on the Mob like tactics of Ebay) $5.00 for an entire order is an awesome deal. I've always considered shipping cost the price to pay for not stepping a foot out side my door, not wasting gas, sitting in the air conditioning and clicking some buttons on a keyboard. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE free shipping as much as the next guy, but its silly to feel entitled to it.

[quote name='Logain8955']Do you guys carry any import stuff? I'd love to get my hands on some more Super Robot Wars games.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Our import selection is very limited, but we do have a few. They mainly consist of Super Famicom games. We figured there wouldn't be an extremely high demand for them so they haven't been listed online. I can tell you that you we don't have any of the Super Robot Wars titles at the moment. If anyone is curious about the list of imports feel free to PM or the site and I can send you a list back with prices and we can post them online.

[quote name='MrEKO73']As a seller, The "Shipping kills it" comments (Not just here- but everywhere) irritates me sometimes. [/QUOTE]

It irritates me as a consumer. As a consumer I see a price and think to myself "ok that's a price I'll pay for that" then shipping is added on and now the price has increased by 20%. Personally I feel like you've broke our deal, and that's not a good way to do business. We agreed on a price, and now you're adding on costs after I've already made up my mind to pay a certain price for the item. I'm not saying that sellers should "eat" the shipping cost, but it's something that should be included into the advertised price. Don't sell me on a price the start adding on extra costs like a shady used car salesman.

[quote name='jrhawk42']It irritates me as a consumer. As a consumer I see a price and think to myself "ok that's a price I'll pay for that" then shipping is added on and now the price has increased by 20%. Personally I feel like you've broke our deal, and that's not a good way to do business. We agreed on a price, and now you're adding on costs after I've already made up my mind to pay a certain price for the item. I'm not saying that sellers should "eat" the shipping cost, but it's something that should be included into the advertised price. Don't sell me on a price the start adding on extra costs like a shady used car salesman.[/QUOTE]

Then go shop brick and mortar. All online retailers have to pay for shipping, and if everyone gave out free shipping, the seller wouldn't be able to profit.

[quote name='poker360']Then go shop brick and mortar. All online retailers have to pay for shipping, and if everyone gave out free shipping, the seller wouldn't be able to profit.[/QUOTE]
I know that's not true. Plenty of small online retailers are able to offer free shipping.

I'm just trying to help other online retailers that don't seem to "get it". They wonder why 50% of there sales die at the checkout, and I'm telling them why. Consumers feel cheated when you tack on prices. B&M's pay other costs that don't apply to online retailers, but you don't see a "location fee", "parking fee" or "assistant fee" when you buy stuff from them. Why? cause it's bad business. You include your costs into the price of your item, and ensure at checkout the consumer is only spending a marginal percent extra of the agreed checkout price (often tax).

bread's done
Back