25% off all used games at Gamerush and Block buster

Reality's Fringe said:
You know what's funny? This is the first I've heard of it. since it's a game rush thread (and I don't have one in my area) I never check it.
And the fact that no one updates the topic title either.

Thanks Gorilla, dont mind the folks yelling at you. I didn't know about this discount.
Just because some people don't live on this board and know every thread inside and out doesn't mean that a new thread shouldn't get posted sometimes. Sometimes people get yelled at for making a new thread about a price that is buried in a thread that is about something else or a general topic. Don't let it discourage you from posting deals in the future!

Thanks for the post.

I know it may be hard to believe, but not everyone has a Game Rush. I know, CRAZY, but hey. ^_~

Thanks for the heads up OP - I have wanted one game from my BB for awhile, but didn't feel like buying more than one.

Thanks, OP. I first noticed the 25% off at BB the other day in-store. I picked up Coolboarders 2 for $1.50 (reg price: $2) :lol:

[quote name='SuprTnr2']Awesome, I didn't know about it either. Perhaps because BB is going bankrupt?[/QUOTE]
Haha, hope not, or my Zelda preorder is getting switched right quick.

I already got Metroid Prime 2: Echoes for $21 instead of $27 and Feel the Magic: XY/XX for $13.50 instead of $17. :D

Reality's Fringe said:
You know what's funny? This is the first I've heard of it. since it's a game rush thread (and I don't have one in my area) I never check it.
Same here. Thanks, I'll check it out maybe tomorrow.

I'll have to drop by the Blockbuster on my way to school tomorrow to inspect. Though last time I went to one, games were all initial MSRP even if other places had started charging less.

The guy who took it upon himself make the new GR thread is a jackhole. He just cut and pasted everything and didn't changed anything untill we started bitching at him, I have no expectations of him ever updating anything........... I think he just wanted to see his name on the largest thread on this forum.

[quote name='$hady']The guy who took it upon himself make the new GR thread is a jackhole. He just cut and pasted everything and didn't changed anything untill we started bitching at him, I have no expectations of him ever updating anything........... I think he just wanted to see his name on the largest thread on this forum.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the bode of confidence Shady. By the way, I am a girl not a guy jackass and yes I did copy and paste some of the info from the old Gamerush thread to the new one because no else would do it and the old thread was getting out of hand. I do update it and if you read under current deals I have had this posted for a long while now and when ever I hear that Gamerush has deals I try to update the thread. You just started to bitch about it being the same info because I was in the process of getting all the info straight so that I could change it.

If you don't like what I did then when the current Gamerush thread hits 500 post you create the new one then.

End of Rant.

To all of you that haven't hear about this it has been going on since the 13th of September and most times when Gamerush has a discount deal going on they also have it at Blockbusters now.

Read the original post of the Gamerush thread or go to www.gamerush.com to find out the lastest videogame deals for BB/GR.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']Thanks for the bode of confidence Shady. By the way, I am a girl not a guy jackass and yes I did copy and paste some of the info from the old Gamerush thread to the new one because no else would do it and the old thread was getting out of hand. I do update it and if you read under current deals I have had this posted for a long while now and when ever I hear that Gamerush has deals I try to update the thread. You just started to bitch about it being the same info because I was in the process of getting all the info straight so that I could change it.

If you don't like what I did then when the current Gamerush thread hits 500 post you create the new one then.

End of Rant.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I still love you but not as much as I love to bitch!

I didn't want to make one because it's a chore.

I'm the guy who doesn't vote and then complains about who gets elected.........

[quote name='uzumaki_star']Thanks for the bode of confidence Shady. By the way, I am a girl not a guy jackass and yes I did copy and paste some of the info from the old Gamerush thread to the new one because no else would do it and the old thread was getting out of hand. I do update it and if you read under current deals I have had this posted for a long while now and when ever I hear that Gamerush has deals I try to update the thread. You just started to bitch about it being the same info because I was in the process of getting all the info straight so that I could change it.

End of Rant.[/QUOTE]

well you know.. you're profile doesn't say you're a woman so getting mad because someone assumed you were male doesn't mean you should get all angry about it.

I'm going by BB today.. hopefully they have a SF Anniversary collection available.. i may bite on Project Snowblind too.

Got in on this deal last week at my local blockbuster, I picked up a near mint, complete Metal Slug 3 for xbox at a total of just under $16...

[quote name='scrapdawg02']hi, how do you get game manuals from preowned games purchased from blockbuster/gamerush that aren't included/missing with th game???[/QUOTE]

Just ask do they have it at the counter when you buy it or after you buy it.

[quote name='urzishra14']well you know.. you're profile doesn't say you're a woman so getting mad because someone assumed you were male doesn't mean you should get all angry about it.

I'm going by BB today.. hopefully they have a SF Anniversary collection available.. i may bite on Project Snowblind too.[/QUOTE]

I know but I just got a little upset because that was like the third time I heard Shady messing with me about the Gamerush thread. Also, I understand that most of the poster are male so presumably everyone thinks your male. I just like stating I'm a girl because we are few and far between.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']I know but I just got a little upset because that was like the third time I heard Shady messing with me about the Gamerush thread. Also, I understand that most of the poster are male so presumably everyone thinks your male. I just like stating I'm a girl because we are few and far between.[/QUOTE]

zOMG IT's teh GURl!!1

[quote name='uzumaki_star']I know but I just got a little upset because that was like the third time I heard Shady messing with me about the Gamerush thread. Also, I understand that most of the poster are male so presumably everyone thinks your male. I just like stating I'm a girl because we are few and far between.[/QUOTE]
If it happens again, I'm just a PM away.

And yes, unfortunately, the females on CAG are few and far between. :|

Quick question- Are the prices after the discount reflected on the price stickers, or does the discount come on top of those?

I ask because I bought Metal Gear Solid 3 last Friday for $19.99, and when I got to the counter I asked why the discount wasn't applied, and shouldn't the price be around $16 or $17? The clerk told me "The $19.99 already had the 25% off on it." Does that sound right? Was the guy just too lazy to give me the discount? Should I call the district manager?

Thanks

[quote name='yellowjacket621']Quick question- Are the prices after the discount reflected on the price stickers, or does the discount come on top of those?

I ask because I bought Metal Gear Solid 3 last Friday for $19.99, and when I got to the counter I asked why the discount wasn't applied, and shouldn't the price be around $16 or $17? The clerk told me "The $19.99 already had the 25% off on it." Does that sound right? Was the guy just too lazy to give me the discount? Should I call the district manager?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
They don't usually retag the games, period, let alone just for a sale period. So its possible that they did tag them 25% off, but highly unlikely.

As I've said before, they still have a copy of Mario Sunshine tagged at 24.99. Nuff said.

Since I was gonna post in this topic anyway: Does BB/GR have any sort of guarantee on used games? I know they aren't expected to come complete, but how's the working guarantee? Figure I'll stop over at BB that I only visit once a month with my free rental coupons and see what they have.

Thanks for the quick reply, interesting. I think I'll call a manager or higher-up person of some sort and ask.

As for the guarantee, yes, they guarantee the quality of the games for a while (I forget how long, maybe a year), and if they don't work they'll exchange it for you.

EDIT: From www.blockbuster.com :

"Legal: Get 25% Off the price of any BLOCKBUSTER® Pre-owned Game. Prices and selection may vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer valid on all titles and formats labeled as pre-owned games for a limited time at participating stores while supplies last. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register. Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit two (2) copies per title per day. Maximum purchase of 20 pre-owned games per customer per day. BLOCKBUSTER name and, design and related marks are trademarks of Blockbuster Inc. © 2005 Blockbuster Inc. All rights reserved."

He did not take my discount at the register, or at all for that matter. Time to find out that employee's name, report him, and never shop there again. Woot.

[quote name='TIGERMASK44']Yes they do.[/QUOTE]

Expect to only see copies of Super Mario 64, Asphalt, Urbz, and Feel the Magic though.

I've only ever seen 2 or 3 different DS games in the year + i've been shopping at Gamerush.

bread's done
Back