25% off all used games & DVDs @ gamestop.com/ebgames.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitch079

CAGiversary!
I know you risk not getting the complete game with instructions and/or the actual box, but the deal is on for the next 14+ hours. I bought a few games I'd been looking for including Suikoden V, Shadow Hearts, and Shadow Hearts Covenant . Type in 25USED as the promotional code at checkout.

[quote name='bg2001']is there any way to stack this with the edge card for an extra 10% off?[/quote]

If I remember correctly from another thread you can't stack the edge card. Someone correct if wrong.

[quote name='Jobb']If I remember correctly from another thread you can't stack the edge card. Someone correct if wrong.[/quote]

that is correct. i just asked the rep. no stacking deals. online is online and bm is bm

Warning: 2 out of the 8 PS2/GC games I've bought since the merger came complete. They sent Killer 7 (a 2 disc gamecube game) in a generic 1 DVD case.

Just say no to incomplete used games.

Anyway, you can use the GI coupon + edge card to get 20% off in store, and you can inspect the goods instead of playing Russian roulette.

I didn't get casuals/manuals with most of my games ordered from them, but it doesn't matter to me. However, in my last order they did send me an extra copy of KOTOR for free :)

Last time I took advantage of this offer, the game came improperly packed in a generic case (someone just shoved a paper sleeve in there, without properly affixing it onto the dvd backing) and the disc ended up being scratched to all hell.

Way to go.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. I grabbed some cheap Gamecube titles that I've always been interested in playing (including Rogue Squad 3 & Mega Man X Command Mission) as well as a new Capcom Classics for GBA. I picked up a total of 6 games for under $50, including shipping, so not a bad haul.

Thanks again!

[quote name='ma']Just say no to incomplete used games.

Anyway, you can use the GI coupon + edge card to get 20% off in store, and you can inspect the goods instead of playing Russian roulette.[/quote]

GI coupon?

[quote name='Areed67']GI coupon?[/QUOTE]

Game Informer...unless the poster has some kind of military discount we don't know of ;)

What on earth happened to all their GBA games? When I used to buy games from eb a few years ago they had a slew of used titles, now they have like 10.

I get about a 60% case/manual return w/ them .

But I'm buying a lot of $5 games so no biggie, ive been able to go down to my local GS and just ask, they gave me a manual just yesterday no questions asked

[quote name='jasonditz']What on earth happened to all their GBA games? When I used to buy games from eb a few years ago they had a slew of used titles, now they have like 10.[/quote]
Easy. They're looking at the GBA as a "dead handheld," so they've basically replaced it with the DS.

GameStop has the most retarded logic, ever.

This deal would be nice if it was in store. Other than that, there's no way I'm gambling on the chances of getting any games complete or even in a proper casing. Especially when they have a high tendancy of screwing up orders and will either send you a damaged game or the wrong one and you have no way of returning it without speaking with higher ups.

"Invalid promotion code entered "

Yup, it's dead. Oh well, thanks OP.

I was hoping to snag LEGO Star Wars for the GBA. I had it on a previous order from them and they took it off the oder. But it's still showing as available! Weird...

AFF25 has been active for months now....I'm surprised no one chimed in with that because I think I got it from this forum.

[quote name='cruster']Can games be returned if they show up in unacceptable condition - e.g. no case or instructions?[/QUOTE]
Yes. I've heard that if you return stuff to EB/Gamestop you can get 'banned' from that store. Last time I just shipped it back via USPS so I wouldn't have to deal with management.

[quote name='Lizard Axe']Yes. I've heard that if you return stuff to EB/Gamestop you can get 'banned' from that store. Last time I just shipped it back via USPS so I wouldn't have to deal with management.[/QUOTE]

100% illegal

[quote name='edson13']im guessing hes saying that no store should have the ability to ban you, simply for returning their product.[/QUOTE]

exactly, not only is it illegal to ban someone for returning a product that they bought from the store, it goes against GS's own policy which was revised a few years ago to accept online returns.

BTW AFF25 is indeed back and working, wish I knew about that code last week :(

Sadly GS no longer sells PS1 games online, very few PSP GBA games... not even worth looking for those ones.

ALso of note is since the original 25% in this thread was posted, many discounted GS used games have increased back to their non discounted price.

In other words most stuff is obscenely overpriced at $17.99+

However if you want some older classic OGXBOX or PS2 games (2004 and earlier) you can still score some sweet ones for under $12.99

The trick is knowing someone at a GS near you, I've gotten them to give me books and cases when I bring in the disc and receipt. They usually bash the online warehouse and tell me to contact them and complain.

bit of an aside but I had HL2 from EB/Gamestop, I noticed it had their tag on it (sans actual cost) it's in shrink-wrap, had it as a gift [many months ago now]

just wanted anything reasonable in store credit for returning it new/shrunk w/o working to track down the receipt from the gifter (out of town/hassle)

not only was that not an option they suggested returning it to Walmart

seems to be an interesting way to handle it...

[quote name='CKaz']bit of an aside but I had HL2 from EB/Gamestop, I noticed it had their tag on it (sans actual cost) it's in shrink-wrap, had it as a gift [many months ago now]

just wanted anything reasonable in store credit for returning it new/shrunk w/o working to track down the receipt from the gifter (out of town/hassle)

not only was that not an option they suggested returning it to Walmart

seems to be an interesting way to handle it...[/QUOTE]

The only do returns w/ unopened w/ receipt or receipt and same game exchange.

They are in the business of buying/selling used games, thats how they exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back