25% off ANY Nintendo 3DS software @ Kmart *Valid 10/13 - 10/19 in-store only* Smartphone required

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Coupon works on Pokemon X and Y. :whee:

Steps to get coupon:

• Text GAME to 73277
  • Reply GAME1
  • Visit the link provided in the message
  • Claim offer and show the serial barcode to cashier
Disclaimer:
Cannot combine with any other coupon for the same item(s) and cannot double. Limit (1) Kmart coupon per transaction. Not valid on BOGO; prior and online purchases; partial-paid special order items; Lands’ End; Scrubology; Sears merchandise; if copied, transferred or obtained through unapproved channels and where prohibited. Coupon value pro-rated across all qualifying items; including qualifying items purchased in addition to the minimum requirements or limits and will be deducted from any refund. Cash value 1/20¢.

One last thing, get there early tomorrow before the Pokemon games sell out. ;)

Update:

WQTfjQR.png

^If you are experiencing trouble with this offer, show them this week's AD.

Last edited by a moderator:
The same thing happened to me, the coupon registered in the system but said that the game had some requirement. I showed the guy the ad in the leaflet, he called his manager who said that they weren't allowed to do overrides anymore. I called bullshit and went to customer service, who said that the coupon wouldn't work because the game was on sale (maybe that's the glitch in their system?) and then gave me the discount. 

Great deal though, was planning to get the game anyway so saving a few dollars is appreciated. 

Still requires override even on west coast. Neat birthday present for myself today that I wasn't expecting, especially after I spent over an hour checking all the Toys R Us around me and not one of them knew about preorders anymore.

Had to get manager override as well today. $26 and some change for Pokemon X after my free $5 in points applied. Awesome deal many thanks OP!

Darn, I wish I had seen this before I got back. Wanted to use it and see if I could find OoT3D, Pokemon I'm fine paying the full value for though.

Also had trouble and needed an override. Still plenty of copies of each left at the Kmart in south Zanesville, OH (haha, I know none of you are around here)

Same story for me...override required, but I got it in the end. Neither the guy in electronics nor customer service really seemed to know what to do. Not really surprised, this kind of BS is entirely within K-mart's MO.

Picked Y version, got it for $24.81, tax included, after discount and SYWR points. A pain in the ass, but well worth it. Not only did they have plenty of copies, but it seems I was the first person to come in with this coupon, so it shouldn't be too hard for y'all to get one. Whether they'll actually fix the damn coupon (lol) or not is another question.

Darn, I wish I had seen this before I got back. Wanted to use it and see if I could find OoT3D, Pokemon I'm fine paying the full value for though.
If you find OoT tell me. The game isnt even sold at gamestop.com or toyrsus so im worried it might become hard to find for whatever reason.

I just picked up Pokemon X from Kmart, had to get a manager to come manually take off 25% because the barcode and number were not working. Wish I still had my employee discount but still happy to get it for that price.

Just got back from K-Mart where the Manager said they couldn't take the coupon because Pokemon Y was "on sale" at $39.99.   I politely explained that was the regular price and they still said no so I un-politely left.  Time for a scathing chat session with K-mart customer service.

Just got back from K-Mart where the Manager said they couldn't take the coupon because Pokemon Y was "on sale" at $39.99. I politely explained that was the regular price and they still said no so I un-politely left. Time for a scathing chat session with K-mart customer service.
You should have asked why Pokemon X/Y is the picture on the coupon then. But either way that situation is bullshit.

Just got back from K-Mart where the Manager said they couldn't take the coupon because Pokemon Y was "on sale" at $39.99. I politely explained that was the regular price and they still said no so I un-politely left. Time for a scathing chat session with K-mart customer service.
WQTfjQR.png

The offer is clearly advertised in this week's AD. Luckily majority of CAGs are able to get an override and get the deal.

I just printed mine out. I don't have a smart phone so just texted using my regular phone. They give you a web address and I just put that in and followed the link to this coupon. It let me print it out without any problems. Hopefully I won't run into too many problems using this tomorrow.

the deal didn't work at first but once I showed the manager the Ad then did exactly what it said in front of her she was happy to override it for me

Used this tonight when my girlfriend bought me Pokemon X for my birthday, woot.

Ran into a little difficulty getting it to work: the scanner wasn't able to scan the barcode directly off of my phone, so the cashier had to enter the barcode number directly, and that still didn't work (saying something about "rewards conditions not met" or something, though it recognized the code), so another girl working there took a look at the coupon and then manually took 25% off another way.

Could be a pain if the people working at your K-Mart aren't as easy to get along with as they were in my case.

I had to get an over ride. They acted like I was up to something. It also took like 5 minutes for someone to come to the gaming department and another 7 or so for the manager to get there after the employee couldn't get it to work. fucking K Mart, man... lol

I managed to print out the coupon from a link since I don't got a smartphone. I'm gonna try to snag a copy of X today. Hopefully my local K-marts employees won't give me too much of a hassle of an override.

Yeah.  I had to haggle with the employee, and show her the add to get her to get a manager for the over ride.  The manager, I just explained what I did, showed her the coupon on my phone, and the add, she tried to ring it up, and then did the override.  Seems they think it should be 25% off your next purchase if you buy one of those games... that's not what the ad says.  At least they made it right for all but one posting here.

I see no reason why this shouldn't work from a print out of the coupon. 

I tried at my local K-mart but they were already sold out of both pokémon X/Y. Kinda bummed but I'll have to remain diligent to contact my local store for inventory checks.

Yeah. I had to haggle with the employee, and show her the add to get her to get a manager for the over ride. The manager, I just explained what I did, showed her the coupon on my phone, and the add, she tried to ring it up, and then did the override. Seems they think it should be 25% off your next purchase if you buy one of those games... that's not what the ad says. At least they made it right for all but one posting here.

I see no reason why this shouldn't work from a print out of the coupon.
They tried to tell me a handful of things.

1) your coupon must have already been redeemed

2) games are not considered software

3) you will get the discount in reward points not in cash

4) it says its valid for 7 days and ends on 10/20 so it hasn't started yet, today's the 12th (it was the 13th)

5) its an online coupon so it might only work online (specifically says it won't work online)

etc etc

Eventually they just gave me the override though. I didn't expect anything less from shitty Kmart. I also learned that my rewards account was still locked. Over 6 months ago I bought a PSN card that didn't activate at the register, so I had to return it. This happened with 4 other cards in a row. All of the returns locked my account, and they said they would handle it and call corporate.

Guess they didn't call. I can't be bothered to try and get it straightened out because lets face it, the whole system is shit anyway with the exception of these game deals they have every now and then.

They tried to tell me a handful of things.

1) your coupon must have already been redeemed

2) games are not considered software

3) you will get the discount in reward points not in cash

4) it says its valid for 7 days and ends on 10/20 so it hasn't started yet, today's the 12th (it was the 13th)

5) its an online coupon so it might only work online (specifically says it won't work online)

etc etc

Eventually they just gave me the override though. I didn't expect anything less from shitty Kmart. I also learned that my rewards account was still locked. Over 6 months ago I bought a PSN card that didn't activate at the register, so I had to return it. This happened with 4 other cards in a row. All of the returns locked my account, and they said they would handle it and call corporate.

Guess they didn't call. I can't be bothered to try and get it straightened out because lets face it, the whole system is shit anyway with the exception of these game deals they have every now and then.
Yeah man, I feel yah there. You had a much rougher time than me. The employee just said its probably for the next purchase, I just said show me where it says that, and she didn't argue with me, or sell me the lovely lines you got. Did you manage to keep a straight face through all of them? I haven't had much of a reason to go into Kmart, and this one is in kinda a crappy part of town. You kinda just feel dirty going in there. Then to have to get them to honor their own promotion? Wouldn't make it a priority to shop there for sure. Now.. if they have a similar deal like how this worked out for A Link Between Worlds, I'd go back though. :)

My sister and I both used coupons on our respective phones for X and Y. The cashier originally thought I needed a rewards account and set one up for me, then got a manager to do an override once that didn't work. Time consuming, but they didn't question it. The manager even commented, "you're trying to buy the games on the coupon!"

Did you manage to keep a straight face through all of them? I haven't had much of a reason to go into Kmart, and this one is in kinda a crappy part of town. You kinda just feel dirty going in there. Then to have to get them to honor their own promotion? Wouldn't make it a priority to shop there for sure.
A joke isn't as funny when you already know the punchline. I knew they would give me trouble. They weren't rude, I was just a little disappointed that they kept coming up with these magical answers to the problem when they had no idea what they were talking about. You can tell that they put no effort into doing their jobs, and by the sound of it, this is how most Kmarts are.

So I couldn't even get to the coupon not scanning at my Kmart. When the cashier saw the coupon she immediately called over a customer service manager who told me right up front that Kmart does not issue Mobile Coupons and that I was trying to commit some kind of fraud. I tried to show her the instructions on the mobile message and the information found on the weekly ad and she wouldn't even look at. She just kept on yelling no matter what I said that I was wrong and was trying to pull something over on them. 

At the end she banged on the keyboard for a minute to cancel out the transaction and then told the cashier not to check out any of my items and then turned her back on me and left.  :bomb:  :hot:  :bomb:  :hot:

So I couldn't even get to the coupon not scanning at my Kmart. When the cashier saw the coupon she immediately called over a customer service manager who told me right up front that Kmart does not issue Mobile Coupons and that I was trying to commit some kind of fraud. I tried to show her the instructions on the mobile message and the information found on the weekly ad and she wouldn't even look at. She just kept on yelling no matter what I said that I was wrong and was trying to pull something over on them.

At the end she banged on the keyboard for a minute to cancel out the transaction and then told the cashier not to check out any of my items and then turned her back on me and left. :bomb: :hot: :bomb: :hot:
Wow, ridiculous. Are you going to call about that? The coupon is in the weekly ad! The coupon even says Kmart! I want to know what happens next.

At the end she banged on the keyboard for a minute to cancel out the transaction and then told the cashier not to check out any of my items and then turned her back on me and left. :bomb: :hot: :bomb: :hot:
Go get corporate.

Wow, ridiculous. Are you going to call about that? The coupon is in the weekly ad! The coupon even says Kmart! I want to know what happens next.

Go get corporate.
I eventually went to another store and had no issues at all. I did call corporate though. I received a call from the store manager (whom by the way the CS Manager said was not in today) and was offered 25% off anything in the store to make up for not being able to use the coupon on the game.

i went in, with the coupon, it wouldnt work so they called the manager. took 30 mins to get there, he saw it and ripped it and threw it in the garbage. i asked him why he did that, he threatened to call the cops. when i asked why, he screamed "LEAVE" like a little bitch. when i threatened to call corporate, he ran towards me, got 1 inch from my face and said i dare u. he then pulled me up and threw me against the wall and said "call them and ill murder u"

what should i do guys :(

i went in, with the coupon, it wouldnt work so they called the manager. took 30 mins to get there, he saw it and ripped it and threw it in the garbage. i asked him why he did that, he threatened to call the cops. when i asked why, he screamed "LEAVE" like a little bitch. when i threatened to call corporate, he ran towards me, got 1 inch from my face and said i dare u. he then pulled me up and threw me against the wall and said "call them and ill murder u"

what should i do guys :(
I thought this was real for the longest time.

Wow, that really sucks :( I had a very similar experience at Staples. I went into the store and tried to use a coupon I got straight off of the Staples website. Cashier tried to get it to work and could not so she got a manager. Manager came over and told me that Staples did not host coupons on their website and yelled at me for trying to commit fraud. Even after showing her the coupon was right on their website, she would not take my business. Needless to say, I have never done business with Staples again and never will.

I would recommend reporting the store/worker that treated you so poorly, but lets face it...this is K-Mart. They are never going to change and they have never given care to anything.

I eventually went to another store and had no issues at all. I did call corporate though. I received a call from the store manager (whom by the way the CS Manager said was not in today) and was offered 25% off anything in the store to make up for not being able to use the coupon on the game.
So... what's the most expensive thing Kmart sells?

So it seems like Pokémon is the only thing that is having troubles, I went to Kmart to use the coupon on Animal Crossing New Leaf and it worked fine and went off without a hitch.

Went to K-Mart but their selection was horrible.  They had Pokemon X/Y but I was looking for Fire Emblem or a Shin Megami Tensei game.  Most of what they had was cheap shovelware (Imagine Babyz!, etc) or various games that are $15 cheaper on Amazon anyway.  I did get Red Faction Armageddon ($5) for free due to free points they gave me though.

If anyone might want the coupon but lacks a smartphone or cannot get it to work right, let me know via PM and I can share mine.  The code is apparently 1 use though.  So if I get multiple PMs the first person gets it (probably later today after I have dinner)..

I currently work at Kmart as a front end supervisor, and somebody used this coupon and it did not work. I'd recommend that you mention that this deal will vary by store in the thread name, because not everybody would override it like I did. Naturally, since I'm a cheap ass gamer myself, I went ahead and did it for the guy here in upstate NY. Also, to those asking if it'll work for multiple games, I don't think you'll have much luck with that. It's one thing to get a supervisor or manager to override one thing. It's another to try to get them to do a whole stack of them.

I currently work at Kmart as a front end supervisor, and somebody used this coupon and it did not work. I'd recommend that you mention that this deal will vary by store in the thread name, because not everybody would override it like I did. Naturally, since I'm a cheap ass gamer myself, I went ahead and did it for the guy here in upstate NY. Also, to those asking if it'll work for multiple games, I don't think you'll have much luck with that. It's one thing to get a supervisor or manager to override one thing. It's another to try to get them to do a whole stack of them.
Thanks for doing your job?

I've had problems like this in the past, which is why I typically hesitate to use ANY coupons at K-mart. But I had to get my Pokeman fix.

I got a cool guy to match this at BB but going by the book he shouldn't have. I had some credit to use so I was pretty pumped that they did this.

So YMMV at BB.

I wasn't going to get Pokemon, but thanks to this coupon, a free $8 SYWR offer that expires this week, and a large dose of nostalgia, that has changed.  I needed an override like everyone else, however I was actually rung up in the electronics department and told to go to customer service for an adjustment.  It was needlessly complicated but it was worth getting the game for $23.xx during launch week.

bread's done
Back