25% off gamestop used games exclusions apply

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought some used games at GS/EB because I can't wait any longer for the B2G1 free and was a little glad that this 25% wasn't in-store! :)

i highly dont recommend buying used from gamestop online, games usually come without the original case and manual, plus the discs are heavily scratched.........rare to get one like new

[quote name='devildr1ver']i highly dont recommend buying used from gamestop online, games usually come without the original case and manual, plus the discs are heavily scratched.........rare to get one like new[/quote]

Agreed - the 2 or 3 games I've ordered used from them have come in little cardboard sleeves - which isn't worth the discount from buying new - at least in my opinion.

I've only purchased one game from their online site - Amplitude, and it came in pretty good condition.

They send many of their broken games from the store to their online warehouse, where they're supposed to fix them by resurfacing the discs. However sometimes they don't even bother doing this and just sell the games.

Yeah, most of the games I've gotten have been marked "refurb," and clearly buffed. 75% of the time, you won't get a manual or case either.

I've had MANY many cases where I've gotten the either the wrong disc or no disc at all inside the case! They're quick to refund in that case, but it's still frustrating.

Only order with the assumption that you'll get a disc-only refurbished game. Anything beyond that is just a bonus.

God dammit. Edit the title so it says "ONLINE ONLY." Once again I fall for a thread that's useless because of GameStop's HORRIBLE online service.

If you're worried about getting an incomplete game, just order a few of the same game, I did that and got 2 complete ones, and returned the incomplete.

I find it weird that they sell buffed discs, but when I tried to sell a buffed game to them, they said they couldn't accept it.

I've never had a problem with ordering from them online. I don't really care about complete games, but everything I've ever gotten from them has been complete and playable.

Also, this code is ALWAYS active, or at least has been for the last year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back