25% off one game with gcu expiring - Best Buy

yourmomsnewboyfriend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I assume other gcu accounts that have expired or will have seen this. I just wanted to share in case someone is ending soon like mine and you might hold off on buying something till you get it.

FYI it would let me stack the coupon with yet to expire gcu discount. (Failed on preorder though)

GCU later. If they didn’t abruptly end the membership when I heard rumors they were ending it, I would extended it to however long I could lol. Now I do miss it but at the same time makes me wait longer to buy games and get them at a cheaper price. Also buy less games Ofcourse

Trying to use this coupon on Animal Xing for Switch and it's not working. It's not under the exclusions, and the coupon is good until June 2021. I opened a chat and was transferred three times before the agent gave up and told me to call some help hotline which I am not going to do. What a joke.

Trying to use this coupon on Animal Xing for Switch and it's not working. It's not under the exclusions, and the coupon is good until June 2021. I opened a chat and was transferred three times before the agent gave up and told me to call some help hotline which I am not going to do. What a joke.
My code didn't work. Tried the forum but they never got back to me.

Yeah my code didn't work either.  So I went to the forum and PM'ed one of the moderators with all my info and forward the email with the coupon code.  They said they could not generate another code but instead offered $15 in points.  I took the offer, it was better than nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing happened to me several months back. Didn't bother with it, since it wasn't worth my time (since really it's only worth about $15 max).

Yeah, I never got my 25% off coupon.  But, I'm pretty sure that the ones who lost out on this deal were Best Buy. 

While I had GCU, I was going and buying games and other things (DVDs, small appliances, computer accessories) basically ever week or two. 
Now?  I think I made 5-6 purchases at Best Buy in all of 2020. 

Amazon, Microcenter, Newegg and various local chains picked up all the business I would have been doing with them.  

I've a feeling their snipe hunt for "devil customers" probably lead them to shoot themselves in the foot. 

Same. I called and it's just the general bestbuy help line. They transferred me around there a few times and eventually I got disconnected. What a mess.

Couldn’t get mine to work on a Cyberpunk preorder. Same thing; transferred to a bunch of people between chat and phone with no results. On rep told me it doesn’t work on preorders and that was my problem. That wasn't in the exclusions but I tried to test it on a different game and still didn’t work

January 15, 2023., the best part is the last 4 years were free because of a massive return screw up. I'm honestly curious who will be the last one standing.
Honestly I’m surprised they haven’t just canceled the program and given us a refund or a coupon. It’s probably in the terms and conditions.

I still have mine and it was because of a screw up on their end as well. Mine ends sometime in February. Do they give you a warning email before it's over?

bread's done
Back