$25 off Steam+Paypal/Bill me later

tekzor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Just purchased Dragon Age and ME of steam and paid through paypal.
A pop up came up stating if you pay with bill me later, you will get 90 days no payment and $25 off the current order.
Had to fill in a very small form for bill me later.

I am a current bill me later user and it still went through for me.

Funding Type:
Bill Me Later® Payment source:
$59.98 USD - Bill Me Later®
Special offer:
You got no payments for 90 days and $25 off your purchase! Any discounts will appear on your Bill Me Later® statement.

[quote name='TURBO']How does this work? They mail you a bill and you send them a check?[/QUOTE]

It links with your paypal account and you can pay the bill online through paypal. Also with this deal, if the game is under 25 you basically get it for free. I picked up the civ 4 collection and afterward it showed my bill me later balance as -$5.01. Oh and if anyone does use the offer, it took a few days after the purchase went through for it to show up, so for a day or two it showed my balance as 19.99, then it went down to -$5.01.

good lord... nobody freaking googles shit.

BillMeLater is a credit loan service much like a Store credit line, like JCPenny or Sears, except it acts like an online credit card....except no card.

There is a credit check and a request for credit, so paranoid fuckers need not apply. Anyone else "normal" just pay it off when they send the statement. They have full online services and can setup payments through checking/savings accounts at any bank.

Most credit limits are small... but they will tell you how much they gave you.

Lots of places use it now... and most of these offers are usually for NEW MEMBERS only.

[quote name='xycury']good lord... nobody freaking googles shit.

BillMeLater is a credit loan service much like a Store credit line, like JCPenny or Sears, except it acts like an online credit card....except no card.

There is a credit check and a request for credit, so paranoid fuckers need not apply. Anyone else "normal" just pay it off when they send the statement. They have full online services and can setup payments through checking/savings accounts at any bank.

Most credit limits are small... but they will tell you how much they gave you.

Lots of places use it now... and most of these offers are usually for NEW MEMBERS only.[/QUOTE]
Looks like someone woke up a little grumpy today...

[quote name='snives']I'm curious too. I've seen offers through them for various sites but I've never jumped because I was unsure.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
I have seen some very good deals from them as well, never really trusted them to jump on it.

Bill Me Later is like a short-term loan, so when you do sign up to do it, you do have a soft credit report pull done.

You do have to give them the last four of your SSN # and your birthdate, which I'm assuming is needed for the credit report pull to see if it's something they can offer for you.

Website for the company:
https://www.billmelater.com/index.xhtml

Info about BillMeLater:
https://www.billmelater.com/about/index.xhtml?s_kwcid=billmelater

It is a eBay company, so if you don't like giving your money to eBay, then don't take advantage of it.

[quote name='sengar']Not enough savings for a hard pull on your credit, IMO.[/QUOTE]

This. Are you really going to put a mark on your credit for a measly $25?

I did this on Amazon a while back and worked like a charm. Got $30 off. Seriously though, pay it right away!!! They bank of people holding off and forgetting and that's where they make their money. Don't wait for it to come in the mail, just go to the website right away and pay it off (if you can). Trust me..... plus it'll look good on your credit (maybe?).

[quote name='sadunk']plus it'll look good on your credit (maybe?).[/QUOTE]

No. Opening more lines of credit (especially temporary ones) hurts it.

It's not entirely true that opening a new line of credit is bad for your credit score. A percentage of your credit score is based off "new credit". But opening a line of credit to save $25 is just a bad idea. Closing the account right after opening is bad, that will shorten your average length of credit in your history and that's a no-no.

My advice:

Don't do it!

If your credit is in such a sad shape (or non-existant, if you're younger) that this would hurt you, then yeah, avoid. Personally, I have VERY good credit and one measly credit check isn't going to make a difference at all.

EDIT: I'm not getting this offer tho. When I click on Paypal as my payment method & log onto the Paypal site, I see BillMeLater as an option but no mention of $25 off. Don't want to go past that because I don't want them to charge me.

Last edited by a moderator:
very cool, I did an offer with billmelater a few years back, my credit score went down from 810 to 800, but arguably scores seem to go up and down slightly a little every month oftentimes.

unless you are going to be making a large purchase in the next 1-8 months, I wouldn't worry too much about the impact of a hardpull on your longterm credit score.

just tried it now and the offer came up (I haven't bought anything from steam using paypal could be why it doesn't pop up for everyone).

not sure if I want to use it now, or wait since the offer is good all month and see what further weekend deals or sales come up,

you guys don't have a clue how credit works, do you?

The credit check is negligible. Opening a new line of credit (which you are doing) it always takes a little bump but as long as you're not doing it often it won't matter. In fact young people that don't really have any credit history should do something like this and pay it off right away and leave it alone. This will actually increase your credit score over time.

Anyhow, none of this matters really anyways unless you're getting a house or car loan.

[quote name='fake larry']you guys don't have a clue how credit works, do you?

The credit check is negligible. Opening a new line of credit (which you are doing) it always takes a little bump but as long as you're not doing it often it won't matter. In fact young people that don't really have any credit history should do something like this and pay it off right away and leave it alone. This will actually increase your credit score over time.

Anyhow, none of this matters really anyways unless you're getting a house or car loan.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. As I learned the first time I went to buy a car, some credit is better than no credit, even if it isn't good credit.

Of course, young people are better off having parents with good credit add their names to their cards. And the parents are best off not actually letting them use the cards. :p

Looks like the only offer I get is for $10 off, so I'm going to pass on this. If I could get $25 off, I'd be all over Dragon Age. Bummer.

Jumped on this deal on the 18th for L4D2 and the $25 off is not showing up yet on my balance. Anyone know how long it takes?

bread's done
Back