$25 off two PSP games @ Bestbuy

Read in another forum that it is only sony produced games.
So games include:

Ape Escape: On The Loose
ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails
Gretzky NHL
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
MLB
NBA
Twisted Metal: Head-On
Wipeout Pure
World Tour Soccer

Even though the coupon says not good with any other coupon or offers, this still works? Just wanted to know before I drive 25 miles to my nearest BB.

[quote name='poopy']That's a neat deal. If only they had something similar for DS owners. :([/QUOTE]

They do. Unfortunately, it also only applies to Sony-published titles. JK.

You'd have to be very lucky to get a cashier to do all three offers in conjunction. I've never even got them to let me use one coupon per game in seperate transactions, much less on a single transaction with another offer thrown on top.

So this $15 off is for all Sony published titles? So does Untold Legends fall under that, then, despite it being Sony Online? If so, might be time to eBay some stuff for Hot Shots + UL :)

i would use this but the only game i want that sony maeks is mlb 2006. i have all their other good games. i have wipeout and hot shots. is twisted metal good?

[quote name='rafissaying']i would use this but the only game i want that sony maeks is mlb 2006. i have all their other good games. i have wipeout and hot shots. is twisted metal good?[/QUOTE]

Well, why not get MLB and then something else and then trade it in somewhere as a preorder? Don't open it, of course.

Damn... I wonder since I already bought Hot Shots Golf about a week or so ago, if they will let me bring in the receipt and get Wipeout Pure for 15 dollars off?

With the 5 dollar coupon, I'd definately snag it for 20 bucks, it's the last game I don't own for my PSP that I want to get.

Who do we call to confirm this deal? Customer service? I don't want to walk in there expecting this deal and get shot down. Are there signs up for it?

Cool, I'm gonna stop by my BestBuy after work later today and try this. I don't get off of work for another 5+ hours though. :(

[quote name='rafissaying']i would use this but the only game i want that sony maeks is mlb 2006. i have all their other good games. i have wipeout and hot shots. is twisted metal good?[/QUOTE]

eh. its twisted metal.

should gretzky hockey be on the list? thats not as bad as the reviews say and that soccer is supposed to be aiiiiight.

I guess we are all coming to realize that the EB trade-in deal for the Sony PSP games was not that big of a deal in retrospect, eh? Unless you did the return for store credit or exchange trick....but it looks like we are learning the real value of these Sony PSP games.

[quote name='BIG5']If not, buy another one and return it with the old reciept.[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm going to have to do. They told me both games must be on the SAME receipt... I wish Best Buy would not make this such a hassle. I'm going to have to rebuy Hot Shots Golf and Wipeout Pure, throw in a coupon (or two, might be able to get away with it), and then take Hot Shots Golf to customer service with my old receipt.

Really wish they made it easier.

And oh, this deal is confirmed, at least in Best Buy's in Tampa, Florida. The guy on the phone told me it was for ALL psp games, I even asked "what's included" and he said "all the games we have".

Call them up and make sure, though, not sure how YMMV this is.

Hmm, I'll have to call and ask.. sounds really YMMV. Anyone know how long it's supposed to last, though?

I wouldn't mind getting Wipout Pure and Hot Shots Golf for $65 or so...

End of the month is what I was told, but don't take that as truth.

The cashier didn't bat an eye when I whipped out the two $5 off coupons, but YMMV as I said.

[quote name='darkje']End of the month is what I was told, but don't take that as truth.

The cashier didn't bat an eye when I whipped out the two $5 off coupons, but YMMV as I said.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it seems nobody in the store knows about this. I initially asked customer service who didn't know, who then asked a manager, who had to ask the video game supervisor, who finally knew of the sale.

hmmm yeah I'm skeptical that they'd let me use 2 coupons on top of the discount, the bb's I goto are usually anal about that.

[quote name='Zoglog']hmmm yeah I'm skeptical that they'd let me use 2 coupons on top of the discount, the bb's I goto are usually anal about that.[/QUOTE]

I actually got away with this too, the trick is to be real confident about it.

If they see you acting a bit nervous or shifty, they might know something is up. I just said "Wait, I think I have a coupon or two" and they took them with no problem. It depends LARGELY on the cashier, though. The cashier I go to is really cool about letting me have deals and price drops, and he usually won't call a manager.

I've noticed the guys, for some reason, are more lenient / don't care far more often then the girls, and it's younger people are better than older people.

If you get an older, female cashier, forget about :p

Another trick is to try and go at the store's peak hours... usually the line will be so long they'll just take both coupons just to get you out of the store. The worst time to go is when they are open, because they have plenty of time to deal with you.

hehe sadly at the BB I goto, almost all the cashiers are girls and have mostly complained whenever I bring a coupon with a "promotion or clearance".

Do both coupons ring in or do they have to enter them manually?

[quote name='Zoglog']hehe sadly at the BB I goto, almost all the cashiers are girls and have mostly complained whenever I bring a coupon with a "promotion or clearance".

Do both coupons ring in or do they have to enter them manually?[/QUOTE]

They just scan them in. At the BB I go to, they usually glance at them for a second, then scan them on through.

Just tried it at BB, but the 5 dollar coupons overwrote the 15 dollar one. I think you have to give them to coupon after they scan it or else it'll overwrite it.

Went to BB today. They would not take the $5 off coupons with the $15 off 2 game deal!! Cashier and store manager said the $5 PSP coupons state that they cannot be combined with any other offer. Oh well. The $15 off 2 games is only for Sony games (not EA, Ubisoft, etc.). Still got Hot Shots Golf Open Tee for $32.50 (before tax).

bread's done
Back