25% off used games at Secondspin.com, ends 04/23/09

[quote name='dim2192']Sucks that there is no free shipping.[/quote]

Yeah but this is an extra 5% more than usual so in some situations it might be more beneficial? I agree though, for the most part Free Shipping is king.

Trying to figure out if Amazon's B2G1 Blu Ray sale outweighs this website's Blu Ray deals....I think it's about even, with Amazon shipping free. Plus, I trust Amazon.

[quote name='craigbezzle']Trying to figure out if Amazon's B2G1 Blu Ray sale outweighs this website's Blu Ray deals....I think it's about even, with Amazon shipping free. Plus, I trust Amazon.[/quote]

Never had any problems with SecondSpin before, and when I did, they probably resolved the issue better than any issue I ever had with Amazon.

For those focusing on DVD's and CDs, Wherehouse.com (which is the same as SecondSpin.com) is running a 20% off + Free Shipping Sale, coupon code WHBIGAPRIL

[quote name='dchrisd']For those focusing on DVD's and CDs, Wherehouse.com (which is the same as SecondSpin.com) is running a 20% off + Free Shipping Sale, coupon code WHBIGAPRIL[/quote]

You should probably pop that into the DVD section if its not there already.

[quote name='NoobHammer']Yeah but this is an extra 5% more than usual so in some situations it might be more beneficial? I agree though, for the most part Free Shipping is king.[/quote]

I think I worked it out last time one of these came around and depending on sales tax (because I'm pretty sure they tax you on the discounted price not the normal cost) and how many items you order (shipping is flat fee for first item and incremental for each additional item) you have to be spending in the neighborhood of at least $50 for it to be worth it in terms of a deal.

Having said that, by the time it got around to a 20% off + free ship deal a month or so later, the things I was hoping to snag were no longer there, so you may also want to take that into consideration if you find something you think is a good enough deal as is, which is what I should have done. :cry:

Short Version: this deal is good for expensive orders, but if you find something that's a good deal as is, free shipping isn't enough cause to not order.

This is a good company.
They sent me a game that wouldn't work, and immediately credited my account for the full amount plus shipping (because they didn't have the game in stock). Of course the game started working about a week later, which made me feel bad.
But it's hit or miss as far as whether you'll get instructions, and several of my games have come in generic cases.
Just don't expect to get perfection.

[quote name='TheGreatWang']http://www.secondspin.com has a 25% off code for all cds, dvds, and games.
Promo Code is SS25APR
Ends 04/23/09
ig.jpg
[/quote]

Great. Thanks op.

[quote name='cartoondream']Do the games come complete?[/QUOTE]

They usually do. I've never got a game from them missing a case, but I've received some without manuals. Sometimes they'll replace the case with a generic one, but you'll still get the original artwork.

[quote name='craigbezzle']Trying to figure out if Amazon's B2G1 Blu Ray sale outweighs this website's Blu Ray deals....I think it's about even, with Amazon shipping free. Plus, I trust Amazon.[/quote]

The Wherehouse deal works out much better for used discs. Their used prices are generally $10 less what Amazon has and that's before you take 20% off and the matched free shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn you cag.
Just ordered MGA 1 and 2 and MM:pU for $36.01.
I figure $12 a game ain't too shabby, though I guess I could've gotten them a little cheaper if I waited longer.

Awesome code, thanks OP. I'm really contemplating grabbing Avalon Code and Yoshi's Island. Just debating since shipping for some reason is so high (with just Avalon Code it was $4). Great deal nonetheless. They've got a pretty nice selection of stuff.

And hm, tempted by Sonic and the Secret Rings as well. I know it's $10 at BBV, but I only know of one copy that's a pretty banged up disc with no artwork from long ago. Luckily shipping seems to get quite cheap(er) the more items you add, so I guess the more I spend the more percentage I retain in savings.

[quote name='dchrisd']For those focusing on DVD's and CDs, Wherehouse.com (which is the same as SecondSpin.com) is running a 20% off + Free Shipping Sale, coupon code WHBIGAPRIL[/quote]
Thanks for this by the way. I've been itching to pick up a couple of CDs and this is almost assuredly the way to go for small items. :D
Not super stoked about having two accounts for what is almost the same exact website, but I'll overlook it since their deals can be quite good.

Thanks for the wherehouse.com tip! I was looking to buy a DVD and the secondspin deal wasn't that great when only buying one disc due to the shipping. The wherehouse coupon saved me almost $3 versus secondspin. Too bad the coupon there isn't good for games, though.

Just a heads up - the 'HEYNOW' code (20% off and free standard shipping) is working again. Don't know how long it will last, though...

Secondspin sent out two of my games lightning fast, and I already have them. But nothing doing with the third one.
I asked them to cancel my order if it was out of stock...

bread's done
Back