25% off USED PSP games & UMD movies at EB/GS B&M

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Expires 1/31/08

This should stack with the Edge card so it's basically 35% off any used PSP game. Hurry up and snatch up the good games!

EBC3004637.jpg

I just tried to use the coupon at the Edgewood Gamestop in atlanta, and the idiot working the counter told me there were currently no promotions like that running after looking at the coupon for like 2 seconds.

I will be very, very reluctant to ever go back there again. Which is a shame, since its 5 minutes from the house.

[quote name='Enron']I just tried to use the coupon at the Edgewood Gamestop in atlanta, and the idiot working the counter told me there were currently no promotions like that running after looking at the coupon for like 2 seconds.

I will be very, very reluctant to ever go back there again. Which is a shame, since its 5 minutes from the house.[/quote]

that's horrible. the coupon itself has the instructions for the cashier. i'd complain to the manager

[quote name='wildnuts02']that's horrible. the coupon itself has the instructions for the cashier. i'd complain to the manager[/quote]

I honestly couldnt believe it. I didnt fight him any further than "I recieved this in a gamestop email" because there were like 5 people behind me and I already felt like a complete f'n FOOL.

You should grab his name and tell his manager. No reason you should feel embarassed cause he sucks at his job. Iv'e used 2 of these 25% off type coupons at 2 different GS's.

The only reason it wouldn't work is if the game is new but and older game so they removed it from the packing to put into the drawer. Iv'e had this happen once and the eployee couln't get it to work for like 5 mins until he realized it was a new game that was just taken out. (Which I think is BS anyways, if it's taken out of the package and someone has handled the disk it's used in my eyes)

[quote name='Enron']I honestly couldnt believe it. I didnt fight him any further than "I recieved this in a gamestop email" because there were like 5 people behind me and I already felt like a complete f'n FOOL.[/QUOTE]

Never give up if you are in the right, and since this coupon is legit, you are doing nothing wrong. I'd scare the shit out of that dumbass and demand to talk to his manager or someone else more competent.

[quote name='bg2001']awesome coupon op - (but 25% off + 10% off doesn't equal 35% off)[/quote]

Actually, the same thing popped into my head once, but it is 35% off, no matter how you look it. Let's say the game in question is $40.

40 x .35 = 14 (so, $14 off)
(40 x .25) + (40 x .1) = 14 (so, $14 off)

In case anyone was wondering, yes, the Edge discount is off the original price. This is how it came off everytime I have ever used the card and a coupon like this one.

[quote name='Negative']Never give up if you are in the right, and since this coupon is legit, you are doing nothing wrong. I'd scare the shit out of that dumbass and demand to talk to his manager or someone else more competent.[/quote]

Yeah, but like I said I already felt like a total ass standing there with a goddamned printout coupon asking about it trying to save 5 bucks off of a used copy of Monster Hunter on psp. Its not really worth it to make that much of a scene to me just to save a few bucks. What made it worse was the store was full of college students and two families.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Actually, the same thing popped into my head once, but it is 35% off, no matter how you look it. Let's say the game in question is $40.

In case anyone was wondering, yes, the Edge discount is off the original price. This is how it came off everytime I have ever used the card and a coupon like this one.[/quote]

Yup. i was hoping someone would post this. I'm a little too lazy these days ;)

When I click the coupon link, I get sent to the Gamestop front page.
Is there something I need to click on the front page to get the coupon?
I just got a PSP for christmas, so I could really use it.

[quote name='philamark']When I click the coupon link, I get sent to the Gamestop front page.
Is there something I need to click on the front page to get the coupon?
I just got a PSP for christmas, so I could really use it.[/quote]

It's an e-mail coupon. Just print the coupon up from the original post. Most cashiers just look at it and scan it in. If you think you're going to have a problem, have someone forward you the e-mail.

I don't think I'll have a problem using it. I used the DS coupon they issued a couple weeks ago with no problem.
I just can't get the coupon from the original post. All I see is the Gamestop front page.

Right click it instead of left clicking and select print picture.

If your still having problems PM me your email and I can forward my email letter to you.

[quote name='wildnuts02']Yup. i was hoping someone would post this. I'm a little too lazy these days ;)[/QUOTE]

I would have if I saw it earlier...

Pretty good deal, might go pick up some games tomorrow while Im out

[quote name='joshnorm']Well I was hoping for a DS or Wii 25% off coupon but I guess I could attempt to find something worth picking up. Maybe...[/quote]

That's not gonna happen anytime soon bro. GameStop is trying to get rid of some of their last gen stuff and games that don't sell well (PSP Games, thanks to bootleggers that are to cheap to spend $20 on a fuckin game!)

[quote name='joshnorm']Well I was hoping for a DS or Wii 25% off coupon but I guess I could attempt to find something worth picking up. Maybe...[/quote]

They already had a DS coupon a couple weeks ago, so I don't think we will see that one again soon. And as the other poster said, it's highly doubtful you'd see a Wii one for a long time. If anything, it would be a really crappy one, like "any used Wii game under $14.99." It wouldn't help us get anything good.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Have anyone seen Batman Begins on UMD in sight?[/QUOTE]

I was very fortunate find a used copy at my Gamestop for $12.99 a few months ago. It really is a tough one to find.

picked up ratchet & clank size matters for $28 with the coupon. Gonna hold out the next few days to see if anything of want happens to come in.

Much love to the OP for giving me a reason to visit Game Stop. Picked up Disgaea for the PSP for 28 bucks. Also found two new copies of Persona 3 and a copy of Wild Arms 5.

Some games I suggest you check out:

Crush is around $17 with edge stacked. Very cool 2d/3d puzzler. You shifted from 2D to 3D to collect items and make it to the exit. Also a trippy backstory, you're in a guy's broken mind...

Dead Head Fred. $11ish stacked. Very good writing/dialog/voice acting. Nice little adventure game with a "Burton like" feel. It has been looked over but hey, that means if you missed you can grab it on the cheap!

Exit = $6.50 stacked. Fun little puzzler where you move Mr. Esc through buildings saving people from fires and climbing ropes... Well it is more fun then it sounds here... :)

Picked up Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner, Spectral Souls, Metal Slug (luckily I was able to find another store that had it and them place it on hold under my name), Activision Hits, Megaman Powered Up and Dragoneer's Aria. I'm probably done for now, outside of a miracle copy of Disgaea. Which I doubt that I'll find...

picked up disgaea:AOD, silent hill experience/origins, and ffvii advent chidren umd yesterday. i'm loving these coupons.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Actually, the same thing popped into my head once, but it is 35% off, no matter how you look it. Let's say the game in question is $40.

In case anyone was wondering, yes, the Edge discount is off the original price. This is how it came off everytime I have ever used the card and a coupon like this one.[/quote]
hey - that is spot on if they applied coupons like that. unfortunately, i've never seen a store that actually does it like that. they apply the 20% off first and then the additional 10% off the already discounted price. so in your example it actually would work like this:

40 x .25 = 10; 40 - 10 = 30

then

30 x .1 = 3; 3 + 10 = 13

total savings are actually 13 which comes to 32.5 % off.

I know it is picky, but it is useful info because sometimes things look like better deals than they actually are.

STILL ---- this is a great deal and i definitely plan to take advantage of it :)

Well it's a 25% coupon, so if that is indeed how it is applied (which I think it is) then :

40 x .25 = 10
30 x .1 = 3

$13 off of $40 is 32.5%.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Some games I suggest you check out:

Crush is around $17 with edge stacked. Very cool 2d/3d puzzler. You shifted from 2D to 3D to collect items and make it to the exit. Also a trippy backstory, you're in a guy's broken mind...

Dead Head Fred. $11ish stacked. Very good writing/dialog/voice acting. Nice little adventure game with a "Burton like" feel. It has been looked over but hey, that means if you missed you can grab it on the cheap!

Exit = $6.50 stacked. Fun little puzzler where you move Mr. Esc through buildings saving people from fires and climbing ropes... Well it is more fun then it sounds here... :)[/quote]

looks like I'm gunna get crush and maybe exit, thanks for the info

Is it ok if I just bring in the coupon code number? Or upload it to my PSP... I dont have printer ink.

[quote name='SINNED']Is it ok if I just bring in the coupon code number? Or upload it to my PSP... I dont have printer ink.[/quote]

that is such an awesome question.....my guess is that they will want the coupon, but who knows, you might get a cool employee who would take it. i think it depends on whether they are still stuck in the 20th century or not :)

Picked up Death Jr. 2, Monster Hunter Freedom, and Popolocrois for just under $30 after tax. Awesome.

They had Killzone Liberation and Mercury Meltdown, but they had those generic Gamestop inserts and not the game insert, which I hate, so I passed on those.

Picked up Chili Con Carnage (couldn't find it at CC) and Every Extend Extra at one store, and Dead Head Fred & Innocent Life at another. Thanks OP!

[quote name='bg2001']hey - that is spot on if they applied coupons like that. unfortunately, i've never seen a store that actually does it like that. they apply the 20% off first and then the additional 10% off the already discounted price. so in your example it actually would work like this:

40 x .25 = 10; 40 - 10 = 30

then

30 x .1 = 3; 3 + 10 = 13

total savings are actually 13 which comes to 32.5 % off.

I know it is picky, but it is useful info because sometimes things look like better deals than they actually are.

STILL ---- this is a great deal and i definitely plan to take advantage of it :)[/quote]

As I clearly stated in my other post...and as others have confirmed...that is not how GS does it. You get the Edge discount and the coupon discount off of the original price. So, it is exactly 35% off.

Picked up Metal Slug Anthology for $11.69 before tax
Silent Hill Orgins for $16.24 before tax
Metal of Honor Heroes 2 for $22.74 before tax

Great coupon.

There's one Gamestop a bit farther that has Killzone Liberation and Crazy Taxi Fare Wars. Another has Metal Slug. Must resist temptation.

Unfortunately the stores here have next to no COMPLETE PSP games and since I refuse to buy anything less I didn't get much. All I got was a copy of heatseeker for about 9$.

I'll have to hit up a few of the local stores and get FFT, as well. I have been avoiding this game, because I know how much of my life was consumed by the original in high school. But, oh well.

Thanks for the coupon! I went to check out the PSP game selections at the two Gamestops in my local mall (apparently they both do very well to warrant keeping both stores in such a small distance). Here is what I bought:

- Ren and Stimpy UMD
- Every Extend Extra
- Daxter

Hit my GS friday afternoon. Its kinda a smallish store so their selection was very limited. But they did have Tales of the World so I was gonna pick it up. Only they can't find the UMD. Strike One

Went a few miles away to the Big GS place is a total disaster. Manager said they just remodeled. Was a joke nothing in place everything all over. At least the help was nice.

Was gonna pick up Tales of the World and Metal Gear Acid 2, same deal can' find the UMDs. Strike Two.

But store manager says "Store #1 has Tales new"

I'm like I have a 25% off used coupon why would I want it new? (especially when i can get it from Amazon with no tax.....)

So strike 3

Grrr I miss my old EB in houston.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Probs the best game I've ever played on the PSP.
Alteast for me.
I'm on my way to pick up a copy.[/quote]

I agree, it had a damn good story and game is not too hard and not too easy.
For me its a best PSP game. :applause:

Picked up Jeanne D'arc for around $18 plus tax, thanks!

[quote name='jthieme']I picked up FFT and Jeanne D' Arc both with original case and manuals with this sale.[/quote]

Mine was complete as well, and it took me several EB's to find a decent copy but I did...at the most rundown one you can imagine.

[quote name='nflsonic']Thanks for the coupon! I went to check out the PSP game selections at the two Gamestops in my local mall (apparently they both do very well to warrant keeping both stores in such a small distance). Here is what I bought:[/quote]
There's a mall in my state that has three stores. There is a GS store, one EB, and one that still says Software Etc outside.

Anyway, I hit up the two stores in my city. The first one, the one that is always busy and gets a lot of business, had a ton of used PSP stuff, but no FFT! Damn. But luckily, the other store, one that no one ever goes to and never has anything I want, had a copy, despite having never to nothing in the used PSP section.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']As I clearly stated in my other post...and as others have confirmed...that is not how GS does it. You get the Edge discount and the coupon discount off of the original price. So, it is exactly 35% off.[/quote]

yep you guys were right - sorry!

bread's done
Back