25% Used DVD/Games @ Gamestop.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

biocandy

CAGiversary!
With 17hrs left at the time of this posting.
Cannot be used with any other coupon.
Only valid at gamestop.com not the retail locations (obviously)

25% off all in-stock used video games & DVDs!

Add any used video game or DVD movie to your shopping cart.

Enter coupon code 25USED into the coupon code box on your shopping cart page.

PROCEED to checkout as normal & select your shipping method. Your discount will be applied at checkout!

[quote name='cranguy']AFF25 has been working for awhile to get 25% off used... it's just not advertised. No need bust yourself over the time limit.[/quote]

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']I'd be a good deal if the site guarantees Instruction Booklet and Original Case, but it doesn't. You may end up with just a disk.[/quote]

And a horrendously scratched up one that probably won't work, at that. I've had bad experiences with gamestop.com and buying used games, it's just not worth the hassle to me any more.

I've actually had great experience with gamestop.com

I have only once not gotten an instruction booklet, but every other time the games were complete. My favorite time though was when I ordered RE4 for the ps2 and they sent me the premium edition.

With GS.com, can you return to B&M? e.g. if it arrived disc only, can I take it back to a GS B&M to get full refund (minus shipping I guess).

Thanks!

[quote name='Asgardian']With GS.com, can you return to B&M? e.g. if it arrived disc only, can I take it back to a GS B&M to get full refund (minus shipping I guess).

Thanks![/quote]

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/returnpolicy.asp

"Items may be returned by taking them to an EB Games/GameStop store location in the United States. Items returned to an EB Games/GameStop store location must be accompanied by the original packing list. "

[quote name='Asgardian']With GS.com, can you return to B&M? e.g. if it arrived disc only, can I take it back to a GS B&M to get full refund (minus shipping I guess).

Thanks![/quote]

yea you can, just make sure you have your packing slip or any receipt type stuff that comes with it.

[quote name='Teqonix']And a horrendously scratched up one that probably won't work, at that. I've had bad experiences with gamestop.com and buying used games, it's just not worth the hassle to me any more.[/quote]

That's cause it's usually defective games sent back to the warehouse to be resurfaced only to be sold online. That's one reason why I stick with the stores instead of ordering online. It's better to check the disc before buying in the store than waiting to find it scratched to hell when I get it through the mail.

[quote name='zman73']might want to specify in the title of the thread this is on the website as opposed to B&M[/quote]

Seriously, I was all excited for a B&M one!

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']I'd be a good deal if the site guarantees Instruction Booklet and Original Case, but it doesn't. You may end up with just a disk.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Teqonix']And a horrendously scratched up one that probably won't work, at that. I've had bad experiences with gamestop.com and buying used games, it's just not worth the hassle to me any more.[/QUOTE]
I wish I had a dime everytime these quotes were said about GS/EB in the last year. So true............Only buy used at B&M and even then, check the games/disks. I find some there that looked like they were "cleaned" with sandpaper. Why doesnt GS at least resurface the terrible ones?

*edit* I just read the post above mine about the defective ones should be resurfaced back at the warehouse to be sold online.

sorry about the title not being 100% clear. tis my first post over here.

yeah ive had bad experiences with GS.com and ive had good.. i got a bunk refurb ps2 from them which i had to send back (this was way before they merged with ebgames) the service wasnt the greatest but i ended up with a working system and games in the end of it. but since theyve merged with EB ive had 0 problems. and i figure if the disc is fubar.. i can run up to the GS B&M thats just around the corner :)

I might use this later tonight - its always been hit or miss with games for me from either site, but with easier returns, I'm only risking S/H so its no big deal. Thanks for the reminder OP.

I've had good and bad experiences with buying gs.com, I've recieved near prefect condition games, but I remember one game that was just disk only, and another time where my case was covered in stickers, and the booklet had a giant water ring on it, probably used as a coaster at one point. I also remember years ago that I got a defective disk, but then I went to the store to exchange it.

AFF25 has been working for awhile to get 25% off used... it's just not advertised. No need bust yourself over the time limit.

Seeing deals through gamestop/eb online always makes me remember the good old days of morning update, always 25% off, free shipping and guaranteed completeness... :cry:

Can't stand ordering from them now.

[quote name='thericochet']Their selection of used GBA and NDS games are surprisingly small and crappy. 4 NDS games and 9 GBA games.[/quote]

I'd have been in for a NDS or GBA game too. But with only 3 NDS games (the 4th item is a used system) why does Gamestop even bother? :roll:

I've had OK luck ordering from them online, but seriously, where's the Nintendo love?

[quote name='thericochet']Their selection of used GBA and NDS games are surprisingly small and crappy. 4 NDS games and 9 GBA games.[/QUOTE]
Not really surprising. Every time they have a deal I check the NDS and 360 sections. NDS hasn't been any good for easily a year.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Does anyone know if you can go to the store and exchange a game if you get a scratched disk or one without booklet/case?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

YMMV.

It all depends on employee or management.Most of eb or gamestop i went to were really cool about and let me exchanged with no problems.of course,you can always lie and say it defective to exchange for another

[quote name='Damian']Not really surprising. Every time they have a deal I check the NDS and 360 sections. NDS hasn't been any good for easily a year.[/QUOTE]

That is true. I guess I'm more surprised at the lack of used GBA games though. Although there could be a lot of guys out there like me that never had a GBA, just got an NDS and are catching up on the previous generation thanks to backwards compatibility.

[quote name='fatbeer']YMMV.

It all depends on employee or management.Most of eb or gamestop i went to were really cool about and let me exchanged with no problems.of course,you can always lie and say it defective to exchange for another[/QUOTE]

last few I went to they were cool about it.

Couple years back I had to browbeat a guy into giving me a refund for an obviously scratched game. He was like "we are separate from the EBwarehouse..." I looked at him and said "EB games, EBGames.com" either way EB corporate got my money for a broken game, and now I want it back.

He refunded me and told me "we dont usually do this"

I should have given him the resevoir dogs line "Never mind what you'd NORMALLY do"

does anybody know when there is going to be a buy 2 get 1 free on used games at eb/gamestop? is it this month? are they gonna put a coupon in the next game informer? i would think that it would be coming out soon.

thanks for the coupon code

just got Marvel vs Capcom 2 (xbox) for 45 dollars

great deal, considering the fact that on ebay and amazon, pricing starts at $70.

I also picked up Kill.Switch because I read that it was one of Cliffy B's main inspirations for Gears of War.

Lastly, also got Outrun 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back