$25 XB Messenger Kit @ Circuit Shizzy

I may be out of the loop here, but what's new about the headset?

I'd love to get this Mini-keyboard...but it doesn't seem to be of much use on live.

You can only use the headset with the chat pad plugged in, from what I'm told. Which means that the headset is pretty much worthless in any game that you don't need to have the bulky chatpad connected for.

I would be all over this, but it just seems too bulky to have connected to the controller. I'll probably stick to my cheapo USB keyboard.

Thanks for the post, OP.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I knew the meaning, just hadn't seen CC referred to that way ;)

Edit: Would this serve as a working keyboard for PSU, and allow communication through text bubbles?[/quote]'

I haven't done it personally, but some say no. USB keyboard, yes.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']But, Circuit city offers free shipping on this item without having to purchase another.[/quote]

Circuit City also charges tax too!

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Would this serve as a working keyboard for PSU, and allow communication through text bubbles?[/quote]
Is this what you're looking for? I kinda want it, but I suspect it's a POS. Which is beside the point becase it's not even in stock.

i love this thing. I text a lot on xbox so its worth it to me. Also, if you use msn on it, it makes it easier (you click a button which brings up a chatbox). It does not get in the way or make it heavy.

And about the headsets, the updated one is different in that at the bottom where it connects its just a single jack (sorry I'm not too technical) instead of the older ones which have little black things beside it. And so instead of the volume/mute controls being at the base (like the old one), it's in the middle of the cord.
Therefore, you can use this "updated" headset with the keyboard or without it. But you cannot use the old headset with the keyboard.

One last thing, it does not work with PSU, which sucks.

I've had the chatpad for quite awhile now and love it. I agree that it is not heavy or weight the controller down. It does not get in my way at all. I also have some windows live messenger contacts that i chat with while i'm on my xbox, so its great for that, or if i'm not in the mood to voice chat with my xbox live contacts.

[quote name='Tomeeboy']You can only use the headset with the chat pad plugged in, from what I'm told. Which means that the headset is pretty much worthless in any game that you don't need to have the bulky chatpad connected for.[/quote]
No, you CAN use this new headset WITHOUT the chatpad.

just plug it into the controller.

Are there any custom drivers out that will allow this to be used in conjunction with your 360 controller on windows?

I'll snatch it in a heartbeat if I can use it as a keyboard in windows while I'm gaming.

My friend has this and I played Halo with it on and it definitely does not make the controller bulky or heavy. The circuit city near me said they would match the price in the store so I'm going to get it there if all goes well.

I got this at Buy.com using the GCO so it was $19.99.

I think this is probably my favorite peripherial I've purchased for the 360. It's very well made, it's not too heavy and it gives the controller a perfect balance, IMHO. It is expecially nice for recovering a friend of mine's gamertag when he comes over (neither of us have a memory card), chatting and entering in MS point cards.

[quote name='jrrab']My friend has this and I played Halo with it on and it definitely does not make the controller bulky or heavy. The circuit city near me said they would match the price in the store so I'm going to get it there if all goes well.[/QUOTE]
Thats what they say on the phone just wait til you get there.

[quote name='jrrab']My friend has this and I played Halo with it on and it definitely does not make the controller bulky or heavy. The circuit city near me said they would match the price in the store so I'm going to get it there if all goes well.[/quote]Just do it as an in-store pickup order, and problem solved.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']great for phantasy star online.[/QUOTE]

Except that it doesn't work according to the people in this thread :(

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Except that it doesn't work according to the people in this thread :([/QUOTE]

What the fruit...that would be the perfect use for the messenger...oh well not that it matters..my 360 bricked today.

$5 off is not much of a deal. Especially since you can pretty much walk in to Best Buy at any time with $5 off Gamepro coupon and pick it up a your leisure. Come back when you got a real deal on it.

bread's done
Back