250gb hdd

JamalH

CAG Veteran
Hey guys, i recently purchased one of these from a seller in the UK

www.dvd.co.uk, it arrived today and it all seems sweet, manual, transfer cable disc etc.

I took the HD out and it seems that the HD connector that connects with the console is slightly loose and there is a faint scratching on the sticker with the serial number and other info.

It came in an official sealed Microsoft retail box, my concern is that the loose fixture seems to be strange, Anyone else had the same thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
arent they all a little wiggly? I know it is on my 20 and 120gb hdds

also, if it works without any problems then why does it matter?

Yeah i know mate, just wondering if its normal thats all.

My 60gb connector is quite sturdy

[quote name='JamalH']Yeah i know mate, just wondering if its normal thats all.[/QUOTE]

The looseness of the connector is completely normal given the way the case is made. The connector in question isn't actually secured to the shell. Instead, it is fitted under the edge of the interior, metal housing and held in place via pressure applied from the cable connector on the back of the drive. Any variance in that pressure can easily cause the exterior connector to wobble or move around slightly.

I'd be more concerned about the sticker scratches since that hints at a possible return/repackage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you can tell if it's genuine by trying to play a backward compatible xbox game in it. Not positive, but I think only the authentic ones currently allow it.

bread's done
Back