I would love for it to be true but there seems to be some skepticism about it being authentic. My opinion of him isn't going to change at all but I am really curious to see what all the fuss has been about if these records are authentic.

I like that these people just took the 'Romney should reveal his tax returns' chant off the table because someone's trying to blackmail him. Way to go, idiots.

If he got his tax rate down to 0% through entirely legal means, then who cares? Everybody looks for breaks on their taxes every year.

[quote name='Spokker']If he got his tax rate down to 0% through entirely legal means, then who cares? Everybody looks for breaks on their taxes every year.[/QUOTE]

Well, it would speak to what is the proper policy moving forward. It would (perhaps) illuminate what 'loopholes' exist in the tax code in a clear example not just in the abstract.

For example, if a person who owns a small business selling specialty cakes is able to legally claim a tax break as a "manufacturer" because the cakes are multi-layered and assembled; maybe the public sees that as a violation of the "spirit" of the law even though not the letter. It opens up the floor for a wider policy debate.

It's particularly relavent re: Gov. Romney as his whole 'balanced budget plan' is predicated on "closing loopholes". He's never said exactly which loopholes he wants to close. Perhaps (indeed I'd say likely) there are loopholes well known to a few that the public isnt aware of. Having a clear and specific example of how some of the tax breaks work gives the public a chance to decide if they feel the breaks are a net benefit to the country or if they'd rather see the tax code taken in a different direction.

It just shows he favors allowing the top few percent to weasel out of paying their fair share in taxes, and that his policies will continue to uphold that and likely expand such loopholes.

The top 1% paying lower effective tax rates than the middle class doesn't bode well with a lot of swing voters. Those policies are supported by the 1 percenters and by hoodwinked middle class and under conservatives who buy into the anti-big government rhetoric and vote against their own financial self interests.

In short, it would just be more ammo for the Dems to paint Romney as out of touch with the middle class and under and only concerned about what's best for his ilk. So not a huge deal as they have more than enough to paint that picture already. It could catch him in a lie though if he ever paid less than 13% in the past 10 years though, since he said he paid at least that each year over that span.

[quote name='Spokker']If he got his tax rate down to 0% through entirely legal means, then who cares? Everybody looks for breaks on their taxes every year.[/QUOTE]

I certainly care. Something being legal doesn't mean it is correct. There are useful tax credits and there are unfair tax credits. It's important to have this discussion.

It also means that we can not take Romney seriously when it comes to controlling federal spending. An individual who is unwilling to contribute (n.b. "unwilling to contribute," not "unable to contribute") to federal taxes is, in my view, disqualified from expressing outrage over the size of our deficit - because that individual has shirked their obligation to American society and contributed to the deficit in a very direct way.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Not one American is born with an obligation to pay shit towards the American deficit. fuck that mindset.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha...wut? Sorry, but we're all responsible for better or worse. It's a systemic problem, not an individual one.

No no no.

Someone who avoids paying taxes can not complain about the existence of the deficit.

It is not the same thing as saying he must pay taxes to shrink the deficit. The lack of tax based revenue means that the individual is directly responsible for causing deficits, not obliged to pay them down.

Those responsible for debt are those who spent without having secured the tax revenue in place to pay for it. We have this problem in California where voters vote yes on initiatives for luxury items (and the corresponding bonds to pay for them) while simultaneously voting down taxes.

This has been all over the local news. If they really did this as they claim, that office has some really shitty security.

[quote name='Soodmeg']http://m.nashvillescene.com/nashville/blogs/Post?basename=cp-hackers-say-they-nabbed-romneys-tax-records-through-franklin-office-plan-to-release&day=05&id=pitw&month=09&year=2012

iPhone post so can't really discuss too much. Thought j would toss it Up here and are what you guys thibk

We will see when it actually comes out but If true I am interested in seeing what he is hiding.[/QUOTE]

now someone needs to hack into obama school records and prove he was never born in hawaii

[quote name='slidecage']now someone needs to hack into obama school records and prove he was never born in hawaii[/QUOTE]
You're a lot of things slidecage... Not even YOU can be stupid enough to actually be a birther though :roll:

[quote name='RealDeals']You're a lot of things slidecage... Not even YOU can be stupid enough to actually be a birther though :roll:[/QUOTE]

then why is he hiding his school records

ya a D and F high school student would be allowed into one of the best LAW schools yea i buy that

even his first books say born in Kenya

just wait 3o or 40 years from now it will come out he was not born in the usa and how they was able to pull this major scam on the entire world and then demand the law be changed

i dont give a flying fuck where he was born be man enough to come out and say it but they never will

[quote name='RealDeals']You're a lot of things slidecage... Not even YOU can be stupid enough to actually be a birther though :roll:[/QUOTE]

well he proved you wrong! he certainly is that stupid!

Are you kidding? :rofl:

if you so fucking smart then answer them

why even in his first books say right in the cover Born in KENYA

How can someone who admitted they did very poorly in high school and was even lucky to pass so of the classes Get into one of the BEST LAW SCHOOLS

and its pretty funny hes hiding these records and Not a single person has ever came out and said yea i went to school with him

none of this really matters though cause you know he will win in november cause all of the mother fuckers on welfare will vote his ass back into office so they dont have to get off their asses and get jobs

[quote name='DurbanBrown']This is funny. I dont claim to know either way, but im not 100% convinced hes an american either... Honestly[/QUOTE]
He's like an angry version of Borat.

[quote name='slidecage']if you so fucking smart then answer them

why even in his first books say right in the cover Born in KENYA[/QUOTE]

Errr... it was a pamphlet... written by his agent (not even ghost written by him) for promotional purposes.

At worst, he's guilty of lying about his background to sell more books.

[quote name='mykevermin']what in the jesus christ happened here in the past two hours?[/QUOTE]

i entered the topic :)

we know all topics go to hell when i post to them....

[quote name='DurbanBrown']ha, i was thinking more like "the dictator"[/QUOTE]
Haven't seen it yet, could be.

[quote name='slidecage']if you so fucking smart then answer them

why even in his first books say right in the cover Born in KENYA

How can someone who admitted they did very poorly in high school and was even lucky to pass so of the classes Get into one of the BEST LAW SCHOOLS

and its pretty funny hes hiding these records and Not a single person has ever came out and said yea i went to school with him

none of this really matters though cause you know he will win in november cause all of the mother fuckers on welfare will vote his ass back into office so they dont have to get off their asses and get jobs[/QUOTE]

images

It's pretty sad that, in this day and age, with a constant stream of information and factchecking available almost instantaneously, falsehoods can be repeated so often that people take them to be the gospel truth, never bothering to look beyond the surface.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Soodmeg']Seriously, slidecage might be the very first person I put on the ignore list and that is saying something because I had some huge rivals on CAG before.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but then you'd miss out on all the fun insanity.

bread's done
Back