2GB SD Card $15 after MIR. $20 Shipped Great for Wii!

I was actually coming to post about that 2GB plus reader, I ordered one last night, $20 even after google checkout and free shipping. Kingston card and comes with the reader, so hopefully we can trade gamesaves online.

Thanks for the deal. I ordered the 2GB from Buy with Google checkout. That'll be plenty of space for MP3's and such on my Wii.

[quote name='Gojtron']I was actually coming to post about that 2GB plus reader, I ordered one last night, $20 even after google checkout and free shipping. Kingston card and comes with the reader, so hopefully we can trade gamesaves online.[/quote]

Hopefully so, I'd love to be able to trade saves!

[quote name='SonicPower']Has anyone's 1GB SD Card shipped? Mine has been sitting at "Sent to Warehouse" since Sunday.[/quote]

Same with mine. I e-mailed buy.com about it and this is what they said:

We apologize that the delivery of your order is taking longer than
expected. Due to a setback from the manufacturer, item #202743519 on
your order is currently In Stock Soon.

We update our web site once every 24 hours. Occasionally, items run out
of stock before we can update this information. We are working on
providing more frequent updates in the future.

Currently, we do not have an estimated time of arrival for your item.
You will receive an email from us once the product you ordered ships.
Please note that your credit card will not be billed until that time.

If you decide not to wait for this product, you may request for a
cancellation by visiting our web site at:

http://www.buy.com/corp/support/login.asp?What=cancel

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Please feel free to contact us if you have other questions. Your
satisfaction is important to us. Please add
[email protected] to your contact list to prevent your
spam filter from blocking succeeding e-mail.

Sincerely,

Josua
Buy.com Customer Service
www.buy.com

Argh! >_< Why hasn't it shipped yet?!?!?!?!?! ?_?

I really want to kill Buy.com right now. This is the first time I have been shafted with an order with them.

The rebate is only valid 30 days AFTER the date of purchase. This is not good.

Got my 1 gig in the mail yesterday. Anyone know if just the packing slip will be ok for the rebate? It says it needs original (or copy of) sales receipt, and confirmation emails don't count.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Got my 1 gig in the mail yesterday. Anyone know if just the packing slip will be ok for the rebate? It says it needs original (or copy of) sales receipt, and confirmation emails don't count.[/QUOTE]

I got mine yesterday as well. Whenever I purchase something online I always just send in a printout of confirmation email. It has worked for me every time.

FYI

Beware all who are ordering, I ordered a memory stick from Buy.com before and they denied my rebate that I sent in because they said an online reciept doesn't count as a real reciept.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']FYI

Beware all who are ordering, I ordered a memory stick from Buy.com before and they denied my rebate that I sent in because they said an online reciept doesn't count as a real reciept.[/quote]
I would have called the rebate center and complain to them about it.

One time, I was denied a rebate because I did a pricematch. Called the rebate center about it, and I was instantly approved for my rebate check.

My SD Card shipped yesterday, too!

I really want to order a 2GB card for the Wii, but I have 2 concerns.

1) Compatibility: sure, it really should not be an issue with a name brand card, but I almost want to wait just to make sure.

2) Speed: It's tempting to order a name brand 2GB card for $20, but if a 150x card for $40 will make a difference in gameplay for VC games, I'd kick myself.

Flash memory prices aren't going anywhere for the foreseeable future, so I may convince myself to wait.

Any thoughts???

[quote name='shadowknight']I really want to order a 2GB card for the Wii, but I have 2 concerns.

1) Compatibility: sure, it really should not be an issue with a name brand card, but I almost want to wait just to make sure.

2) Speed: It's tempting to order a name brand 2GB card for $20, but if a 150x card for $40 will make a difference in gameplay for VC games, I'd kick myself.

Flash memory prices aren't going anywhere for the foreseeable future, so I may convince myself to wait.

Any thoughts???[/quote]
1) Any SD Card should work. It's a system that reads SD cards after all.

2) I'm pretty sure that games are cached in the ram to prevent any differences in gameplay for VC games. It's like running emulation on a USB 1.0 flash disk. It won't make a difference aside from loading the game initially for caching.

I take a bit of offense at some comments with underlying assumptions that Simpletech is a shady generic product, mainly because I work there.

The thing to know about all these cards, brand name or not, is that they all invariably get their flash from the same sources. Furthermore, most of them have off-shore manufacturing. While this is a little known fact, because we are not into commercial sales as much as OEM, we are the only or at least, up until very very recently, the only company to have an onsite, US-based manufacturing plant.

That said, assembly occurs overseas. Just like it does with every other product. So trust brand to an extent, but also it is best to know a bit about the process as well because some companies just take preassembled cards from other companies and slap their labels on them. That's what you should be avoiding.

I see several posts in this thread discussing the $15 rebate on the Kingston 1GB SD card, and I'm still not sure what to send in with the rebate form. I have a Google Checkout "receipt," and a Buy.com "Master Packing Slip" (doesn't show price or payment), so I guess I'll send both in with the rebate form. Anybody know how to print out a Buy.com "receipt" for purchases made through Google Checkout? Seems like that would be the ideal document to have.

[quote name='Dah-Dee']I see several posts in this thread discussing the $15 rebate on the Kingston 1GB SD card, and I'm still not sure what to send in with the rebate form. I have a Google Checkout "receipt," and a Buy.com "Master Packing Slip" (doesn't show price or payment), so I guess I'll send both in with the rebate form. Anybody know how to print out a Buy.com "receipt" for purchases made through Google Checkout? Seems like that would be the ideal document to have.[/quote]

I have the same question/problem. I know on the rebate form it says: "Sales order confirmation e-mails will not be accepted as proof of purchase."

Anyone have a phone number for these people?

I ordered and they sent me a 1GB USB Flash Drive instead even though the packing slip is correct.

They havent responded to my support email either.

[quote name='kapkorn']Anyone have a phone number for these people?

I ordered and they sent me a 1GB USB Flash Drive instead even though the packing slip is correct.

They havent responded to my support email either.[/QUOTE]
You got to be kidding me! I got mine in the mail today and it was the stupid 1GB USB Flash drive too. I emailed them this morning and haven't heard anything either.

[quote name='I Am Legend']You got to be kidding me! I got mine in the mail today and it was the stupid 1GB USB Flash drive too. I emailed them this morning and haven't heard anything either.[/quote]

Glad I cancelled my order!:lol: Oh yeah! Give THEM HELL!

it's now 55 dollars shipped with 21 dollars in 2 rebates and - 20 dollars for google checkout. for a final total of 14 bucks.
dunno if I want to do those rebates though

[quote name='I Am Legend']You got to be kidding me! I got mine in the mail today and it was the stupid 1GB USB Flash drive too. I emailed them this morning and haven't heard anything either.[/quote]

I had the same fucking thing happen. i was like wtf. they couldnt even send a 2 gb. i think they rean out and that was what they did instead. or they had some tool bag shipping out parts. i got an rma and a prepaid shipping label to mail back tomorrow.

I got my 2GB as described today - went for it under the (lesser $ 5.00 rebate) when it was still cheaper - paid $ 17.xx out the door after tax - rebate. I am in So.Cal so got it fast via an Ontario,CA dist. center.

So far so good and the buy.com $ 20 off $ 50.00 is still going strong for me on PS3 games and or combos of Blu-Ray discs. (those end up being about $ 14.00 each or even 4.00 USD once you deduct the bundled rebate forms via PS3 console launch package).

REWN

Had to find this thread for the rebate on the 2GB card. Figured a few people who ordered in Nov might still need the rebate in the OP.

bread's done
Back