2K announces new boxing game - Don King Boxing!

archibishopthedoge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
139 (100%)
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=3151801

2K Announces Don King Boxing Game for 360, DS, and Wii

By Sam Kennedy

To coincide with the Spike TV Videogame Awards, in which Don King was a presenter, 2K Games announced its brand new boxing game Don King Presents: Prizefighter. Slated to hit the 360, DS, and Wii (and possibly others, though 2K's not saying) in the spring of 2008, Prizefighter is said to provide the deepest boxing experience yet with a documentary-style approach to its presentation. More so than any other boxing game before it, the attempt is to deliver an in-depth career mode, with all the obstacles that face a real boxer -- which is where the legendary boxing promoter's expertise comes in.
We'll have to wait to see exactly what 2K and Don King's take on boxing games will play like, but it's also worth noting that Prizefighter is being developed by 2K's UK-based Venom Games studio, the guys behind the Rocky games for PS2 and Xbox.

We'll actually be back more on the game soon -- including an exclusive first interview with the man himself, Don King -- so stay tuned!

[quote name='Malik112099']that means EA is getting FNR4 ready....[/quote]Not at EA Chicago they aren't! Maybe they'll have BioWare make it.

And why Don King? Mayweather want too much money to be on the cover?

[quote name='Agrippan']At least there's no worry about them announcing Darth Vader as a playable character.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure...

Actually, this will cause problems for FN because don is the promoter for about everybody big. Really, really, want to play as PacMan, boxing people know who he is.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']Actually, this will cause problems for FN because don is the promoter for about everybody big. Really, really, want to play as PacMan, boxing people know who he is.[/quote]
PacMan Jones? The former NFL player?

Anybody here know if MLB 2k8 will be out this year? I haven't heard anything about that just curious if anybody has any information on that.

[quote name='guyver2077']i would get this first day if they somehow could get tyson[/quote]

i dont know.. i dont think i'd want to be in a boxing game =/

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']Pacquiao? From the Phillipines? Somehow I forget his first name but I can remember that his whole country stops to watch his fights.[/quote]

yep manny "pacman" pacquiao

won't be near as good as fight night. I want to see some screens of this and that UFC game where they showed a super awesome "gameplay video" that they were beating the fuck out of each other and the skin effects were good.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']I have a question. How does 2k stay in business? Honestly?

Didnt 2k8 drop to 29.99 after like two months? Its like 9.99 now?[/quote]

Bioshock.

The best part about Manny Pacman is that he is like a government official. He pretty much could run for president and win if he wanted to. Im half filipino and I was talking to my grandfather thats filipino about him and he knows everything about the guy, i didnt even know my grandfather liked boxing but he loves this guy.

bread's done
Back