2K Will Not Renew MLB License

It didn't mention it, but I imagine the elusive deal they had is over and EA can make baseball games again.

At least, I hope somebody will. Was probably going to go X1 next gen and no baseball games at all may be the deal breaker

MLB.com is teasing RBI Baseball '14 for current and next-gen consoles, as well as mobile devices. No details about who's developing the game, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Link to the story: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/r-b-i-baseball-franchise-revived-for-xbox-one-ps4/1100-6417137/

MLB.com is teasing RBI Baseball '14 for current and next-gen consoles, as well as mobile devices. No details about who's developing the game, though.
MLB is developing the game in-house with the team that handles managing the websites for the league's 30 teams. So this might not be good news with a team w/ no video game development experience.

MLB.com guys pioneered the whole pay-per-sport ITV idea. Something NCAA desperately needs. Maybe they can surprise us.

Maybe we can get another Ken Griffey type game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything as fun a Ken Griffey Baseball would be epic! Doubt it will be that good, but I don't think they're looking to create a MLB The Show type simulation. More like a fun game for kids. Except not as good as Mario Super Sluggers. (Which was probably a better game thank 2K)

bread's done
Back