2nd CAG SSBB Tournament!!! - Currently: FINAL MATCH - JMG!!! vs Peachachu

Bump. Can we get a few warmup matches before we start? That is, begin the matches at 8pm.

My gf's camcorder is ready. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fullmoon swearing is not PG 13. You should definitely do a skype and brawl at the same time to maximize the effect. Use special mushrooms as well. :cool:

[quote name='Rig']We'll be hearing unbiased commentary with that video, yes? ;)[/QUOTE]

All you'll be hearing is a bunch of clicking from my Cube controller. And of course the game.

Lol. My gf said, "This better be over before Batman (midnight showing)".

EDIT: This is never gonna work. How about we do some 1-on-1s. Each team member plays against their opponents. Best out of 3? We take the aggregate and the team with the most wins the tourney?

It won't be. :( I'll try hosting again.

EDIT: I'd be down for that. Are we ignoring our first win?

Whatever works best. I'm almost certain it's my end. I live in the middle of nowhere, and most of my matches were done while I was at college.

Okay, so. Me versus FallMoon, and Rig versus evergoo? Best of three 1v1. Winners, if on opposing teams, also do 1v1 for Championship?

I hope FallMoon is seeing the forums...

EDIT: We finished. I won 2-1. I'll edit this and add more details later. But we'll play more for now. GGs FallMoon!

Finished our laggy matches. I won 3-0. GGs Rig.

EDIT: I'll still upload that one 'successful' team match so others can see how much Nintendo cares about online Smash.

FULL BATTLE REPORT

So we started off our games - as intended - in teams. We had a few games that got disconnected before we actually finished a very laggy game.

• Joe's Mad Goo (King Dedede and R.O.B.) d. Peachachu (Meta Knight and Kirby) @ Battlefield - This game was extremely laggy. So, honestly, I don't remember much. We exchanged blows until Rig was knocked out. At that point, Goo and I each had two lives to FallMoon's one. She went on the offensive against Goo, and shuttle looped him far off the stage. Unfortunately, she landed perfectly in front of me to finish her off with a forward smash. Game!
After several more failed attempts to get a game completed, we agreed to do duels and let the outcome of those determine the championship. I faced off against FallMoon. Here are the results.

• JoeB1233 (King Dedede) d. FallMoon (Meta Knight) @ Final Destination - This was a pretty nice match. I managed to annoy the crap out of Meta Knight by throwing a million Waddle Dees. Fortunately for me, I threw three Gordos that happened to penetrate Meta Knight's tornado/drill. I'm pretty sure that those put me over the top. In addition, Meta Knight lost a life by mis-spacing a shuttle loop.

• JoeB1233 (King Dedede) d. FallMoon (Peach) @ Final Destination - More of the same here. I threw about a million Waddle Dees at Peach, slowing down her float game severely. And now being able to chain throw, I was pretty comfortable. I managed to take her down to her last life before losing my first. I don't remember quite how the match ended, but it was 2-0 at the end.

• FallMoon (Olimar) d. JoeB1233 (Ness) @ Final Destination - This was pretty close. My Ness game is pretty limited, so FallMoon was doing pretty well at letting me come to her and then punishing. I lost the first life before taking FM's first with a spike. After that I pulled ahead briefly before being punished severely by FM. I don't really remember how, but it came down to my last life versus hers, and, well, she won. That was a nice game! :applause:
In goo's duel with Rig, goo won 3-0. And, with that, it looks like the winner of this tournament is:

9ad15aafb3d7fa885656a4c09b070e65e17dc8b.png

Mad D and evergoo, let me know which 1000 point Wii game you'd like!

Sadly, that's a crappy way to end this tournament. I don't think we can do anymore tournaments until Nintendo fixes their problems.

Out of curiosity, who donated those points? I wanna thank them for their generosity.

Last but not least...

Thanks to EVERYONE for participating in this tournament!

[quote name='evergoo']Sadly, that's a crappy way to end this tournament. I don't think we can do anymore tournaments until Nintendo fixes their problems.[/quote]

I think a 1v1 tourney might be tolerable, but anything more than that is simply inconceivable at this point. It really is sad - hopefully Nintendo has an upcoming solution.

[quote name='evergoo'] Out of curiosity, who donated those points? I wanna thank them for their generosity.[/quote]

'Twas me! I hosted, so, I give!

[quote name='evergoo']
Thanks to EVERYONE for participating in this tournament![/quote]

Agreed! Thanks, guys, for sticking this out until the end! I know it was pretty slow there at the end, but at least we had some fun, ya? :D I'm glad to have hosted this tourney with evergoo - who, by the way, deserves high praise. He played extremely skillfully, oversaw the bracket, and helped with a lot of the decisions. So, thanks goo! :applause: Couldn't have done this without you!

[quote name='JoeB1233']
Mad D and evergoo, let me know which 1000 point Wii game you'd like![/QUOTE]Oh no no, I'll give my half to Marc. I felt like I didn't participate enough (wish I could have in the earlier rounds like we agreed but all those scheduling problems got in the way when the tournament started, what back in May? :lol:). Anyways I just got back from seeing The Dark Knight and need some sleep, I'm sure Marc won't mind my decision. Very nice of you to donate those points Joe.

Congratulations! :applause:
You guys are impossibly tough! Enjoy those points :bouncy:

Lag wasn't too unbearable for me. The stress of getting everyone together was the worse part, but I still had loads of fun. Team :whee: went way farther that I expected us to go :lol:

[quote name='JoeB1233']I'm glad to have hosted this tourney with evergoo - who, by the way, deserves high praise. He played extremely skillfully, oversaw the bracket, and helped with a lot of the decisions. So, thanks goo! :applause: Couldn't have done this without you![/QUOTE]

Joe, I think you deserve the most applause for your tremendous efforts in organizing this tourney :applause:. Honestly, you did most of the dirty work (gathering 16 teams, lots of PMs, deadlines, forfeit decisions, etc.), whereas I was just there for support.

Competition-wise, I think we picked up for each other's slack. I saved us from SHOW US YOUR MOVES and you returned that favor against PEACHACHU when I played poorly. I still won't forget that miracle I pulled off against Arikado and Mr. Beef.

Regarding the prizes, I think we already rewarded one another awhile ago with the Dr. Mario gifting ;).

[quote name='evergoo']Sadly, that's a crappy way to end this tournament. I don't think we can do anymore tournaments until Nintendo fixes their problems.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to wonder if it's EVER going to get fixed. The lag hasn't really improved any since the game first came out, and you could argue it's getting worse - it used to be that friend matches weren't too bad but the random matchups were virtually unplayable. Now, they're both lagfests.

I had no idea the tournament was still going on. Congrats to Joe's Mad Goo, and I'll try to put up a better fight and not lose so quickly if and when we give it another go. :)

bread's done
Back