2Wire help

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
I have AT&T Uverse High speed internet and I want to put a router behind it and make the 2wire just the gateway. I know it can be done since I've googled it but all the explanations make it seem so difficult. Anyone have Uverse and have done this? Or does anyone have experience in this?

I have AT&T Uverse High speed internet and I want to put a router behind it and make the 2wire just the gateway. I know it can be done since I've googled it but all the explanations make it seem so difficult. Anyone have Uverse and have done this? Or does anyone have experience in this?
what you mean exactly? isn't the AT&T Uverse device they gave you both a modem and router? that means it should have 4 ethernet ports and wireless with it already. if you are planning to plug in another router into it to place the 2nd router somewhere else, plug in an ethernet cable either from 1-4 port on the Uverse device and plug the other end to the WAN port of the router. i am still using AT&T DSL and got that configuration. i dont remember if i need to setup anything with the 2nd router. i think it automatically sets for u

so my AT&T DSL wireless device with 4 ethernet port is connected to 1 router, 2 computer, and a non-wireless router with ethernet cables (also connected wirelessly with other devices). thend my 2nd non-wireless router is connected to 1 tv, 1 ps3, 1 bluray player, and 1 laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have already done this but my 2nd router will not give me any internet access. The computer reads it and connects to it no problem but there is no internet access coming through

Sounds like a problem with your second router.  I connect 2 computers to a router, and then connect that to 2wire and everything works fine.

bread's done
Back