3/2/14 Sunday, Final Day! FREE GameMaker Studio Standard Edition (reg. $49.99)

Electroplasm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
***Update*** Sunday (3/2) is the Final Day and it can take a few hours to receive the key and email so make haste.

Flappy Birds. Flappy Dicks. Floppy Bron-Brons. Your flappy $50,000 a day future of coke and whores awaits!

http://gamemakerblog.com/2014/02/22/gamemaker-studio-standard-edition-is-free-for-a-limited-time-50-value/

http://www.yoyogames.com/download/studio/free

For a limited time, GameMaker Studio Standard edition is available for free. Valued at $49.99, GameMaker Studio Standard is a significant improvement upon the free version of the software which imposes harsh restrictions on the resources that developers can make use of.

Additionally, developers can use their free Standard edition license to upgrade to the Professional edition (RRP $99.99) for only $35 more. This offer ends March 2, 2014.
gamemaker-standard3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Registered for the license a few hours ago, but haven't received it. If it shows up, cool. If not, meh; I can uninstall. Dunno if I'd use it much even with the license.

Thanks for updating the title to remind me. I already have a Pro license, but one of my kids wants to learn to make games and I figure getting him his own license would be a good idea at this price.

Thanks OP. Thought I'd give this a try since it is free.

I didn't have any problem obtaining the license key and I did not have to sign for their newsletter (though they have sent a mail asking for confirmation of subscription which I won't bother to join. Below are the steps I followed:

1. Downloaded the exe of some 135Mb.

2. Installed the exe

3. On launch page, you are asked for your email ID for registration

4. As you enter your email ID, received license key immediately by mail.

5. Enter license key on the 3rd section and the product gets registered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if I install this on my current computer, if i'll be able to access it on another later? (don't have my new computer yet) -- thanks in advance

I didn't have any problem obtaining the license key and I did not have to sign for their newsletter (though they have sent a mail asking for confirmation of subscription which I won't bother to join. Below are the steps I followed:

1. Downloaded the exe of some 135Mb.

2. Installed the exe

3. On launch page, you are asked for your email ID for registration

4. As you enter your email ID, received license key immediately by mail.

5. Enter license key on the 3rd section and the product gets registered.
The third step never happened for me. I've searched high and low in this program and have not found any prompt for an email address, only a page through which I can select the free license or input a license key (which I do not have).

Oh well.

Does anyone know if I install this on my current computer, if i'll be able to access it on another later? (don't have my new computer yet) -- thanks in advance
The assumption as with any other software is till you have the license key, you should be able to install it on another machine. You might need to un-install from the previous machine if the license states it is eligible for only 1 machine.

I haven't tried this myself yet, but I too got the software installed on my work laptop since it was last day and I was feeling too lazy to start my personal laptop!

bread's done
Back