$3.88 DVDs at Wally World

Theo3rd

Banned
I was just in Wal-Mart and they had a bin of $3.88 DVDs at the back of the electronics section. Th only one I picked up was Freejack, because it was mainly a lot of crap and very difficult to find widescreen DVDs. Some of the ones are remember were:
Freejack
How to Deal
Showdown in Little Tokyo
Terminator 3 - 2 Disc Set
Matchstick Men
Wrongfully Accused
The Crush
Three To Tango
Showtime

There were others, but like I said, most of them were fullscreen.

YMMV

my walmart does not have theese as of today this afternoon(minocqua, WI)

ill check back later this week or over the weekend possibly, see if its nation wide

it is a super good deal for those flicks....

Yeah, mine only had fullscreens too. There were only like 5 dvds in the whole bin that were widescreen except for "How to Deal" which is both on the same disc.

[quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']i prefer fullscreen.......as i dont have the money for a sweeet widescreen tv.[/QUOTE]

Don't you care that you're missing out on a significant amount of the movie?

[quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']i prefer fullscreen.......as i dont have the money for a sweeet widescreen tv.[/QUOTE]

Then maybe you should stick with VHS.

My wal mart didnt have jack shit.They had crocidile dundee.Bought it of course.Other then that nothing.Everything was gone.
Damn

I picked up T3 for 3.88 it was widescreen (Topeka, KS Walmart) and also picked up Terminator 1 & 2 for 9.99 wasn't bad at all T2 was the eXtreme Edition. All Terminators were Widescreen

[quote name='dopehat']I picked up T3 for 3.88 it was widescreen (Topeka, KS Walmart) and also picked up Terminator 1 & 2 for 9.99 wasn't bad at all T2 was the eXtreme Edition. All Terminators were Widescreen[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, I'm gone then, got to go pick up T3.

Thanks!!!

Edit: Totally sucks, checked two Wal-Mart's, no bin at all... one Wal-Mart told me "oh yeah, we already took that down, all the movies were shipped away".

i picked up the T3 full screen for 5.50 at christmas. I didn't realize it was fullscreen till after I got home though. I just assumed everything is widescreen. oh well, fullscreen didn't ruin the movie

Terminator 3 was one of the few cases where we saw more movie in fullscreen instead of widescreen (though widescreen was still the OAR, the fullscreen version just wasn't matted). A lot of people actually prefered the fullscreen in this case because of the extra "footage" of Loken. There was actually a huge (and funny) thread about this a while back at HTF:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf...eadid=168176&perpage=30&display=&pagenumber=1

[quote name='Blade']Did anyone else have Minority Report and Akira in their bins?[/QUOTE]

I'm considering going to check out the WM around me to see if either of these is there but I doubt it. I was still looking for the Glory 2D I heard someone mention before. Are these Super Wal-Marts that you guys are finding stuff or just regular Wal-Mart? My Super Wal-Marts tend to never have much of the hidden gems that seem to be posted about.

[quote name='Blade']Did anyone else have Minority Report and Akira in their bins?[/QUOTE]

Minority Report was in many of the bins around black friday, so most of them are probably gone by now. However, I was kinda of annoyed that I never picked it up, so last month, I decided to get a cart and empty a dump bin to see if I could find anything good at the bottom, and lo and behold there was a widescreen minority report there.

These movies finally showed up at my wal-mart... they had about 100 copies, no lie, of Terminator 3.

Sadly, all 100 copies were full-screen.

bread's done
Back