3 day sale - save $10 on select item (Resistance Dual Pack)

When does this start dropping? I'm in for one or maybe three OP. Thanks lol Btw can you do this in-store?

[quote name='karyadi']When does this start dropping? I'm in for one or maybe three OP. Thanks lol Btw can you do this in-store?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious to know too, I've been refusing to pay even $30 for the Resistance pack.

Online only or in store too? If its in store I'll probably run out and grab the Resistance Double pack with the $10 off, then use the $15 off coupon as well.

On a side note, does Resistance 2 have a coop campaign? I know the first had split screen coop through the campaign, was wondering if they kept that intact.

Just got back. What a clusterSHAQFU. First the sale wasnt marked anywhere in store, so I brought up the link, but those prices werent active yet so I had to explain that to the employee (that although the site said $10 of select items when you clicked on the select items they all showed without discount). He was understanding and was willing to mark The Resistance dual pack to match the $29.99 the website should have said. It was however a fiasco to get this done with the computer and after several minutes they were able to mark the price as $29.99 then I used the coupon to get it for $14.99. I also preorders gears 3, and used the @gamer coupon to get the Gears triple pack for $10. Grabbed a subscription to the magazine as well. My total was:

Resistance Dual Pack: $14.99
1 year @gamer Mag: $14.99
Gears Triple Pack: $9.99
Gears 3 Pre Order: $5.00
Tax: $2.50
Total: 47.47

Not exactly great, and was more than I had hoped to spend (tried to get Gears triple pack for free to no avail, and initally didnt intend to get the mag) but glad I got Gears 3 pre order out of the way and can always flip the triple pack to recoup $20 or so if I have the buyers remorse. Also there is a promo where if you use a BB credit card you get 10% off your purchase but it didnt stack with the coupons and sales.

so is the resistance price live in-store now? I'll definitely pick it up for $15

EDIT- well I called my local store and they said the price is still $40, I dont really feel like driving down there and dealing with a pm. maybe I'll just wait and give it a try tomorrow.

maybe im not reading something correctly but I dont see anywhere o the like that says those titles are 10 dollars off.. I see it says 3 day sale.. but the prices also dont reflect the sale.. is this for friday , saturday and sunday?

I just got back from Best Buy and the Resistance Dual Pack is still $39.99 in store. Called customer service and they said those 11 games mentioned in the 3 day sale should be $10 off and they would honor that price if I wanted to place an order. He also sent a report to the tech team to try and get the problem fixed. Plan on heading back out to Best Best tomorrow morning, so lets hope they get the problem fixed by then so I can use my @gamer coupon and get the Dual Pack for $14.99.

[quote name='bh47']I need the price to change already so I can go price adjust the Resistance Pack I bought 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

I bought mine on the 17th. How does this actually work and how much time do you have to price adjust? I don't have my receipt, but when I look at my Reward Zone account, it shows the date, total, and game I bought. Do you know if this would be enough?

so.. resistance dualpack is $39.99, but with this 3 day sale it is $10 off for $29.99. how are people getting it for $14.99? is there a $15 off coupon in the @gamer magazine? if so, how do i get a copy of this coupon?

[quote name='barrit']I bought mine on the 17th. How does this actually work and how much time do you have to price adjust? I don't have my receipt, but when I look at my Reward Zone account, it shows the date, total, and game I bought. Do you know if this would be enough?[/QUOTE]30 days(45 for RZ silver), CS can print a duplicate recent just use the customer kiosk in-store. When you pull up the transaction there's an option to "print receipt", it has the code needed for CS to reprint the actual store receipt for you. Be prepared to fully explain the coupon to them as well this has alot of moving parts since the site isn't updates correctly.

[quote name='hle078']so.. resistance dualpack is $39.99, but with this 3 day sale it is $10 off for $29.99. how are people getting it for $14.99? is there a $15 off coupon in the @gamer magazine? if so, how do i get a copy of this coupon?[/QUOTE]correct, @gamer mag here's the link all mag details are in the OP.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298145

[quote name='Enuf']30 days(45 for RZ silver), CS can print a duplicate recent just use the customer kiosk in-store. When you pull up the transaction there's an option to "print receipt", it has the code needed for CS to reprint the actual store receipt for you. Be prepared to fully explain the coupon to them as well this has alot of moving parts since the site isn't updates correctly.

correct, @gamer mag here's the link all mag details are in the OP.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298145[/QUOTE]

great, thanks for the info. i dont have a subscription, so i guess resistance double pack will be $14.99 + $5 magazine. still a good deal. thanks

just got back from best buy.... the sale on Resistance Dual Pack does not reflect a price of 29.99 as this sale implies. It is still 39.99 on the website and in stores. Dont wast your time going to the store until the website updates the sale price.

do you need a subscription to @gamer magazine or proof of purchase of an @gamer magazine to use one of the coupons found inside of one? Or can you just pull one out of a magazine and use it?

Would I be able to buy Resistance today with the coupon for 39.99 and then price adjust it whenever they fix it and get the 10.00 back or is that a YMMV type of thing?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Man, if it's 29.99 - 15 = 14.99 then I'm going to use my $5 off to get it for 9.99. Pretty sweet deal.[/QUOTE]

BBY wouldn't let me use my Reward Zone gift card along with an @Gamer coupon...

I'm pretty sure you can just buy one issue for $5 and use the coupon inside, or you mean pulling one out of a magazine without buying it?

[quote name='Bong']do you need a subscription to @gamer magazine or proof of purchase of an @gamer magazine to use one of the coupons found inside of one? Or can you just pull one out of a magazine and use it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='allen9917']I'm pretty sure you can just buy one issue for $5 and use the coupon inside, or you mean pulling one out of a magazine without buying it?[/QUOTE]
I think he means buying the magazine at the same time as using the coupon, like I was considering doing. Or do you have to buy separately and then buy the game?

[quote name='cametall']BBY wouldn't let me use my Reward Zone gift card along with an @Gamer coupon...[/QUOTE]

Go back there and tell them to accept your gift card. THere is no reason why they shouldnt. If they do it again call CS and explain and they should compensate you for your trouble.:applause:

I'm pretty sure you can just buy one issue for $5 and use the coupon inside, or you mean pulling one out of a magazine without buying it?

I meant pulling one out of a magazine without buying it

Last edited by a moderator:
This deal is a no-go. Prices haven't been discounted $10 yet, online or in-store. Guy at store actually told me it's an online only deal, but I'm not too sure about that.

[quote name='hle078']great, thanks for the info. i dont have a subscription, so i guess resistance double pack will be $14.99 + $5 magazine. still a good deal. thanks[/QUOTE]This is like the 10th stacking deal in 2 mags, the $15 sub can easily pay for itself in 1 so you'll get your $ worth.

BB has been alerted to the issue at hand about the non updated prices, this should be both in-store/online since there's non "online only" verbage. Hopefully, they'll extend the deal an extra day seeing as they already cheated people outta 1 so far.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Gadgets/3-day-sale-10-off-games-not-updated-yet/td-p/309912

just got off the phone with my local best buy (Baldwin, NY) they said they dont need proof of purchase of a physical magazine, they just need the coupon. This means that you do not need a subscription or to buy an @gamer magazine. If you are in the Reward Zone Gamers Club and you can get your hands on a coupon WITHOUT buying an @gamer magazine, you can use the 15$ off Resistance coupon

[quote name='n8dawwg']Go back there and tell them to accept your gift card. THere is no reason why they shouldnt. If they do it again call CS and explain and they should compensate you for your trouble.:applause:[/QUOTE]

I did all that, CS agreed with the store and said I couldn't use an @Gamer coupon and a Rewards Zone gift card.

It was the Street Fighter IV coupon.

Best Buy has been on my shit list ever since.

[quote name='Bong']just got off the phone with my local best buy (Baldwin, NY) they said they dont need proof of purchase of a physical magazine, they just need the coupon. This means that you do not need a subscription or to buy an @gamer magazine. If you are in the Reward Zone Gamers Club and you can get your hands on a coupon WITHOUT buying an @gamer magazine, you can use the 15$ off Resistance coupon[/QUOTE]

Interesting logic, but if you honestly believe you dont have to buy the magazine, go ahead and rip it out while you're at the register and then put the magazine back.

Make sure you post the youtube link of you getting thrown out of the store.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Interesting logic, but if you honestly believe you dont have to buy the magazine, go ahead and rip it out while you're at the register and then put the magazine back.

Make sure you post the youtube link of you getting thrown out of the store.[/QUOTE]
He's already deleted the posts where he admits that he is planning on stealing one from the magazine. Suddenly his "friend" has a coupon.

Somebody should contact the local Best Buy in Baldwin, NY and warn them about somebody planning on stealing coupons from their Gamer magazines, probably tomorrow. lol

Are you implying that I made up the situation where I called the store and asked them if I could use a coupon I got from a friend? Why would I do such a thing? When did I ever say I was going to "rip out a coupon right at the register"? Spafon, you're a clown. You didnt answer my PM, so instead u decide to take a shot at me back in the thread. You lied, you dont know anyone who had the cops called on them for trying to use a coupon lol. If you look at the coupon on the back, it says "CUSTOMER: must be a reward zone member to redeem coupon" Then directly under that it says "Cashier Instructions: Scan coupon UPC. Scan qualifying product UPC. SCan all other products being sold. SCan reward zone membership card. Press "Total". Write "VOID" on the coupon and place in the register coupon media file." NOWHERE in that does it say to check for proof of purchase of a magazine or to check for a subscription. So if you happen to come upon a coupon, for what ever reason, you CAN use it. Hold that

@spafon btw, I have had the coupon for at least 3 weeks now. There are 5 best buys near me, tons in Manhattan where I work. If you're gonna snitch, you should start now because it will take you all night to call them all. Loser

I never implied anything. I am stating that you were planning on ripping a coupon from a magazine you did not buy in store and taking it to the register as you admitted in the posts that you deleted. Why did you delete those again? I didn't answer your PM because you were fishing as to whether it was true that I actually knew somebody who got arrested, most likely because you were scared about the theft that you planned on committing.

As much of a prick as you seem to be, I think it might just be worth it to warn every store near you in the New York area just in case. And obviously, I've got nothing better to do. Please do video tape it though when you do.

My original post, which I deleted, asked whether or not you needed to show proof of purchase of the magazine in order to use the coupon. NEVER ONCE DID I SAY I PLAN ON RIPPING A COUPON FROM A MAGAZINE. The reason I deleted the post is because afterwards, I realized that it was implying that I was questioning whether or not it was acceptable to steal a coupon. I also knew that losers like yourself would throw a fit, so I simply deleted it and kept on rolling. Most likely, you never knew anyone who got arrested because A) it is impossible, B) you never actually answered the question as to whether or not it was true that you knew someone. I havent been scared since I was 5 years old and my dad told me the boogie man would get me if I didnt go to sleep. You can warn every store in the country, but I ALREADY HAVE the coupon, moron. I will record myself going to the store, using the coupon, then afterwards I will come to your shack and play Resistance with your mom, if you know what I mean

ITT: Ethics discussion on the internet.

Spafon, why do you care so much? Get over it.

Bong, you're a $$$ for not wanting to pay $5 to save $15.

Back on topic.

bread's done
Back