3 day sale - save $10 on select item (Resistance Dual Pack)

guys I know this is CAG but can we try a not asshats about coupons, if you want to use a coupon just buy the damn magazine don't steal it.

Just thinking outside the box but if you spend $5 to get a $15 coupon to take the bundle down to $14.99. You're losing tremendous value by buying 1 magazine that's essentially 1/3 the price of a subscription or 9 more magazines with coupons. I'd recommend doing as I think someone else posted and buying a subscription with the savings of the sale and coupon.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Just thinking outside the box but if you spend $5 to get a $15 coupon to take the bundle down to $14.99. You're losing tremendous value by buying 1 magazine that's essentially 1/3 the price of a subscription or 9 more magazines with coupons. I'd recommend doing as I think someone else posted and buying a subscription with the savings of the sale and coupon.[/QUOTE]

Can you buy a scription in-store and get the current issue at the time?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Can you buy a scription in-store and get the current issue at the time?[/QUOTE]

Yup just take the mag to a cashier and tell them you want a sub. They will ring up the mag and then the sub. The sub will be discounted $5 because of purchasing the mag.

Guys, if you're planning on benefiting from this sale AND using the @gamer mag coupon, I would recommend waiting for the prices to be updated on their website and in store.

I went to a Best Buy yesterday (Thursday, the first day of the sale) and all games were still listed at MSRP (both online and in store). So I told the salesperson about the sale, and after checking their website, calling a manager, and discussing it for some 15 minutes, he was able to prime match their own website.

He then proceeded to scan my coupon (I bought the magazine for the Dungeon Siege III coupon when the game went on sale for $30 a couple weeks ago). He told me it wasn't going to work because coupons only work on regular priced items, to which I explained him that they do in fact work, I had done it before, it's their new corporate policy, they should've received the memo, blablabla.

After another 10 minutes or so convincing him, he decided to scan the coupon. And guess what? It took $15 off the MSRP ($39.99, coming to a total of $24.99 + tax), completely ignoring the PM. As you guys are aware of, even though the coupons work with sale prices, they never work with PMs, no matter who they are PMing (even if it's their own website). PMs are different than sale prices.

Bottom line, I spent at least 30 minutes at Best Buy, only to leave empty handed. Therefore, if you're willing to buy the Resistance Dual Pack, wait for it to go down to $29.99 in their system before attempting to purchase it, or else you'll have problems using the coupon.

[quote name='EeK85']Guys, if you're planning on benefiting from this sale AND using the @gamer mag coupon, I would recommend waiting for the prices to be updated on their website and in store.

I went to a Best Buy yesterday (Thursday, the first day of the sale) and all games were still listed at MSRP (both online and in store). So I told the salesperson about the sale, and after checking their website, calling a manager, and discussing it for some 15 minutes, he was able to prime match their own website.

He then proceeded to scan my coupon (I bought the magazine for the Dungeon Siege III coupon when the game went on sale for $30 a couple weeks ago). He told me it wasn't going to work because coupons only work on regular priced items, to which I explained him that they do in fact work, I had done it before, it's their new corporate policy, they should've received the memo, blablabla.

After another 10 minutes or so convincing him, he decided to scan the coupon. And guess what? It took $15 off the MSRP ($39.99, coming to a total of $24.99 + tax), completely ignoring the PM. As you guys are aware of, even though the coupons work with sale prices, they never work with PMs, no matter who they are PMing (even if it's their own website). PMs are different than sale prices.

Bottom line, I spent at least 30 minutes at Best Buy, only to leave empty handed. Therefore, if you're willing to buy the Resistance Dual Pack, wait for it to go down to $29.99 in their system before attempting to purchase it, or else you'll have problems using the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this post. Hopefully I'll wake up to some success stories, and I'll make the drive out.

Two good games, in a recently released bundle for $15 is a heck of a deal. But it's not worth wasting my time and oh so precious gas to leave empty handed.

A while back I took the coupons out of one of the mags in store. Thought they were just in store mags with inserts, so I wasnt even trying to be stealthy when I did it. Nobody seemed to notice or cared enough to correct me and i used it that day. (it was the get one used game half off coupon). Since then I've been made aware that you gotta pay for these and got a subscription

Any update with this? Also anyone know how to get the DX11 cheaper? Does the buy 3-4 accessories get 15-20% off stack?

Agreed. If I hear some updates today I'll head out and pick up two of them ( for my friend too).[quote name='mattcube64']Thank you for this post. Hopefully I'll wake up to some success stories, and I'll make the drive out.

Two good games, in a recently released bundle for $15 is a heck of a deal. But it's not worth wasting my time and oh so precious gas to leave empty handed.[/QUOTE]

I went to best buy in Toledo, oh. They were perplexed at the sale, however I had no issues with getting the 2 pack to $30 and using the coupon on top of that. Excellent deal.

Anyone want to inform the site that the prices aren't fixed or are those possibly the price they are just listing them at and won't drop?

This is pathetic. On the front of their three day sale page, they even show Infamous 2 as being $10 off at $49.99, but it's still full price when you click on the link and it's still full price when you put it in your shopping cart. Good job, Best Buy.

Went in today to have them match the website for Resistance pack (it still rang up at 39.99) and while they had no problem dropping it to $30, they would not accept the 15$ off gamer coupon. I called customer relations and he told me to fuck off (not exact words) because that would be double dipping. So as soon as the they fix the site, the instore shit should be adjusted aswell and then we all should be able to go in and get this.

[quote name='EeK85']Guys, if you're planning on benefiting from this sale AND using the @gamer mag coupon, I would recommend waiting for the prices to be updated on their website and in store.

Bottom line, I spent at least 30 minutes at Best Buy, only to leave empty handed. Therefore, if you're willing to buy the Resistance Dual Pack, wait for it to go down to $29.99 in their system before attempting to purchase it, or else you'll have problems using the coupon.[/QUOTE]

I wish I read this before I went out. Figured by 230 est they would have had it updated. But nope, so I attempted to argue then when the manager said no those coupons were glitches (3 so far...) I said screw it not worth the hassle and left since I had my daughter. I hate some of the arogant managers at bb, I'm sure he high fived the guy for catching me "trying to beat the system"

justaspade,

Did the BB have any left? I'm assuming you went to the one on Monroe street, right? I'm thinking about heading up there and grabbing a copy.

I don't know how much hope I have in them to correct their system by tomorrow, it seems all screwed up. I was hoping it'd be fixed so I can try to price adjust when I used the $15 coupon.

I tried to pre-order No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise when using that 50% more TIV a few weeks ago and they told me they couldn't ring it up as a pre-order. Their site shows a release date of 7/15/2011 when it should really be 8/16/2011. They said they would bring it up to the powers that be, but it still isn't fixed. The game still shows up as "Backordered" on their site.

Instead I pre-ordered White Knight Chronicles II, which also has a wrong release date. It says 8/9/2011, when it should be 9/13/2011. I told them this date was wrong as well, but it still isn't corrected on their site. Anyone planning on pre-ordering WKC2 using the TIV deal may want to do so before 8/9 or they will probably be unable to ring it up as a pre-order after that date.

Well. After an hour on the phone with CS this morning, and then another hour in the store itself, I was able to get them to honor the $14.99 price with the coupon. The CS rep on the phone was very nice, and in fact, offered to put my order through via the phone, but because the coupon was in-store only, she spoke with the mgr there and told her I would be coming in.

Well of course, once I get there, the mgr says the best she can do is take $15 off the regular price, since "the coupon cant be used on sale prices." So I direct her to the 6/1/11 memo, and of course, it takes her 20 mins to find it. So then she adjusts the price to $29.99, applies the coupon, and WTF.. only $5 comes off. She tells me she applied the coupon, and I remind her that even though it did take $15 off, it took it off the regular price (since we all know the system cant handle a PM and a coupon). I tell her to just do an override for $10 and then another for $15 and that she can keep the coupon. She thinks about it for a sec, and then tells me my total is $14.99+tax.

All in all, happy I got the game, but dont know if it was worth two hours of my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nuuuuj']

All in all, happy I got the game, but dont know if it was worth two hours of my life.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Best Buy subscribes to the Toys R Us "customer is always wrong" policy.
Baffles me that retail outfits operate like that.
Unless BB can get their shit together by day 3 of the sale (I doubt it), I'll be giving this deal a miss.

Oh art thou Best Buy, you know how to romanticize such a beautiful experience at your store, and treat your customers. Back on a none romanticized note, I'm seriously regretting purchasing things at Best Buy. I've had not such a great experience from them and at most I can remember 3-4 good purchases and other times were frustrations. They need to fix their freaking system and educate ALL managers.

[quote name='barrit']What is the 6/1/11 memo?[/QUOTE]

Internal employee news article telling all stores that as of 6/1, the @gamer coupons will stack on top of sale prices.

Was told today bestbuy does not pricematch bestbuy.com now, however they could not show me on their pricematch policy. Tried to get $10 off resistance dual pack, the manager would not honor it stfating this was effective 6/27/11. Who doesn't price match their own webstie, seriously...

[quote name='Danismyhero']Was told today bestbuy does not pricematch bestbuy.com now, however they could not show me on their pricematch policy. Tried to get $10 off resistance dual pack, the manager would not honor it stfating this was effective 6/27/11. Who doesn't price match their own webstie, seriously...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately a lot. TRU doesn't match it's own web prices either. And lots of times it's not labeled web only. Makes me avoid them all together.

I don't even understand this 3 day "sale". Nothing listed is actually at a sale price and they don't have these prices in the store. Is this just a website glitch or did Best Buy really drop the ball on this sale?

Geek squad being useless as usual. They probably though they would get more sales or something if they put the word sale. Serious fail on BB's part.

[quote name='Danismyhero']Was told today bestbuy does not pricematch bestbuy.com now, however they could not show me on their pricematch policy. Tried to get $10 off resistance dual pack, the manager would not honor it stfating this was effective 6/27/11. Who doesn't price match their own webstie, seriously...[/QUOTE]BB does match BB.com report it to corp thru the forums page or send a pm to one of the community connectors there. Absolutely ridiculous it's the 1st sentence in their policy!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011
They advertise it for Christ sakes "we match BB.com" unlike the competition ie Walmart.

[quote name='karyadi']Geek squad being useless as usual. They probably though they would get more sales or something if they put the word sale. Serious fail on BB's part.[/QUOTE]Epic fail, I mean I can only wonder the # of people who have alerted them that the sites not updated & yet here we are. There's more CAG interaction in the post about the error than BB people, I figured one of their "contributors" would've popped in by now. I have pm'd a CC that I'm cool wit but he may not work this late. At least he's upfront with $hit & really tries for the customer. Hopefully, they'll extend the sale for all next week to make up for it.
FYI:he's really fighting for us to keep the $10 for $150 spent on gaming too & get 2X points on top of it.

I really hate when stores have sales and they have no clue about :lol:

[quote name='Danismyhero']Was told today bestbuy does not pricematch bestbuy.com now, however they could not show me on their pricematch policy. Tried to get $10 off resistance dual pack, the manager would not honor it stfating this was effective 6/27/11. Who doesn't price match their own webstie, seriously...[/QUOTE]

TRU, Walmart, Target, should I keep going?

I know, It seems like the stupidest thing on the planet, but they do not pricematch their own websites.
(Although Walmart will allow you to order (and pay) online, for the online price, and do an instore pickup once they get the order in their processing system.)

whats really funny about the 3day sale is that there are other items listed on it like tvs and tablets.. and those prices did drop in store and on site.. but somehow it didnt work with games..wtf..

I spoke to the guy in the gaming dept. He looked it up and saw what I was talking about where the $10 sale was not reflected. A manager concurred and manually adjusted the price of the Resistance Dual Pack to $29.99. When I then gave him the @gamer $15 off coupon, he said that would be a better deal - if I wanted to go that way instead. I informed him the coupon should be in addition to the $10 off sale as the coupons were supposed to work in conjunction with sale prices.

I kid you not, when he read the back of the coupon where it says discount is taken from regular prices, he made the best impersonation of Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber when he looks at the briefcase and exclaims "Samsonite". Jim Carry could not have done better. After further debate, he told the cashier to try it.

Anyways, the coupon did apply - but not to the discounted price. So, even after manager override to $29.99, the coupon just took it to $24.99.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I spoke to the guy in the gaming dept. He looked it up and saw what I was talking about where the $10 sale was not reflected. A manager concurred and manually adjusted the price of the Resistance Dual Pack to $29.99. When I then gave him the @gamer $15 off coupon, he said that would be a better deal - if I wanted to go that way instead. I informed him the coupon should be in addition to the $10 off sale as the coupons were supposed to work in conjunction with sale prices.

I kid you not, when he read the back of the coupon where it says discount is taken from regular prices, he made the best impersonation of Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber when he looks at the briefcase and exclaims "Samsonite". Jim Carry could not have done better. After further debate, he told the cashier to try it.

Anyways, the coupon did apply - but not to the discounted price. So, even after manager override to $29.99, the coupon just took it to $24.99.[/QUOTE]
Cause it doesnt work on PM's to avoid things that they're doing anyways... IE doing insane deals. It does work on sales and has always.

[quote name='admiralvic']Cause it doesnt work on PM's to avoid things that they're doing anyways... IE doing insane deals. It does work on sales and has always.[/QUOTE]

Right. The cashier clicked on "Incorrect Price" as the reason as opposed to "Price Match", but the result is the same.

Wow, leave it to bestbuy to have Starcraft 2 at $60 while other major retailers such as newegg,target,Walmart, and Amazon have had for $50 for months, then call it a deal by "cutting" it down to to its new msrp.

[quote name='PretentiousWaffle']Wow, leave it to bestbuy to have Starcraft 2 at $60 while other major retailers such as newegg,target,Walmart, and Amazon have had for $50 for months, then call it a deal by "cutting" it down to to its new msrp.[/QUOTE]

They're supposed to have a "sale" but the discounts didn't apply to the games, I.E. fail Best Buy being fail.

Prices have finally been adjusted on the website. Unfortunately a lot of games are unavailable in store and Ship to Store is UNAVAILABLE!!!! So now you have to add shipping.
I was so hoping for a great deal on Arkham Asylum GOTY

[quote name='bigkid43']Prices have finally been adjusted on the website. Unfortunately a lot of games are unavailable in store and Ship to Store is UNAVAILABLE!!!! So now you have to add shipping.
I was so hoping for a great deal on Arkham Asylum GOTY[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for someone, to confirm that they got the sale price in store today (Last day of 3 day sale) without special manager overrides. I was in this morning, just after they opened and there was no sign indicating the sale so I had them price check and it showed $39.99. I asked about a website PM and he said they can, but when he pulled it up on the web I saw it also said 39.99 and no indication of being on sale making me look like the idiot. What the fuck is up with BB and their fake sales?

Yeah, this has been a very disappointing sale. Being that the "3 days" are now just one day, I really don't feel like I'll possibly be able to pick up anything. It just seems like the stores will probably not be up to speed with the website and the website can't accept the coupon from what I hear.

Fail. Stores haven't updated with new pricing like the website has. I just went right now on my lunch break and they had to price match the website and didn't want to stack the coupon. Didn't have time to call a manager in and argue.

bread's done
Back