3 for $30 at Bestbuy.com

mtdeeley

CAG Veteran
Best Buy has an online-only sale this week. Games normally priced less that $15 are on sale at 3 for $30. Ends Aug. 6. And yeah, there are a lot of crappy games in the list, but some fine ones two. I've got my eye on Vodoo Vince and The Thing. I can personally recommend Syberia for you adventure game fans.

And in case you haven't heard, Pulse Race is one of the worst Xbox games ever made! Don't even THINK about buying unless it's the one game needed to complete your collection of Xbox games.

[quote name='Epic Wolf']decent deal, but imo Syberia is a point & click snoozer[/QUOTE]

If you don't like point and click adventures, then no, this game won't change your mind. If you DO like the genre, it's easily worth the $10.

I would say go for Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. Really good game, but unfortunately very underated. :(

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Wow, nothing I really want or already have.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do have several games worth owning there, but I've already got them. The funny thing is that I paid less than $10 each for several of them at Best Buy's B&M stores last year. :D

It looks like they raised prices on some games. Pulse Racer was $0.99 last year and Fairly Odd Parents on XBox was $9.99 without having to buy 3 games for 3 for $30 (part of a $9.99 endcap box of games). Whirl Tour also used to be $9.99, and Total Immersion Racing and Tribes used to be $4.99. Strange since I thought when they marked down those games they weren't going to restock them again.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Wow, nothing I really want or already have. Oh well, it's just worst buy ;)[/QUOTE]

I prefer to call it "Poorest Purchase"

I just can't do it. After tax and shipping, it's $38. Not worth it for Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Winback, and The Thing. Most of the rest of the games that I don't already own are either awful -- Dark Angel, Fugitive Hunter, Wave Rally -- or old enough to be obsolete -- Colin 3, Total Immersion Racing, Tekken Tag.

Baldur's Gate is the only must-have here. Roadkill, Music Maker, and Sphinx are all decent, but there are much better deals for them out there. I appreciate the post though, OP, and almost bit.

imho this could be the crappiest list of sale games ever.

thanks for the heads-up though. :)

Around the World in 80 Days - Game Boy Advance

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance Greatest Hits - PlayStation 2

Blood Wake Platinum Hits - Xbox

Colin McRae Rally 3 - Xbox

Dark Angel - PlayStation 2 (PS2)

Defender - Nintendo GameCube

Fugitive Hunter: War on Terror - PlayStation 2

Grabbed By The Ghoulies - Xbox

Magix Music Maker - PlayStation 2 (PS2)

Mark Davis Pro Bass Challenge - PlayStation 2

Mobile Light Force 2 - PlayStation 2 (PS2)

PRYZM Chapter One: The Dark Unicorn - Playstation 2 (PS2)

Pulse Racer - Xbox

Reign of Fire - Xbox

RoadKill - PlayStation 2

Run Like Hell - Playstation 2 (PS2)

Smash Cars - PlayStation 2

Sphinx And The Cursed Mummy - PlayStation 2

Syberia - Xbox

Tekken Tag Tournament Greatest Hits - PlayStation 2

The Fairly OddParents!: Breakin' Da Rules - Xbox

The Hobbit - Nintendo GameCube

The King of Fighters EX: Neo Blood - Game Boy Advance; Game Boy Advance, Game Boy

The Thing - Playstation 2 (PS2)

The Thing - Xbox

Total Immersion Racing - PlayStation 2 (PS2)

Tribes: Aerial Assault - PlayStation 2 (PS2)

Voodoo Vince - Xbox

Warhammer 40,000 Fire Warrior - PlayStation 2

Wave Rally - PlayStation 2 (PS2)

Whirl Tour - Nintendo GameCube

WinBack: Covert Operations - PlayStation 2 (PS2)

Zapper - PlayStation 2 (PS2)

Zapper - Xbox

bread's done
Back